Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:57:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lee Hurst having a normal one, again

Started by Kankurette, March 19, 2021, 08:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

I'd forgotten Lee Hurst existed until I saw this thread.

Cold Meat Platter

But he's been part of so much of the best TV of the past 30 years apart from a dogshit sports quiz. Programmes such as... checks Wikipedia...

"Other television credits
This list is incomplete; you can help by adding missing items with reliable sources.

This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. Please help by adding reliable sources. Contentious material about living people that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately.

Hurst's other TV credits include presenting Shark Tank, Salvage Squad and The Warehouse, and guest appearances on That's Showbusiness, The Stand Up Show and Have I Got News for You. He has also appeared as a regular panellist on Don't Give Up Your Day Job. He also fronted ITV's short-lived revival of the entertainment show Saturday Live.

Have I Got News for You: two appearances in 1994 and 1995
1996 Saturday Live: 6 episodes
2002 Salvage Squad: series 1
The Wright Stuff: three runs, in March 2012, November 2014 and February 2015"

A national treasure.

Spiteface

Quote from: Kankurette on March 19, 2021, 08:53:36 PM
I love how an autistic teenage girl lives rent free in the heads of middle-aged right-wing men.

It's funny, yet disturbing in equal measure to me, honestly.

Pijlstaart

Watching Lee Hurst and the other Question of Sport boys hit puberty and overpower women on the Question of Sport set has been the privilege of my life. We may never know the real Lee, sometimes he comes as a rat, sometimes a twisted wraith made in mockery of the human form, sometimes a disembodied face leering through a bedroom window, but though he is feaful to behold he is always right, in time his apparition will guide a full CaB meet on a ghost-of-christmas-future cautionary tale for failing to ascribe gender to a potato.

Icehaven

I've just clocked that Lees Hurst and Mack aren't the same person. Apologies to the Mack one.

pancreas

Tried to write a desolation post on the back of this and had to delete it mid flight.

chveik

all the thickos who have liked the tweet should be put on a register

easytarget

middle-aged right-wing men.
Spare us from a world inhabited by 120 year old Lee Hursts

Ian Drunken Smurf

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 19, 2021, 10:43:18 PM
Thunberg is a great person doing good work but making a bronze statue of her at Winchester University is dumb as hell

https://www.hampshirechronicle.co.uk/news/19166479.greta-thunberg-statue-winchester-university-criticised/

lee hurst is a perpetually unfunny cunt of course

The highlight of that Hampshire Chronicle article is the fact that someone called Gary uses the word legendary.

jobotic

For some reason, and until I marked it"why the fuck am I seeing this", I used to get adverts from Hurst desperately promoting his comedy nightin a pub in......Sittingbourne. Then you'd get a notice to say it had been cancelled.

Buelligan

Quote from: flotemysost on March 20, 2021, 12:05:11 AM
He really hasn't thought this through, has he.

He's just a poor mad lost old cunt who thinks waving a penis at stuff will help and make people happy.  We've all seen these people out and about.

Kankurette

Quote from: chveik on March 20, 2021, 03:14:10 AM
all the thickos who have liked the tweet should be put on a register
Or the ones who think it's funny.

Fambo Number Mive

Statues are so old-fashioned. It would be nice if people stopped making statues of people they liked and found other ways to honour them e.g. a donation to groups fighting climate changed. I wonder how green Winchester University is - a statue of Greta rather than looking at ways the university can be more green feels a bit pointless.

kryton2.0

I like how angry he got at one person when they suggested he was conservative ('I don't get involved in politics like you mindless sheep'), but completely resigns himself to being called a NONCE by thousands of people.

Fuck him, the unfunny twat.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 20, 2021, 11:04:36 AM
Statues are so old-fashioned. It would be nice if people stopped making statues of people they liked and found other ways to honour them e.g. a donation to groups fighting climate changed. I wonder how green Winchester University is - a statue of Greta rather than looking at ways the university can be more green feels a bit pointless.

hasn't she at least suggested before that she doesn't wish to be idolised in such a way?

imitationleather

Having statues made of people who aren't even dead is so gauche.

Quote from: king_tubby on March 19, 2021, 09:03:34 PM
Also johnnies are made of rubber, hence the name 'rubber johnny', and not 'plastic johnny'. He hasn't even done the most basic research!

Yeah, this is first thing that popped into my head - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cymp70Jn1UE

Very confusing, I didn't know what he was getting at.
Had visions of her cleaning a beach, finding a disembodied corpse cock washed up, wrapped in plastic, slipping it into her backpack and making her excuses.

What was the strange old bald man trying to say? That she's a necrophile?
Did she go out with an older man at some point? Is that the joke?

It was a rollercoaster ride. Strange and harrowing, but never threatening to stray near funny.

Are we sure he's not some sort of oracle and these statements have to be interpreted in some way? Are we just assuming that they're meant to be jokes?

kryton2.0

QuoteVery few people know this, but I am bi-lingual.
This means I like talking to men and women.

Mate.

El Unicornio, mang

Shit unfunny joke, although it sounds like something Jimmy Carr's built his stand-up career around.

JesusAndYourBush

As soon as Greta discovers cock...

Not even an original joke.  I saw/heard it somewhere else about a month ago, either on the net or on tv, I can't remember where.

kryton2.0

He seems to be openly boasting about ignoring lockdown rules too. And despite saying he takes no part in politics, his posts are awfully political at times. In between his anti-mask bullshit and shit jokes and bullying children about their lack of sexual interest.

Be a real fucking shame if someone was to report his 'ignoring lockdown rules' to the police.

I remember the last time he entered my consciousness, something to do with him not wearing a mask and him being exempt for some reason.
Natural law of selection, maybe.
I remember giving him the benefit of the doubt at the time, but you never know, he might have been using it as an excuse to make a scene in a corner shop or whatever.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: jobotic on March 20, 2021, 09:37:15 AM
For some reason, and until I marked it"why the fuck am I seeing this", I used to get adverts from Hurst desperately promoting his comedy nightin a pub in......Sittingbourne. Then you'd get a notice to say it had been cancelled.

In his best tortured joke yet, he failed to sell any seats in Sittingbourne.

Dex Sawash

Pink Gregory

Rather than like, listen to her concerns, let's build a statue, yeah that'll help.

Jockice

It is a pretty crap joke but I think the reaction on here would be different if if had been made by someone popular with this forum or even by one of the posters themselves.

idunnosomename

Lee has doubled his amount of followers in the past six months. He still only has 10k which is a bit rubbish for a stand-up but still, the sort of shit that wouldve been universally embarrassing five years ago now is now actively encouraged and normalised by so-called "high-brow" outlets like the telegraph and the spectator.

JamesTC

Mr Banlon

Quote from: imitationleather on March 20, 2021, 11:18:30 AM
Having statues made of people who aren't even dead is so gauche.
A painting would be gouache also.

Buelligan

Quote from: Jockice on March 20, 2021, 01:17:45 PM
It is a pretty crap joke but I think the reaction on here would be different if if had been made by someone popular with this forum or even by one of the posters themselves.

I suggest they try it, see what happens to their account.