Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:55:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lee Hurst having a normal one, again

Started by Kankurette, March 19, 2021, 08:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Typo in the first word of that article.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: pupshaw on March 20, 2021, 08:57:21 PM
For "some reason" that tweet does not appear at that link...

Damn, I wish I'd taken a screenshot. Baddiel is more pathetic than I thought.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on March 20, 2021, 11:15:59 PM
Damn, I wish I'd taken a screenshot. Baddiel is more pathetic than I thought.
google cache

Johnny Yesno

gib

Always happy to workshop these things.

chveik

why does he bother? Hurst doesn't seem to have a bluetick

kryton2.0

Just read a comment that said he's the Prince Andrew of comedy. Which I think is a little unfair on Prince Andrew.

Anyone reckon the BBC will hire him to replace the Mash report, to go full on total fucking herpes in their new approach to punching down?

also this:

idunnosomename

because he is intellectual comedy man and he has to say something between retweeting photographs of his book that say how important it is for his dopamine

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Yeah "IT'S NOT A SEXIST JOKE IT'S JUST A SHITTY JOKE" doesn't really jive with the epic autofellatio party he's throwing on his timeline with all those pictures of letters about how great his book is

EDIT: oh he's deleted his third tweet on the subject, about how Lee Hurst doesn't deserve to be suspended for suggesting that a childish-looking, barely of legal age woman just needs a good hard fuck to make her drop her stupid fucking greenie nonsense. Aw David did you not get the replies you expected you coward?

Kankurette

Quote from: Buelligan on March 20, 2021, 08:42:09 PM
I think it's pretty noncey to, not only think but also write publicly about a person at least forty years younger than you in a sexual way.  From reading the replies to his tweet, I'm guessing quite a few people feel the same way.  And it's a bit rapey because it's crossing a noncey personal boundary, talking like that publicly about another person without invitation.

TBH it's just completely vile.
This. People have been making creepy sex jokes about Thunberg since she was 16. I can guarantee that if she was a boy she wouldn't be the subject of jokes about getting a good shagging, or being spanked.

A lot of men do like to use sexual humiliation to keep women in our place. Look at all the rape threats Alex Scott gets from angry male football fans. Or the way Ben Garrison draws women. Tyson Fury, awful though he is, at least is honest that he thinks women are either servants or cunt. Plenty of others feel that way too but keep quiet about it, I'm sure.

And if Stewart Lee has made the joke I'd still be disgusted.

lipsink

As soon as David Attenborough gets some cock he'll be sorted, LADS.

Captain Z

Quote from: Kankurette on March 21, 2021, 12:16:43 AM
This. People have been making creepy sex jokes about Thunberg since she was 16. I can guarantee that if she was a boy she wouldn't be the subject of jokes about getting a good shagging, or being spanked.

Obviously it's a different dynamic, but it's pretty common for boys (e.g. Daniel Radcliffe) to be the subject of lazy 'wait till he discovers wanking' jokes.

king_tubby

idunnosomename

i find it difficult to believe daniel radcliffe hadn't discovered wanking before Philosopher's Stone was shot.

anyway he went on to star in a revival of Equus so well that was a path

PaulTMA

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 21, 2021, 01:06:41 AM
wanking before Philosopher's Stone was shot

I've not heard it called that before.

derek stitt

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 20, 2021, 11:21:19 PM
google cache

To quote Alexei Sayle, "anyone who uses the term workshop outside of light engineering is a twat"

ajsmith2

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 21, 2021, 01:06:41 AM
i find it difficult to believe daniel radcliffe hadn't discovered wanking before Philosopher's Stone was shot.

Confirmed during the film itself in this pivotal scene.

https://youtu.be/mHaOHKFzHx8

Kankurette

I like something Steve Brookstein said. I feel unclean.

derek stitt

Back to the rapey and noncey thing. I still think Hurst Joke is guilty non of these things. What Hurst should be ashamed of himself for is the utter indifference to the dehumanising aspects of sexual harassment he displayed in that crude, poorly executed joke.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: derek stitt on March 21, 2021, 10:41:38 AM
Back to the rapey and noncey thing. I still think Hurst Joke is guilty non of these things. What Hurst should be ashamed of himself for is the utter indifference to the dehumanising aspects of sexual harassment he displayed in that crude, poorly executed joke.

I agree with Kankurette and Buelligan here.

You are correct that Thunberg has been targeted by Hurst because she is a very well known young girl who earnestly cares about issues he disagrees with and has thrown shade at her detractors to a level that shows strength of will and fierce independence. That must be mocked and she must be crushed.

The joke itself is, as they pointed out, is in the orbit of stock 'She needs a good shag, that'll loosen her up' misogyny which is pitted completely in rape culture, while the 'can't wait til she turns 16/18 whatever' element which this joke can't help but bring to mind ('discovers cock') is as noncey as it gets, in that it implies that the only thing stopping men from giving her a good shag to loosen her up is the legal boundary. Which is both rapey and noncey.

phes

Lovely Lee has returned. Sad news for women everywhere. Great news for professional pontificating wankers like Workshop Dave

idunnosomename

Huh the greta tweet is still there too. Twitter is weird. It genuinely could do with more transparency why accounts are locked and banned.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 21, 2021, 10:52:20 AM

rapey and noncey.

Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse in the 1990s fortunately consider rename of their popular DJ characters.

phes

Oddly, he appears to now have only 31 followers. afaik this is the same account

https://mobile.twitter.com/LeeHurstComic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

El Unicornio, mang

That's bizarre. So Twitter suspended his account, removed most of his followers but left all his tweets, then reinstated it? I can understand them suspending it to investigate, then realising he hasn't violated any rules, but why remove the followers before reactivating?