Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:33:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Started by Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth, March 19, 2021, 01:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: bakabaka on April 27, 2021, 12:42:53 PM
"Who are you?"
"Captain America."
"I thought he was on the moon."

Can anyone explain that one? I thought it was only Superian/Homelander on the moon.
Oh, and The Inhumans.
And the Watcher.
I suppose it's people coming up with theories as to why Steve Rogers isn't around anymore.

frajer

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on April 27, 2021, 12:45:57 PM
I suppose it's people coming up with theories as to why Steve Rogers isn't around anymore.

Yeah I think Sam's associate mentioned the moon thing as a rumour in the first episode.

Suppose the govt is worried about the time travel stuff getting out, or just can't be arsed explaining it to the public? I'd have just said Thanos ate him.

mothman

Been wondering how much the average person in that universe actually knows about what happened. Did they know the Blip was down to an alien doing it, or how? Or who reversed it, or how? I've not seen Far From Home so I don't know what is said there.

Glebe

Quote from: mothman on April 24, 2021, 12:04:57 AM
Spoiler alert
Just realised it was Zemo's butler who blew up the prison van.
[close]

Yeah, fuck, didn't cop that.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: mothman on April 27, 2021, 01:41:50 PM
Been wondering how much the average person in that universe actually knows about what happened. Did they know the Blip was down to an alien doing it, or how? Or who reversed it, or how? I've not seen Far From Home so I don't know what is said there.
Not much of a spoiler to say at the start of FFH, a couple of Peter's fellow students who present the in-school TV channel do a memorial piece for Iron Man, Vision and Black Widow and discuss how fucked up it is with everyone coming back.

In 'Endgame', during the group therapy session Cap America chairs, he namechecks Thanos so presumably the cause of half of everyone vanishing was known to those remaining.

stonkers

Yeah the post-Endgame stuff seems to establish that the average punter is at vaguely aware of who Thanos is and that he did the Snap / Blip. Like the comics you just have to roll with the idea that suddenly knowing that aliens / Norse gods / sentient robots exist doesn't really change society that much.

mothman

C_Larence

There was a scene in Wandavision where civilian characters who weren't present discuss the final battle from Endgame, debating whether Wanda is stronger than Captain Marvel and mentioning that she almost took at Thanos single handedly

phantom_power

Quote from: C_Larence on April 28, 2021, 08:14:18 AM
There was a scene in Wandavision where civilian characters who weren't present discuss the final battle from Endgame, debating whether Wanda is stronger than Captain Marvel and mentioning that she almost took at Thanos single handedly

I couldn't help but read that last bit in the voice of Al Needham. Hawkeye: Shakin' Green Arrow

touchingcloth

Quote from: C_Larence on April 28, 2021, 08:14:18 AM

Given then events of the first Thor film and what happened to New York and Sokovia in the first two Avengers ones it wouldn't really be doable for wraps to be kept on what the causes of it all was. Feels like in that universe that things wouldn't have come as out of the blue as they seem to us - the thirties/forties saw super soldiers and prototype levitating cars, for example, though I'm not sure if things like Red Skull were public knowledge. Banner as Hulk was widely known, though, so aliens probably don't seem quite as, well, alien in that universe.

C_Larence

Agreed. Have any of the MCU movies done the crazed but correct conspiracy theorist trope?

touchingcloth

Did Selvig partly believe in the Norse gods before he met Thor, or was he just studying them as myths?

druss

Only just got around to watching this, have avoided it due to everyone saying it was worse than the lovechild of AIDS and Covid-19.

I think going into it for no other reason than completionism and expecting to see the shittest piece of trash show ever made led to me being pleasantly surprised. It was alright.

Only real issue I had was Erin Kellyman's accent. Couldn't decide whether it was London or Midlands and every second she was speaking I was trying to work it out so I didn't register any of her dialogue.

colacentral

She's from near Birmingham, but moving to London has probably morphed it into a weird half way point, hence why it sounds Somerset to me. Acting as a profession probably compounds the effect. I think the same about Patrick Stewart, who talks alot about being a Yorkshire man, but whenever he does a mock regional accent it sounds to me like he's from South Wales, and Picard sounds more Welsh to me than the posh English man that most people think of him as being.