Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:25:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Flag-shaggery in England

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 20, 2021, 09:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

With the increasing hugging of the Union Jack by cabinet ministers including the two flags in the new briefing room that cost millions of pounds, how long before England goes full on USA flag-shaggery with people wearing little Union Jack flag badges in their lapels?

I've never been to the USA but from what I understand it's very common for people to fly the American flag outside of their house (not sure if they hoist it every morning or just keep it up all day). I know a few people do this in England but I would say it's a very small minority who do this and the England flag is almost as common as the Union Jack.

I mean, would we have seen this five years ago? https://twitter.com/talkRADIO/status/1372844041113542657

Where I live only a handful of people fly a Union Jack, there are a couple of Irish tricolours as well.

Are the Protestant areas of Northern Ireland more flag-shaggery when it comes to the Union Jack than England? Northern Ireland is another country I've never been to but I understand the kerbstones are pained red, white and blue in some areas? I remember watching a documentary about Northern Ireland where one Protestant said "we're more English than the English". As I say though I've never been to Northern Ireland and know very little about it. I imagine Union Jacks are very rarely seen in Wales or Scotland.

With the #FBPE sub-section of Remainers wrapping themselves in the EU flag, perhaps we will see more and more flags in England. Can imagine Keith tattooing the Union Jack on his forehead and Johnson responding by tattooing the Union Jack on his arse and flashing his buttocks at Keith across the Dispatch box.

Bloke across the road from my parent's has a full flagpole with a Union Jack flying from it, also had one of those awful 'we will remember them' WWI murals painted down the side of his work van (until it conked out two months later, lol). 'The remembrance mobile', as my Mum called it.

Dopey cunt.

EDIT: I meant to add something clever about how, as the present remains eternally awful and the future promises nothing but terminal decline Britain has gone mad and retreated ever further into an imagined myth of it's past.

Butchers Blind

Someone down the road from me has a Union Jack and an EU flag hanging from their balcony.  Still keeping options open.

kryton2.0

Which flags should English people be flying then? (If any)?

bgmnts

Union Flag just makes me feel like actually sick looking at it, but then so does the England flag, so England are fucked.

chveik

Quote from: kryton2.0 on March 20, 2021, 10:20:30 PM

any flags, as long as they're covered in cat shit

kryton2.0

Quote from: bgmnts on March 20, 2021, 10:25:49 PM
Union Flag just makes me feel like actually sick looking at it, but then so does the England flag, so England are fucked.

I fucking DESPISE the Kyrgyzstan flag. Stupid fucking yellow fucking bullshit sun surrounded by a horrible red. It makes me not only sick, but shit in my pants. But mostly sick. And I'm not being dramatic either. Just looking at it makes me sick.

BlodwynPig

Seychelles, Mauritius or CAR flags for inclusivity

bgmnts

Quote from: kryton2.0 on March 20, 2021, 10:34:04 PM
I fucking DESPISE the Kyrgyzstan flag. Stupid fucking yellow fucking bullshit sun surrounded by a horrible red. It makes me not only sick, but shit in my pants. But mostly sick. And I'm not being dramatic either. Just looking at it makes me sick.

No but I actually get a bit queasy about what they represent.

kryton2.0

In fact, I'm going to make a list.

Haiti, utter shit. Looks like a cheap photoshop made by a boomer.
Maldives. Awful.  Contrasting red and green and the white just makes me sick.
Uganda flag, looks like a cartoon chicken. Just an absolute joke and it makes me sick.
Cental african republic. Like a shit game of tetris.
Mauritius just a load of colours piled upon each other like the death of rectangles.
Indonesia. Too much white space.
Saudi Arabia. Sickening gibberish.
Turkmenistan, looks like a cheap christmas wrapping paper but they don't celebrate christmas. Sickening and it makes me sick.
South Sudan, low effort bollocks. Enough to make a man sick.

And so on...

EDIT: I jest of course, but those are some genuinely shit flags.
FURTHER EDIT: Sorry.

Pinball

kryton2.0

Very homoerotic. A man with his tit out standing on his subdued opponent. I'm not sure what the grey thing is that the victor is holding, but I don't like the unspoken subtext. I think the crown may represent a soon to be tattered anus.

kryton2.0

Quote from: bgmnts on March 20, 2021, 10:39:38 PM
No but I actually get a bit queasy about what they represent.

Sorry, I'm having a manic episode. I'll calm down now.

Schmo Diddley

I cannot grasp why flags and nationality have any consequence in people's day to day lives. (I realise it's a very powerful tool in the culture wars).

