Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:44:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

'Mad About Alice' - Worst Sitcom Ever?

Started by phil6875, February 28, 2004, 08:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil6875

Surely a contender, did the person who gave this the green light actually read the script? No jokes, no funny situations, no funny characters. Maybe it was commissioned soley on the attraction of the two leads but surely one of the producers had seen Jamie Theakston's horrific attempts at comedy on 'The Priory'?
Can anyone explain how this ended up with a prime time slot(albeit on a Friday evening).
If this gets a second series then the Head of BBC 1 comedy is insane.

rupert pupkin

I saw the first episode and thought it was clunky, badly acted and utterly devoid of funny lines. Mind you, I thought exactly the same thing about My Family and My Hero and they seem to have done alright. Never underestimate the British public's appetite for the piss poor Terry & June-style sitcom.

alan strang

It's certainly not the 'worst sit-com ever' - in fact, unless you've managed to watch every single sit-com that's ever been created, there's no real way of making that comparison.

It's just bland and plodding. There's been a hundred like it in the past.

Jemble Fred

He he... I absolutely LOVE this show. It's certainly in the top two or three worst British sitcoms ever, whatever the criteria. US sitcoms are obviously generally of this abominable standard, but to see it on BBC1... painfully watchable, and I don't usually sit through shite. I find Mad About Alice so compelling.

And, apart from anything else, it's all about breasts. Don't you see?

I love Debra Stephenson.

shoegal

I'm seriously re-thinking payint my TV licence if they're going to waste on total pap like Mad About Alice!

I think it is compelling viewing, but only to see how wooden Jamie Theakston is!

And Amanda Holden - what's wrong with her - she was good in cutting it, but it's like she's trying too hard!

I'd put my life savings (£1.56) on it not getting another series!!!!

Darrell

Quote from: "shoegal"I'd put my life savings (£1.56) on it not getting another series!!!!

It will be getting another, unfortunately. It's been doing inexplicably well ratings-wise.

Jemble Fred

Oh no, more of Debra Stephenson in a clingy top, how awful.

Sorry, you must excuse this adolescent level of filth, but I've been asked to submit some writing for Nuts, and am getting into character.

Goldentony

worst sitcom ever appears to be 'living next door to hitler'

he lived above jews

sounds good but beleive me, so did communism when it was first thought up

dan dirty ape

Quote from: "Goldentony"worst sitcom ever appears to be 'living next door to hitler'

he lived above jews

sounds good but beleive me, so did communism when it was first thought up

What, Heil honey I'm home?

Wasn't this never transmitted? The only clip I've seen of it was on that dogrough Zoe Ball 'worst tv moments' show, and it looked better than 'Mad About Alice'.

shoegal

I'd much rather prefer watching Hitler that Theakston-The-Tit (as he's known to his parents! Alledgedly!!!)

garlicberet

what about Johnny Vaughan's 'Orrible?

*throws up*

Tokyo Sexwhale

Quote from: "garlicberet"what about Johnny Vaughan's 'Orrible?

*throws up*

Nah, that was under-rated.  It did have at least one belly laugh.  Racist copper burst into an illegal party, where they find who they think is the organiser, a black geezer.

"You Black Bastard!" he snarls and punches him in the gut.

I am not a racist.