Author Topic: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier  (Read 9400 times)

Re: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
« Reply #270 on: April 27, 2021, 12:45:57 PM »
"Who are you?"
"Captain America."
"I thought he was on the moon."

Can anyone explain that one? I thought it was only Superian/Homelander on the moon.
Oh, and The Inhumans.
And the Watcher.
I suppose it's people coming up with theories as to why Steve Rogers isn't around anymore.

« Reply #271 on: April 27, 2021, 12:53:25 PM »
I suppose it's people coming up with theories as to why Steve Rogers isn't around anymore.

Yeah I think Sam's associate mentioned the moon thing as a rumour in the first episode.

Suppose the govt is worried about the time travel stuff getting out, or just can't be arsed explaining it to the public? I'd have just said Thanos ate him.

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #272 on: April 27, 2021, 01:41:50 PM »
Been wondering how much the average person in that universe actually knows about what happened. Did they know the Blip was down to an alien doing it, or how? Or who reversed it, or how? I’ve not seen Far From Home so I don’t know what is said there.

Glebe

• It's a fanny old mafia game, innit?
« Reply #273 on: April 27, 2021, 06:15:17 PM »
Just realised it was Zemo’s butler who blew up the prison van.

Yeah, fuck, didn't cop that.

« Reply #274 on: April 27, 2021, 06:18:46 PM »
Been wondering how much the average person in that universe actually knows about what happened. Did they know the Blip was down to an alien doing it, or how? Or who reversed it, or how? I’ve not seen Far From Home so I don’t know what is said there.
Not much of a spoiler to say at the start of FFH, a couple of Peter's fellow students who present the in-school TV channel do a memorial piece for Iron Man, Vision and Black Widow and discuss how fucked up it is with everyone coming back.

In 'Endgame', during the group therapy session Cap America chairs, he namechecks Thanos so presumably the cause of half of everyone vanishing was known to those remaining.

« Reply #275 on: April 27, 2021, 06:26:31 PM »
Yeah the post-Endgame stuff seems to establish that the average punter is at vaguely aware of who Thanos is and that he did the Snap / Blip. Like the comics you just have to roll with the idea that suddenly knowing that aliens / Norse gods / sentient robots exist doesn't really change society that much.

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #276 on: April 27, 2021, 11:34:33 PM »
Thanks both.

« Reply #277 on: April 28, 2021, 08:14:18 AM »
There was a scene in Wandavision where civilian characters who weren’t present discuss the final battle from Endgame, debating whether Wanda is stronger than Captain Marvel and mentioning that she almost took at Thanos single handedly

« Reply #278 on: April 28, 2021, 08:49:33 AM »
There was a scene in Wandavision where civilian characters who weren’t present discuss the final battle from Endgame, debating whether Wanda is stronger than Captain Marvel and mentioning that she almost took at Thanos single handedly

I couldn't help but read that last bit in the voice of Al Needham. Hawkeye: Shakin' Green Arrow

touchingcloth

« Reply #279 on: April 28, 2021, 01:48:30 PM »

Given then events of the first Thor film and what happened to New York and Sokovia in the first two Avengers ones it wouldn’t really be doable for wraps to be kept on what the causes of it all was. Feels like in that universe that things wouldn’t have come as out of the blue as they seem to us - the thirties/forties saw super soldiers and prototype levitating cars, for example, though I’m not sure if things like Red Skull were public knowledge. Banner as Hulk was widely known, though, so aliens probably don’t seem quite as, well, alien in that universe.

« Reply #280 on: April 29, 2021, 05:00:57 AM »
Agreed. Have any of the MCU movies done the crazed but correct conspiracy theorist trope?

touchingcloth

« Reply #281 on: April 29, 2021, 07:34:26 AM »
Did Selvig partly believe in the Norse gods before he met Thor, or was he just studying them as myths?

Tags: