Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:43:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lee Hurst having a normal one, again

Started by Kankurette, March 19, 2021, 08:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kryton2.0

Quote from: Kankurette on March 21, 2021, 11:57:58 PM
I didn't tell you to shut up, if that's aimed at me. It just feels like women can't talk about certain things on here without men getting defensive. I manage not to go 'well it happens to white people too' when black people talk about racism.

My post/reply certainly wasn't aimed at you, apologies if you thought it was.

"Needless to say I had the last laugh... and I'm still laughing"

To ensure the tweet didn't get buried in the Greta thread, he then reposted it on his main Twitter feed.

St_Eddie

madhair60

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on March 21, 2021, 09:32:25 PM
I have to take a break from this thread, my eyes hurt from rolling them. LEE HURST HAS HIS PRECIOUS TWITTER ACCOUNT BACK. being suspended from it for two seconds won't hurt his "career".

also crucially if it did, then that would be good.

Barry Admin

Moving this to CC now as people are bumping 5 year old threads instead of starting new ones. I'll literally never understand people's mentality on here. Such a pointless way to make the site an unreadable chore for me.

Johnny Yesno

Comedy Chat, though? This is Brat Worst we're talking about.

petril

so Lee Hurst just needs a good dick forced up his arse to calm him down, and to be honest, all the discussion about acceptability of humour has led me to this conclusion.

just harmless banter, Martin

Just to be clear, I disagree with both Lee Hurst and jobotic, except I quite like jobotic and think Hurst a bumtrombone. 

chrispmartha

Apologies for to Barry Admin (who got a bit arsey) for posting in an old thread, it was the first thread that came up in search to post on and I couldn't find a thread on this current hoo ha.

As you were.

Barry Admin

Quote from: chrispmartha on March 22, 2021, 11:33:22 AM
Apologies for to Barry Admin (who got a bit arsey) for posting in an old thread, it was the first thread that came up in search to post on and I couldn't find a thread on this current hoo ha.

As you were.

Yeah, sorry to get arsey mate, but I'm tired, stressed and hungry, and this has been an issue on this forum for well over a decade now.  And sometimes asking nicely, splitting topics and waiting patiently means that nothing changes. 

Partly my fault here for not just moving the thread over to CC as soon as it started, really.  I do really want people to be able to find things a lot easier, and this is not helped by all the folks who say "this probably doesn't go here, but..." or "this isn't worth a new thread, so I'm bumping this old one instead..." 

There's a HUGE reticence towards starting new threads on here, and it's made me hypervigilant, and that makes the forum a chore for me to read, honestly. 

Topical stories should always be a lot easier for people to find, and not buried away at the end of some old, barely-relevant thread. 

Kankurette

Sorry, I'm relatively new here and I didn't realise.

chrispmartha

Quote from: Barry Admin on March 22, 2021, 02:13:44 PM
Yeah, sorry to get arsey mate, but I'm tired, stressed and hungry, and this has been an issue on this forum for well over a decade now.  And sometimes asking nicely, splitting topics and waiting patiently means that nothing changes. 

Partly my fault here for not just moving the thread over to CC as soon as it started, really.  I do really want people to be able to find things a lot easier, and this is not helped by all the folks who say "this probably doesn't go here, but..." or "this isn't worth a new thread, so I'm bumping this old one instead..." 

There's a HUGE reticence towards starting new threads on here, and it's made me hypervigilant, and that makes the forum a chore for me to read, honestly. 

Topical stories should always be a lot easier for people to find, and not buried away at the end of some old, barely-relevant thread. 

No problem, I honestly didn't see the age of the thread - which I should have checked! noted for the future - get something to eat :-)

Barry Admin

Quote from: Kankurette on March 22, 2021, 02:20:23 PM
Sorry, I'm relatively new here and I didn't realise.

Absolutely no problem at all!  You said you weren't sure which subforum it should go in, so I just left it as is.  But you did start a new thread about a topical event, so that's awesome, keep it up X-D

Lfbarfe

Quote from: Antiseptic Poetry on March 22, 2021, 01:33:15 AM
"Needless to say I had the last laugh... and I'm still laughing"

Insecure, talentless cunts always go on about how much money they've made. If he did make £11m, that's entirely down to sitting on a bit of east London for 20-odd years as it gentrified and the property market went mad. Sure, he needed to have the money to buy the place to begin with, but the rest is sheer dumb luck and waiting. To be fair, people I know say the club was pretty good, and fair play to him keeping comics in work for so long, but that was all pretty much a sideline to the whole real estate side. 

