Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:56:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is there anything that automatically refuses data and cookie consent?

Started by holyzombiejesus, March 20, 2021, 11:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Is there anything I can download or even something that would mean it wouldn't matter me just pressing accept?

Is it really that bad to just accept?

I'm getting really bored of it now, especially as they now seem to have introduce a 'legitimate interest' bonus round.

steveh

There's a number of ad-blocker filter lists that will eliminate many of the popups - for example with uBlock Origin the lists in the Annoyances section of the filter lists tab.

Sebastian Cobb

I've not found anything that will effectively register your denial, but things like privacybadger should mitigate the actual tracking.

Use it in addition to ublock origin to block ads specifically, it's a good combination. And as Steveh says, it can hide the annoying modals as well and at that point you haven't yet consented.

Zetetic

touchingcloth

You can set your browser to not accept any cookies at all, but that might bork some websites so better to find the setting in your browser to just block third party ones.

I use a combination of plugins (Adblock and Privacy Badger as mentioned, but also Ghostery which is similar to Privacy Badger, and a couple of plugins designed to block tracking pixels (most emails you get from businesses will include these so that they can monitor whether you opened the email, and that has nothing to do with cookies settings and can't easily be opted out of).

I also clear my cookies from the browser settings periodically, but even that's not foolproof. Some sites will profile you based in your browser, OS, screen size and other fingerprints so even without cookies they might no who you are.