When these people make a sandwich for lunch do they think 'thank fuck I'm English, imagine how shit this would taste if I were Belgian?'

Buelligan

Quote from: kryton2.0 on March 20, 2021, 10:20:30 PM

If they must fly something, a red one.  Or a black one.  Or a red and black one.

kryton2.0

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 20, 2021, 10:38:59 PM
Seychelles, Mauritius or CAR flags for inclusivity

Seychelles flag looks like a petrol advert.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Rule Britannia
Marmalade and jam
Five Chinese crackers up your arsehole
Bang bang bang bang bang

Pijlstaart

In England there are no flags anymore, health and safety, no flags, not even patterns, just a plain boilersuit coloured according to your rank in the pay-to-play deliveroo internship scheme. There's a power to that flag, I remember the crackle in the air when the anti-flag lamestream media became briefly too degenerate to pursue their degenerate globalist agenda and livestreamed Tommy Robinson's flumped beefburger cock imprinting through a union jack teatowel, it reminded us that England is a sleeping giant, and we shall awake to reclaim our prize. For me, America is the model for English patriotism, we all carried flags over there, we'd frot them together in greeting, "hwaar god mohhrnen' briar jemp" I'd say "hwaar youse plumper than a boxcart of alabammy scuplins on a wet joo-ly morhhrnen', hooo-eyy!" and they'd go cheep cheep cheep from the bed of their truck, asking me to regurgitate corn syrup into their mouths. That could be here.

Barry Admin

Quote from: FamboAre the Protestant areas of Northern Ireland more flag-shaggery when it comes to the Union Jack than England? Northern Ireland is another country I've never been to but I understand the kerbstones are pained red, white and blue in some areas?

Yep, well I dunno what England is like really, but I'd imagine so. Loyalist areas like the estate where I live have flags everywhere, which increase in number round July 11th and 12th. You see guys going round and hanging that kind of stuff everywhere. One of my neighbours has 4 or 5 mounted outside his flat.

dissolute ocelot

This looks an exciting story:

I think we should have an invisible flag. That way wherever you look, you could go "They're flying our flag". If you disagree you are a traitor and will be hanged from a thing.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Why isn't Wales represented on the butcher's apron? Surely the southwest quadrant could be plain white with a badass dragon on it.

Fambo, some years ago Unionist politicians, in order to distract their constituents' attention from the overall shit job they were doing of governing, started screaming loudly about which flags should be flown over government buildings. That's how bad it is up there. Still.

I tend to be a bit suspicious of anybody who has a tricolour up on their wall or flying outside their house, if it's not St. Patrick's Day or Ireland aren't playing in some sort of final. It can indicate enthusiasm for the 'RA. And I'm in the Republic.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on March 20, 2021, 11:39:12 PM
This looks an exciting story:

I think we should have an invisible flag. That way wherever you look, you could go "They're flying our flag". If you disagree you are a traitor and will be hanged from a thing.

KENT ICKY

Kankurette

Wales has the best flag. Everyone go home.

Someone in my area has been covering Celtic stickers with Rangers stickers. 'No surrender' and all that. I'm in Manchester, not Glasgow, but sectarian bullshit gets everywhere.

idunnosomename

funny how the England flag used to be the toxic one, most cause of football hooliganism. but the butcher's apron is the really evil one, because it symbolises English dominion over Wales, Scotland, Ireland, France, and all the pink bits

this is why I put "English" on the census anyway

Blumf

I quiet like the ol' Union Flag. But got stuck behind this recently, and it irritated me:

Leave it off mate! Fucking German init!

Same with recent Vauxhall ads that go into desperate flag waving; 'British brand since 1903'. Weeeellllll, it was bought up by General Motors in 1925, and now it's owned by the French (well Dutch now)

I want an BL Princess!!!

chveik

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 21, 2021, 12:44:23 AM
this is why I put "English" on the census anyway

how come you're allowed to have an internet access in jail?

Bronzy

People keep putting Tenerife flags out where I live, bloody Spaniards

idunnosomename

Quote from: chveik on March 21, 2021, 12:47:09 AM
how come you're allowed to have an internet access in jail?
i havent submitted it yet

JesusAndYourBush

Sometimes I admire Americans patriotism but their flag-shaggery is just bizarre.  Getting kids to recite the Pledge Of Allegiance for example looks too much like brainwashing to me.  I reckon I know most of the Pledge Of Allegiance just from seeing it in American movies, although I can't recite it without putting on a little whiny South Park type voice.

These days, if you don't say you're English on the census, they throw you in jail.