Lfbarfe

MojoJojo

Quote from: Barry Admin on March 22, 2021, 02:13:44 PM

Sorry if there's some obvious problem with this I'm missing, but isn't there a setting to stop people posting to old threads? There's the warning, but why not just block posting, since I can' really see any reason for posting to a thread >1 year old.

Quote from: MojoJojo on March 22, 2021, 04:36:11 PM
Sorry if there's some obvious problem with this I'm missing, but isn't there a setting to stop people posting to old threads? There's the warning, but why not just block posting, since I can' really see any reason for posting to a thread >1 year old.

If it's all about the same thing I quite like reading through one long thread over the years. For example the Breath Of The Wild thread, I bought the game this last year (years after it came out) and really enjoyed reading through as people talked about their experiences as they happened, and then people finding the game or coming back to it months and years later and talking about it.

I think it would be a bit fiddly if it was split into 20 Breath Of The Wild threads and I think the reason people are reluctant to start new topics is because often what you're saying is part of a broader conversation and doesn't warrant something brand new. I posted in there a couple of times just saying how much I was loving a particular thing for example and if I made a new thread for that one thing it would be very narrow in scope and die a death, whereas if it's part of a broader on-going thread someone can reply about that and bring in other aspects, just like how conversations meander in real life rather than stay in specifically segmented chunks.

Lee Hurst is a twat.

idunnosomename

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 19, 2021, 10:43:18 PM
Thunberg is a great person doing good work but making a bronze statue of her at Winchester University is dumb as hell

https://www.hampshirechronicle.co.uk/news/19166479.greta-thunberg-statue-winchester-university-criticised/

lee hurst is a perpetually unfunny cunt of course

Winchester University Students' Union has come out to say this is as dumb as hell btw

https://twitter.com/WinchesterUCU/status/1374783218218598401

Mr Trumpet

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 24, 2021, 10:19:40 PM
Winchester University Students' Union has come out to say this is as dumb as hell btw

It is a bit weird. As they say she has no connection to the city, and tbh I don't think she'd see it as a constructive use of resources either.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 24, 2021, 10:19:40 PM

That's the teaching union not the SU, although that statement does make reference to a statement by the SU.

kngen

Quote from: Lfbarfe on March 22, 2021, 03:33:54 PM
Insecure, talentless cunts always go on about how much money they've made. If he did make £11m, that's entirely down to sitting on a bit of east London for 20-odd years as it gentrified and the property market went mad. Sure, he needed to have the money to buy the place to begin with, but the rest is sheer dumb luck and waiting. To be fair, people I know say the club was pretty good, and fair play to him keeping comics in work for so long, but that was all pretty much a sideline to the whole real estate side.

It may have sold for 11 million, but if he got to pocket that, my bum's a diamond. I used to live round the corner from there back in the early 2010s. It was dying a horrible death until a management team was brought in (not by him; either by his partners or the bank was what I heard) and they revamped the place and put on salsa nights, 70s discos, all the shite of the day to keep the lights on. I've no doubt a ton of equity changed hands for this last roll of the dice to take place.

I'm sure he took a tidy sum of money when it was sold, but 11 million? No chance. Just another load of bollocks posted on Twitter by a disingenuous lying little cunt.

vainsharpdad

Looks like Hurst has underestimated her.
She's already well aware of how to 'use' cock effectively :)

Kankurette

I don't think Greta would want a statue of her tbh, she'd probably prefer a donation to some environmental cause or summat.

Captain Z

If Greta pulled down her own statue, would she be arrested?

Quote from: vainsharpdad on March 26, 2021, 12:08:04 PM
Looks like Hurst has underestimated her.
She's already well aware of how to 'use' cock effectively :)

It's too late for Lee in that regard.  But we have to think of ourselves.

millwall32

Quote from: Kankurette on March 19, 2021, 09:07:52 PM
"I'm not a conservative." No, Lee. You really are.
Conservatives (small c) *conserve* things. He's not a conservative.

JamesTC

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: millwall32 on March 28, 2021, 02:15:07 PM
Conservatives (small c) *conserve* things. He's not a conservative.
You're thinking of "conservationists"