Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:46:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

This TfL cunt sat opposite me on the tube today

Started by The Mollusk, March 20, 2021, 11:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

Just wondering if any Twitter users could give this tweet a bit of traction for me?

[Pics removed, not sure about all this, especially given I've just had complaints about people's selfies appearing in the Phwoar thread... sorry - BAdmin]

Transport for London staff on the tube sat directly opposite me, chucking snacks in his big cunt mouth and loudly chatting to a person who was sat next to me. He had a snood round his neck as a makeshift mask which, during his conversation, he pulled up quickly and then dropped again whilst laughing as if to indicate to his friend his total lack of concern for wearing a mask. Wish I got that bit on video.

The irony, which was almost as delicious as his bag of Tesco pineapple bites, is that he was sat right next to one of the TfL "ON MEANS ON" mask-wearing rule signage.

These people are supposed to be enforcing and encouraging public safety to all passengers and here's one of them just hulking about on a train honking his fucking virus horn of a gob all over the shop. I'm so massively wound up about this. Sick to death of the general public just wearing a mask on their chin or not covering their nose and pricks like this completely normalise that behaviour.

If anyone could jump on and give it a like or even a comment it would be very much appreciated.

Fuck this entire planet.

BlodwynPig

Mango Chimes

Take those fucking pictures down, you Stasi twat. TfL staff are exempt. If you don't like the rules, take it up with TfL, but don't try to publicly shame an individual employee who's obeying the rules. Post a picture of yourself as someone who creepily takes pictures of strangers without their consent in order to target them on social media.

Don't let the government make you blame the general public for this.

flotemysost

Watching the video without sound, it looks like he keeps leaning forward to release a series of noxious, pineappley guffs.

I'm not on Twitter but good on you for sharing that - I've been trying to practice leniency in my own feelings towards transport and supermarket staff who go round with their masks round their necks (as in my case, I'm fully aware of how incredibly privileged I am to be able to work from home, and not have to wear a mask all day while communicating with people face to face in order to earn a living, and I know it can't be easy) - but aside from anything else, these people are putting other key workers who do have to get transport at risk, as well as setting a terrible example, as you say.

Several of my colleagues have been working remotely from outside the UK for the past few months (in their home countries) and they're invariably flabbergasted when I tell them just how slack things are in shops and on transport here. A mate and colleague of mine, who's in her native Sicily at the moment, said that police can and will stop you in the street if you're not wearing a mask over there, and people dawdling round shops or indoor spaces with their rank fucking noses and gobs hanging out just isn't a thing.

As for eating/drinking on public transport, I get that lots of people probably do have long commutes and unsociable shifts that mean they don't get much of a window to eat before leaving home, say - but if you're just grazing snacks or idly sipping a coffee it doesn't seem worth it. Aside from anything else, from a selfish perspective I wouldn't want to eat using my hands after touching railings/buttons etc. in a public space at the moment (or as per this bloke, picking bits of food out of his teeth - noice).

The Mollusk

Quote from: Mango Chimes on March 20, 2021, 01:07:56 PM
If you don't like the rules, take it up with TfL, but don't try to publicly shame an individual employee who's obeying the rules.

I do like the rules, Mango. That's why I adhere to them as strictly as possible in all public spaces. How is having a mask on your person but opting not to wear it in a very enclosed public space "obeying the rules", can you tell me?

Quote from: TfL websiteOur staff will wear a face covering if they are working in a public area, unless they are exempt for medical reasons. You may notice our staff working in non-customer facing roles without a face covering. This could include staff carrying out maintenance or driving a train or bus.

The bloke wasn't exempt for medical reasons, since he was wearing a snood intended to be pulled up and used as a makeshift mask - which he did before quickly taking it off again and laughing - as I explained above.

London transport is plastered with audio/visual reminders of the rules for social distancing and mask wearing and even if their staff aren't going out of their way to try and confront others for their behaviour (which in all honesty they should be doing more), they should be setting an example to everyone else by themselves adhering to the rules. Every other member of staff I've seen on the underground, even including train drivers (whom I regularly see coming out of trains, as I live at the end of the line) are always wearing masks.

Also couldn't give a shite about taking photos of people without their consent when they are a blatant massive public safety risk and deserve to be properly apprehended for it. It is a criminal offence, you can and should be fined for it. He deserves it.

The Mollusk

Quote from: flotemysost on March 20, 2021, 01:09:55 PM
Watching the video without sound, it looks like he keeps leaning forward to release a series of noxious, pineappley guffs.

