Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:04:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Explosion on the Tube.

Started by TraceyQ, July 07, 2005, 10:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amp

Quote from: "BBC""the bus ripped open like a can of sardines and bodies everywhere."

I really, really, really despise quotes like that.

Of course, I always use explosions to open cans of sardines...

Jon_Norton

I was due to go to a job interview near Edgware Rd at 11. I went to my local tube station at quarter to 10 and it was shut, with a big sign saying the whole network was down due to  power failure. Now I'm watching BBC and there seem to have been several bombs and also a power failure.

slim

How ironic that the weather report next to the article about this on Sky News says

"Much of Britain will turn out fine,"

Um, or not.

Where's the news of the Chunnel coming from BWW?

I can get through again but four people aren't answering their phones.  Is it the gleneagles summit beginning today?

Chunnel was heresay, we'll see- explosive device on tube apparently.

Quote from: "Frinky"I'm sure this is all just a promo tie-in for War Of The Worlds.

That's fantastic!

Right I'm turning the TV* on.  It's quite exciting in a way, watching thing unfold.  Exciting, in a quite scary way.

*I nearly said tube.

amp

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote"the bus ripped open like a can of sardines and bodies everywhere."

That sort of pissed me off too. Report the news for fuck's sake, rather than winiding everyone up into a panic. The one problem with the BBC is it's fucking employees. There's one thing trying to be impartial and offering a simple comprehensive service, and there's another trying to turn it into a fucking TV show like ITN, SKY etc.

"the bus exploded like hiroshima and thousands of bodies catapulted off the bus like wasps, charred in smoke and london was blown to kingdom come!", but stay here on ITN, because we'll be asking a little blind girl what it means to her that we've got the Olympics.

Mr. Analytical

I get the impression that there's nothing but rumours and conjecture flying about all over the place, even the BBC news site just isn't putting anything up.

TotalNightmare

Some phone networks are down as people are jamming the phone lines to get in touch with people, so for now, just be a little a patient.

Odd day for it.

Look, first shaken victim! Milk her, milk her!

And fuck's sake answer your phones!

danielreal2k

I cant get bbc.co.uk to work? mass of people checking for news has crashed it maybe?

mrpants

Quote from: "danielreal2k"I cant get bbc.co.uk to work? mass of people checking for news has crashed it maybe?

news.bbc.co.uk seems to be working...

Mr. Analytical

Quote from: "Shoulders?-Stomach!"That sort of pissed me off too. Report the news for fuck's sake, rather than winiding everyone up into a panic.

I had to turn off the ITV live feed because I was getting annoyed when the anchor used the words "FEAR and PANIC" three times in 2 sentences.

"FEAR and PANIC on the streets of London as commuters run screaming with FEAR AND PANIC!"  whereas the TV pictures are a load of emergency services people standing around.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

An odd time and an odd place. I know we've now 'got the games', but if you wanted to put people off, you'd do it before the verdict. Doing it after just make it seem like it's the French, which is stupid.
Also, if it's regrding the G8- it's not being held in London chaps, though I don't know whether GlenEagles is marked on 'Every New Bombers Handbook' map of Britain.

butnut

Yeah none of my friend's mobiles are working. I presume this is because the networks are fucked...

TotalNightmare

i hate to say this, but some of the reporting of this on the radio has been like the On The Hour sketch with the rail crash victims

'wiggle your stumps a little more'

'So, you who is bleeding, shaken up and wandering around in a daze... how do you feel'

(you get the gist, i was never one for quotes)

Yes, it has been like that, but for the time being I'm sweeping the crassness aside.  Just want to know if everyone's ok, I'm refreshing Livejournal like crazy and trying to ring people.  Networks still down?

23 Daves

Beyond the pale now... amidst the rumour-mongering, someone's just phoned up work to say there had "definitely" been an explosion at Aldwych tube station. They couldn't be told otherwise, we had to keep reiterating that it was Aldgate.

Aldwych tube is an abandoned station which hasn't been operating since 1994 - a rubbish target by anyone's standards.  I'd advise everyone not to take any reports seriously until they've actually been properly confirmed.

danielreal2k

FTSE 100 has plunged ,  markets responding already .

oh fucksy

TraceyQ

LB, have you been in touch with your boyfriend yet?

Make me smile

My friend in 'the city' says all mobile networks are down.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

There's something about the way these people move that tells you they are a nation at war. Look into their eyes and you can read the words: 'I have a reservation at the restaurant of death'. It's a messy bistro with a bad name for soiling it's customers' clothes.

amp

apparently they've taken the phone network down to "stop the terrorists phoning each other"

InfiniteFury

I've been having a break from Cab and was giving up posting (long story) but it seems right to say I ain't dead. Hope everyone else is OK.

Everyone who was after theirs ok, everything present and correct?

hansen mork

I just heard theres been 10 buses blowing up outside big ben for the past hour.

Huzzie

Can all London whores please call in.

Let us know you are alright. If you are a mate of a Londonw WHore who is busy working, please let us know you have had contact.

This is fucked.