Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:19:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Danny off of Game Grumps is a nonce

Started by madhair60, March 21, 2021, 09:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Bit unsure on this but this:

QuoteFor over a year now there have been accusations about Dan Avidan sexting, sleeping, and ghosting

is the norm now, at least in my experience and everyone I have ever talked to about dating and shagging. I don't think that's lascivious behaviour nowadays.

brat-sampson

Quote from: bgmnts on March 21, 2021, 09:36:35 PM
I don't think that's lascivious behaviour nowadays.

Even if they're 20 years younger than you, admire you for your 'fame' and you've been grooming them since before they came of age? It doesn't make him a peeeeedo but it definitely makes him a pretty shitty person.

bgmnts

Yeah that part is shitty, I just dont think the process of shag and ghost is relevant much. It's the grooming that is rum.

Just dont interact with anyone more than twenty years younger than you and under five years over age of consent, is my rule.

madhair60

Consignia

Magnum Valentino

This isn't the Metal Gear Awesome guy is it?

madhair60

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on March 21, 2021, 10:31:34 PM
This isn't the Metal Gear Awesome guy is it?

nah, he just never spoke up about it

St_Eddie

Jon Tron the racist and Danny the creep.  We've almost got a hat-trick going on here.

Zetetic

Quote from: bgmnts on March 21, 2021, 09:46:08 PM
Yeah that part is shitty, I just dont think the process of shag and ghost is relevant much.
All things being equal, ghosting someone you've had a friendly relationship with for years, immediately after having sex with them and in the context of a very unequal power dynamic (for multiple reasons) seems a bit nasty and quite relevant to people deciding how to engage with the person in the future.

To me that seems a lot more relevant than he messaged the person when they were 17.

I've put a lot of effort into not including anything along the lines of "what the fuck is game grumps?" but really wanted to mention that I've done so.

Poobum

It also juxtaposes him as a nasty creep as opposed to his persona of a naïve innocent doofus that's just so lovable and nice. I feel quite gullible falling for it.

madhair60

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 21, 2021, 10:37:27 PM
Jon Tron the racist and Danny the creep.  We've almost got a hat-trick going on here.

Arin wondering if it's too late to get the white supremacist back.

BritishHobo

I've spent a decent chunk of time in the Rant Grumps subreddit, because I'm a fucking garbage person who is incapable of focusing my time on anything productive or creative or meaningful. I've always found it oddly fascinating in its sheer hatred - although I always think to myself that Gervais threads on here, full of posts by me, would probably look equally demented to any outsider who is neutral towards Gervais.

The nature of the subreddit seems to be working against itself here, as a lot of people online are pegging it as a place whose bias means they're not to be trusted. I would say that my impression of the subreddit has always been that they have no real issue with Dan, they still like him, but they fucking hate Arin. Their only issue with Dan has been that they think he's mentally checked out of the channel - and even then that's mainly to support their view that Arin has made everything so shit that Danny doesn't care anymore.

As I said about the YouTube theme park community, it really does seem there's nowhere women can go online to just enjoy their hobby freely.

BritishHobo

I wish honest to god that the first time my dad connected our home computer to the Internet with shitty dial-up, and excitedly showed my child self some fun little websites to teach me maths, and helped me make a little account on the Lego forums on which to say 'hi i am 7 and i like bionicles', I'd just said 'no. I will have no part in this.'

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: madhair60 on March 21, 2021, 09:57:26 PM
uh technically it's ephebophilia

Is it even that? From what I understand the girl making the accusations was 22 when they had sexual relations, him being a sleazy dirtbag who treats women like garbage aside.

Poobum

Will be interesting to see the response from Arin, seeing as they've positioned themselves as quite right on, socially aware the last couple of years. Reddit is a foreign land to me, so I've been quite oblivious to all the hate, and a lot of it seems quite stupid, but learning that Dan's former personal assistant wrote a play about him being a scumbag and has just come out saying he's a predator and dangerous is a real "fucking hell" moment.

MoreauVasz

Someone wrote a play about someone on YouTube being a twat? I *looooove* the lee-jit-ee-mate thee-a-ter.

BritishHobo

Been browsing r/rantgrumps today because I'm fucking scum-of-the-earth and my own worst enemy. Interesting to see there seems to be a rising consensus there that the accusations are flimsy and overexaggerated. It's hard to tell, with the nature of reddit, whether that's the general view of the userbase, or whether it's because lots and lots of outside users are now reading their posts and comments.

madhair60

Apparently this was a false alarm but to be honest I hope he gets sent down for it anyway because it would be funny

chveik

idunnosomename

Quote from: madhair60 on March 21, 2021, 09:31:59 PM
i groomed a kid, and i am a paedo

the killers consider rewrite

no idea what this thread is about

ProvanFan

It's fun not knowing which song you mean. Seems to fit into all of them.

Quote from: ProvanFan on March 24, 2021, 01:56:16 AM
It's fun not knowing which song you mean. Seems to fit into all of them.

Damning.