I'm not on Twitter but good on you for sharing that - I've been trying to practice leniency in my own feelings towards transport and supermarket staff who go round with their masks round their necks (as in my case, I'm fully aware of how incredibly privileged I am to be able to work from home, and not have to wear a mask all day while communicating with people face to face in order to earn a living, and I know it can't be easy) - but aside from anything else, these people are putting other key workers who do have to get transport at risk, as well as setting a terrible example, as you say.

Several of my colleagues have been working remotely from outside the UK for the past few months (in their home countries) and they're invariably flabbergasted when I tell them just how slack things are in shops and on transport here. A mate and colleague of mine, who's in her native Sicily at the moment, said that police can and will stop you in the street if you're not wearing a mask over there, and people dawdling round shops or indoor spaces with their rank fucking noses and gobs hanging out just isn't a thing.

As for eating/drinking on public transport, I get that lots of people probably do have long commutes and unsociable shifts that mean they don't get much of a window to eat before leaving home, say - but if you're just grazing snacks or idly sipping a coffee it doesn't seem worth it. Aside from anything else, from a selfish perspective I wouldn't want to eat using my hands after touching railings/buttons etc. in a public space at the moment (or as per this bloke, picking bits of food out of his teeth - noice).

It really is atrocious. I see people on the tube every single day (and I'd honestly be willing to say it's higher than 1 in 10) with masks just covering their chin, or hanging off one ear, or not at all. The number of people wearing masks not covering their noses is closer to 1 in 5, and I frequently see people drop their masks so they can eat a sandwich or drink a coffee. The Victoria line trains are every 2 minutes roughly, it's not cold outside any more, stand on the fucking pavement and eat your stale wedge of shite so you don't come and guffaw your virulent crumbs into my atmosphere.

I'm the same as you, I refuse to touch any surface with my hands on public transport and even then I'm conscious to use sanitiser when I enter and exit the station. Again, very very few people taking those measures.

I fucking hate the police but this is genuinely something that needs to be really strictly enforced. The death/infection rate figures speak for themselves.

Fambo Number Mive

It partly is the fault of a section of the general public though. The government are mainly to blame but so are members of the public who flout the COVID rules. It does feel like people in England (can't speak for the rest of the UK) are more selfish and care less about the health of others than in many other countries, certainly in the rest of Europe and Australia and New Zealand. It doesn't let the government off the hook though, they are 90% to blame for where we are but people who won't keep other people safe are 5% to blame (the COVID deniers in the media are the other 5%)

I don't envy you having to use the completely underground Victoria Line, The Mollusk. I haven't been to London at all this year but sometimes look at the Tfl website and there seem to be quite a lot of train cancellations resulting in service disruption - I note the Bakerloo Line is part suspended today due to train cancellations. Is this due to COVID-related staff sickness?

Are Tfl providing enough time for staff to take proper meal/snack breaks or are they having to eat while moving from one station to another?

Mango Chimes

Quote from: The Mollusk on March 20, 2021, 01:33:33 PMAlso couldn't give a shite about taking photos of people without their consent when they are a blatant massive public safety risk and deserve to be properly apprehended for it. It is a criminal offence, you can and should be fined for it. He deserves it.

You should have called the Transport Police, if you believe that. Why are you asking for retweets?

Quote from: TfLFace coverings exemptions
    The requirement to wear a face covering on TfL's public transport stations, platforms and services does not apply to:
    • Children under the age of 11
    • Employees of, or persons providing agreed services to, TfL
    • Police constables (including British Transport Police officers) acting in the course of their duty
    • Members or employees of the emergency services responding to an emergency

This sort of rabble rousing is a massive public safety risk too.

bgmnts

I mean it clearly is partially the fault of a lazy, spiteful, self serving public who care for absolutely nothing or nobody but themselves. 

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: bgmnts on March 20, 2021, 02:16:41 PM
    I mean it clearly is partially the fault of a lazy, spiteful, self serving public who care for absolutely nothing or nobody but themselves.

They aren't a fixed mass of people though, along with being all those things they are also led by group behaviour. Would all of the general public have banged pots and pans had it not been for a PR campaign strong arming people into doing so as part of their patriotism test?

The responsibility is for those with responsibility to convey a clear coherent message not only about good practise but the importance of it and risks of not doing so. They know that a large majority of people will take their lead, and also that if there is a sizeable minority of disobedience that group could take on an undue influence and ruin the effort to suppress infections.

I am torn as to what to feel about this. Individually the person should be more considerate in my opinion and wear a mask if they are going to use the tube, Likewise, Mango has made some valid points and I think public shaming is the wrong way to go about things, particularly as a first-off.

BlodwynPig

Take those fucking pictures down, you Stasi twat. TfL staff are exempt. If you don't like the rules, take it up with TfL, but don't try to publicly shame an individual employee who's obeying the rules. Post a picture of yourself as someone who creepily takes pictures of strangers without their consent in order to target them on social media.

