Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:41:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stupid conspiraloon twats in Manchester

Started by Kankurette, March 22, 2021, 02:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Get a mask on you daft fucking loons or stay in your basement with your figurines.

Drygate

Quote from: Zetetic on March 22, 2021, 07:43:23 PM
4. Attempts to generalise negative impact from extended periods of mask wearing (rather than brief forays into shopping centres)

What about the people who work in shops and wear them 7 hours a day or kids in school wearing them?

I'm not pro or anti mask. I wear one according to the rules but I'd be interested to know if they actually do anything, whether positive or negative.

Zetetic

A large part of the point of the rest of us wearing masks is to make it less necessary for others to do so (and you see face shields etc. deployed in work settings).

Regarding schools, I believe the general position is try to put other measures in place to reduce the need for constant use of face coverings (and there's a bunch of reasons to try to limit that need, tied up with the nature of children).

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Drygate on March 22, 2021, 08:07:23 PM
What about the people who work in shops and wear them 7 hours a day or kids in school wearing them?

I'm not pro or anti mask. I wear one according to the rules but I'd be interested to know if they actually do anything, whether positive or negative.

Doesn't stop the anti-maskers donning the white hoods for a full evening of high jinx

MojoJojo

Quote from: Wanking Monk of Kefalonia on March 22, 2021, 07:09:52 PM
Masks have been demonstrated to be useless and were mandated by a psychopathic government to spread fear. Anyone wearing one might as well be teabagging Chris Whitty.

I think it's worth remembering at this point the government were reluctant to issue any kind of mask mandate. Masks on public transport were mandated in June and in shops in July.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Stupid conspiraloon twats
Stupid conspiraloon twats
Posting out leaflets, distorting the facts
Stupid reckless conspiraloon twats
Stupid crazy conspiraloon twats

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Wanking Monk of Kefalonia on March 22, 2021, 05:15:19 PM
'Actual psychopaths like Boris Johnson, Matt Hancock and Chris Whitty should take people's freedoms away forever because I'm scared of a virus which doesn't pose a significant risk to most healthy people.' Fuck right off.

Our freedoms haven't been taken away forever. Our lockdown was much less strict that many other countries. We were allowed to travel abroad and stay in hotels during the summer with a pandemic raging. Over 100,000 people died even with the lockdowns, masks and other measures you disagree with. Imagine how many would have died if we hadn't done anything. Of course, we could have saved more people if we hadn't delayed locking down three times, and if we'd.brought masks in earlier and reformed sick pay so people could afford to isolate,.but that's  the Tories for you.

Fambo Number Mive

Also, how do you define healthy and why are the lives of the unhealthy less important? Plenty of otherwise healthy people have died of COVID or ended up in ICU as well
Then there is Long Covid.

Chedney Honks

If someone can just formulate the perfect sentence, the guy will completely change his mind. Who's up next?

petercussing

Me, me.

Covid caressed the cellar door. Job done

Kankurette

I've read some stupid things on here but the idea the Tories are trying to control people by enforcing mask use takes the cake. They don't need COVID to whip up fear and prejudice.

I'm not even going to touch the idea that disabled/chronically ill people don't matter (because let's face it, that's what COVID deniers think). I'm just glad my disability isn't one of the ones that makes me more have to shield.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The exquisite idiocy is breathtaking, to be granted the gift of life and a human brain and turn your consciousness into slurry, like this.

Lockdowns are bad! They cause misery and death! unlike the death unleashed by allowing a highly infectious virus to spread unguarded around the world which is apparently ok cos old people and people i don't know personally and who cares, some other fuckers problem

Mask wearing is bad! They want to scare us so they can control us .... Err.... so that there is less transmission so lockdown can end sooner, yeah... not thought that through

Vaccines are bad! They want to inject chemicals in me that make me a passive slave but they missed easier opportunities to do that by not including that poison in the dozens I was given at birth and as a child that apparently haven't inhibited my ability to protest

Basically these libertarian freaks want to do whatever the hell they want even if the death toll quadruples as a result and the health service collapses, so for them to have the nerve to claim someone else is an empathy void is astounding. They aren't being an empathy void, they are repulsed at you, your lack of morals and your selfishness. They think you're a tendentious shit stirring nonentity and deserve to be called it until you fuck off.

If we had taken their route the body count would be off the chart by now.

Drygate

I think they're argument is that lockdowns don't work so the death toll wouldn't be any higher without them.

Kankurette

Then what is the alternative to lockdowns? Just carry on as normal and hope the virus gets bored and goes away?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

A decade or so ago, a conspiracy type I know was angrily yelling at everyone about some deadly manmade virus that "They" were going to unleash upon the world.

Of course, they think the current pandemic is a hoax.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 24, 2021, 12:58:45 AM
A decade or so ago, a conspiracy type I know was angrily yelling at everyone about some deadly manmade virus that "They" were going to unleash upon the world.

Text-book attention seeker who has to hold contrary opinions in order to try and stand out.

bgmnts

Drygate

Quote from: Kankurette on March 23, 2021, 10:29:07 PM
Then what is the alternative to lockdowns? Just carry on as normal and hope the virus gets bored and goes away?

I'm not sure they've though it that far ahead.

Probably just some light touch measures like stay at home if you're sick and don't cough in people's faces. What the WHO recommended for pandemics before covid.

Some sort of Sweden/Florida uptopia.

Kankurette

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 24, 2021, 12:58:45 AM

I really don't get the logic. Friends have had it. Michael Rosen nearly died from it. You cannot fake something on this scale.

buttgammon

What would these people say if you pointed out that millions of people have actually had the disease, many of whom have died or ended up with extremely serious, enduring consequences? Is it some psychogenic thing or are they all paid actors or are they holograms that don't exist? The stupidity is unbelievable.

When I go to work this afternoon, I will peel off another set of posters and stickers saying George Soros invented this virus to install the new world order, that face masks cause brain damage, that 5G is the real problem and that it's all a globalist conspiracy to make Irish people a minority in their own country. It's depraved.

Kankurette

It always, always, ALWAYS comes back to Jews. And yes, we have been blamed for the spread of COVID or for engineering it, along with Muslims and the Chinese.

buttgammon

Quote from: Kankurette on March 24, 2021, 10:44:26 AM
It always, always, ALWAYS comes back to Jews. And yes, we have been blamed for the spread of COVID or for engineering it, along with Muslims and the Chinese.

I've seen and heard all three of these (another one here is that Travellers drive the vast majority of cases and 'we' shouldn't be prevented from going to the pub because of it; this can even veer close to eugenics territory), but the most common ones inevitably come back to Soros/'globalism'/the new world order and all the other dogwhistles. The language and the specifics change from time to time, but the basic racist conspiracy underneath remains the same. It's like clockwork in the most depressing way imaginable.

All Surrogate

Anti-jewish sentiment is pretty much the oldest conspiracy theory, isn't it? A revolting primogenitor to most of, if not all, the crackpot bullshit. It makes me think of the All Gas No Brakes report on flat-earthers, where it of course makes its appearance.

"How do you stand on Hitler?"

Heavily enough to be fatal, with any luck.

MojoJojo

Robert Evans has a bonus "Behind the Bastards" podcast where they dip into the book "The greatest lie on Earth". Surprisingly, after the first 200 pages it just turns into horrible antisemitic conspiracy theories. Including an Egregore.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Drygate on March 23, 2021, 09:36:17 PM
I think they're argument is that lockdowns don't work so the death toll wouldn't be any higher without them.

It should already be a given at this point that they do work to reduce death because they drastically reduce transmission and that there are multiple examples of countries employing this tactic successfully that it should be on the person making the claim to deal with that here and now or stop wasting everyone's time. But I can already feel the energy draining out of me as I prepare to respond. Why do we need to prove over and over again the earth isn't flat?

Kankurette

They have a website: https://thewhiterose.uk/

Their stickers were everywhere on a local bus stop. I'll be honest. They creep me out. What is their agenda? Who's behind them? And like fuck they care about mental health. As if the far right - because I bet they're involved - EVER gave a shit about people like me with MH issues before lockdown.

I also admit that they touch a nerve because I hate being told I'm evil or a coward or a Tory for wearing a bit of cloth. I've seriously considered trying to catch it just to prove it's real, but then they'd say I'm being paid by the government or something.

Fambo Number Mive

They claim they don't do stickers "but another White Rose group does". Do they think they will be arrested?

Imagine being the host for a website like that.

Kankurette

buttgammon

Quote from: Kankurette on March 29, 2021, 01:04:57 PM
They have a website: https://thewhiterose.uk/

Their stickers were everywhere on a local bus stop. I'll be honest. They creep me out. What is their agenda? Who's behind them? And like fuck they care about mental health. As if the far right - because I bet they're involved - EVER gave a shit about people like me with MH issues before lockdown.

I also admit that they touch a nerve because I hate being told I'm evil or a coward or a Tory for wearing a bit of cloth. I've seriously considered trying to catch it just to prove it's real, but then they'd say I'm being paid by the government or something.

I'm seeing (and removing) these all over the place here (Dublin) - naturally it's the same people, but they have a website that doesn't have uk in it in order to appeal to Irish sensibilities. I'd never heard of them before but I assumed they were a home-grown far-right group.