Exempt from manslaughter?

bgmnts

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 20, 2021, 02:26:36 PM
    They aren't a fixed mass of people though, along with being all those things they are also led by group behaviour. Would all of the general public have banged pots and pans had it not been for a PR campaign strong arming people into doing so as part of their patriotism test?

Of course not no but then most of thaoe cunts voted those cunts in. Its just a pure cycle of self serving cunts really.

Blinder Data

I'm afraid the public shaming aspect of this troubles me. And while he is not following the guidelines to the letter, is what he's doing so egregious? If he was all up in yo grill I could forgive the pile-on. I can understand you complaining about his behaviour Mollusk but I don't agree with the way you've done it.

flotemysost

Quote from: bgmnts on March 20, 2021, 03:42:52 PM
    Of course not no but then most of thaoe cunts voted those cunts in. Its just a pure cycle of self serving cunts really.

I don't think that's fair necessarily - plenty of people who have to use public transport (or supermarkets etc.), and who take care to do so as safely as possible, didn't vote for these cunts and in fact hate the fact that these cunts are in power.

And it only takes one irresponsible selfish dickhead (regardless of who they voted for) to potentially infect a carriage/supermarket aisle of sensible, considerate fellow passengers/shoppers/whatever. I fully understand the bleak frustration and despondency you feel but I don't think an attitude of "oh well, fuck 'em all" helps when people's lives and safety are at stake and it's as simple as pulling a fucking mask up over our faces.

C_Larence

Did you ask/tell him to put a face covering on?

The Mollusk

Quote from: C_Larence on March 20, 2021, 05:43:15 PM
    Did you ask/tell him to put a face covering on?

I should clarify: I struggle with mental health issues and so this is quite a quandary for me. My initial reaction, as reflected in my posts, is that I wanted to bite the guy's throat out and spit the chummy fleshy shards of it back in his face and ask him how it felt to feel so genuinely shit that they couldn't control it and think very quickly about the decisions they failed to make. Honestly now still thinking about it I see nowt wrong with that reasoning.

I struggle so much with the impulsivity of my emotions and often this reflects either dreadfully or embarrassingly on myself but despite the "public shaming" aspect of what I did here I still don't think I did too much wrong. Yeah everyone deserves a break and yeah the world should NOT be a circus but this guy was effectively a clown wearing the fucking bib and bell hat.

I'm really sorry that I can't summon the strength to confront people in public but I honestly get so worked up in these situations I feel like I'm going to choke to death on my own words and burst into tears. My anxiety is too much to control. I handled this badly.

The Mollusk

Also should state I'm pissed as fuck and this right now is the best time to catch me at my most emotionally vulnerable and apologetic. Shame I probably will sign off after this and wallow in miserable replies tomorrow! LOL!!!

Fambo Number Mive

I would feel uncomfortable at the very least confronting someone about not wearing a face mask, as well as being worried about them possibly being exempt I'd be concerned it would just lead to an argument with a maskless person spraying COVID particles everywhere. It's very difficult.

gib

Quote from: The Mollusk on March 20, 2021, 10:28:01 PM
    Also should state I'm pissed as fuck and this right now is the best time to catch me at my most emotionally vulnerable and apologetic. Shame I probably will sign off after this and wallow in miserable replies tomorrow! LOL!!!

the bloke looks like a cunt to me mate, hth

Ranmoor

The introverts are doing the dividing and the conquering for the establishment by the looks of things.

Solidarity!

gib

lol but do you have to mix with the public every working day or are you just taunting us from your ivory tower, ah

The Mollusk

At the end of the day: fuck everyone. If you look like you're on fire I'll stamp your face to absolute ashes, no matter the circumstances. Humans are vermin.

I don't mean that. I'm rat arsed.

I do mean that.

Sorry.

chveik

employees should wear a mask, what would be the point otherwise?

Bronzy

PaulTMA

The Mollusk

Feel fucking wretched about this whole thing now

BlodwynPig

Quote from: The Mollusk on March 21, 2021, 08:34:04 AM
    Feel fucking wretched about this whole thing now

I see no issue.

Wear a fucking mask everyone, not a biggy - unless you are prone to inhaling them.

Tony Tony Tony

You really should have gone full English about it by tutting loudly every time he transgresses, breaking it up every now and then with a heavy sigh.

Also as you get off the train call him a fat cunt just before the doors shut as you leap off.

That'll teach him.

canadagoose

Why exactly are TfL staff exempt from wearing masks? Seems daft to me. What if one of them catches it and spreads it to all their passengers?

Anyway, if he was eating with his mouth open I automatically hate him and would have moved away. Can't be doing with that.