Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:27:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stupid conspiraloon twats in Manchester

Started by Kankurette, March 22, 2021, 02:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

Apparently there were some at Reading station.

Kankurette

I wondered if it was far right bcause I've also seen Manchester Collective stickers in my area. The guy behind that is James Goddard, a pretty nasty piece of work. Saying 'never trust a lefty with your kids' and 'diversity = division' and that sort of thing.

buttgammon

A bit of cursory googling hasn't informed me much about who they actually are; in a way, naming themselves after a movement that resisted the Nazis is a classic far-right move because it allows them to make false comparisons and can be used to deflect accusations against themselves.

The stickers are appearing with some regularity here because when I take them down, they're replaced within a few days. Anecdotally, the stickers have appeared alongside lots of racist and anti-immigration stuff, including a very sinister one that said 'defend Europe' alongside a picture of an AK47. They're not necessarily the same people, but it looks dodgy.

Zetetic

You'd think you might either rip down or cover up (since you're putting a sticker up...) the others, for one thing.

All Surrogate

Does anyone have tips on how to remove stickers? Occasionally they come off easily, but usually they rip. Near me, they keep getting put on pedestrian crossing displays, which is a problem in itself.

Dusty Substance

Had my first encounter with a COVID denier yesterday.

Not someone who doesn't like wearing a mask, not someone who objects to lockdown, not someone who questions the death figures - but someone who 100% doesn't believe COVID is real and said it's just "the flu".

Was on the beach with friends and this woman with two lovely dogs walks past. I adore dogs so asked if it was OK to stroke her dogs and within two minutes of chatting, she told us that COVID doesn't exist and that it's all a way of ushering in communism.

She went on to talk about all the Bill Gates conspiracies, how Justin Trudeau is Fidel Castro's son (which was a new one to me but turns out it's been a theory for five years), how the Kennedy family are still pulling the strings, something about how birth certificates are some sort of way of controlling us and loads more that I can't remember.

She pointed me in the direction of a Bill Gates article from 1997 which I see Snopes has debunked: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bill-gates-george-story-quote/

My friends walked off as they couldn't bear to hear it. I questioned as much as I could but she kept saying "It's all facts, not opinions". She said that up until a year ago she'd never considered herself to be a "conspiracy theorist" and this was all new to her.

TBH, I felt really sorry for her. She said she'd lost her home and was living in a caravan with her two dogs. I knew it was pointless to argue with her so instead I tried to steer the conversation in a different direction and asked if she has any hobbies or something that brings her happiness, but she only wanted to talk conspiracies.

We spoke for about 25/30 minutes before going our separate ways. All rather sad, really. I fucking hate the phrase "hope they get the help they need" but I hope she'll be OK.

Tokyo van Ramming

Quote from: All Surrogate on March 29, 2021, 09:26:39 PM
Does anyone have tips on how to remove stickers? Occasionally they come off easily, but usually they rip. Near me, they keep getting put on pedestrian crossing displays, which is a problem in itself.

Sticker remover kits exist and are available to buy.

All Surrogate

I've discovered that WD40 works pretty well.

Sebastian Cobb

Isopropyl will get the gum off.

But if it's just stuck to a lampost or whatever, you don't need to be graceful, just scrape the fucker off with a paint scraper.

buttgammon

The local fash use cheap, crap adhesive, so a key normally does the job, bar the odd stubborn one.

Kankurette

jobotic

Get some better stickers and put them over the top

Kankurette

It's a beautiful sunny day so I went on a nice long walk through Burnage and Ladybarn, and some cunt had plastered White Rose stickers on lamp posts near Fog Lane Park. Peeling them off was cathartic. The usual guff about 'the great reset', Gates with Johnson on strings, 'They Live was a documentary', and 'COVID was made up by the media'. I saw a lot of other vandalised stickers in the area. Seems I'm not the only one sick of this crap.

batwings

Use a sponge soaked in soapy warm water. They'll come right off. It's got to be warm.

Fambo Number Mive

There was one near me yesterday, which I managed to partly pull off. The bit I pulled off included the name of the group and their web address.

Pink Gregory

White Rose sticker spotted round my way, didn't have anything on me to vandalise it with.  Cunts.

Fambo Number Mive

Several White Rose stickers on the bus stops, managed to pull a bit of one off but the rest was stuck firm.

buttgammon

They've been back here, including some stickers that called the vaccine 'blackmail' (I didn't actually understand them). Some of them were stuck on bins, so at least I didn't have far to walk.

Kankurette

The thing that I find really weird is, lockdown is going to be eased soon anyway. My local gym opens on Monday. Pubs are opening again. It's only a matter of time before we're back to normal. So what are they moaning about?

Golden E. Pump

Anti-vaxxers have juvenile brains. They either grow up or learn through their mistakes. A nice bit of COVID may learn 'em.

Fambo Number Mive

These White Rose stickers are everywhere in Oxfordshire. They are so smug, with slogans like "Imagine thinking this is all still about virus" and "2020, when the general public cared about toilet paper more than freedom".

Someone's put a "Daddy, what did you do in the war" style one on the cash machine outside the Natwest in Oxford.

It's interesting that they only started appearing when lockdown was being eased. The one asking "If masks work, why are non-essential shops closed" (because masks are only part of the fight against COVID, is the answer) seems a bit out of date given non-essential shops are now open.

Maybe some stickers need to be made countering the White Rose COVID denier bullshit.

Kankurette

Someone in my area has been vandalising the stickers. Glad I'm not the only one sick of it.

Everything's going back to normal now, they're redundant.

Kankurette

They're at it again. One of their stickers, the one I'm guessing Fambo means, has 'Daddy, what did you do when all our freedoms were taken away?' 'I wore a muzzle, hid behind the sofa and called people conspiracy theorists'.

They're not muzzles, nobody is hiding behind the sofa, you ARE a bunch of conspiracy theorists - you have stickers with Johnson being controlled like a puppet by Gates, FFS - and lockdown is EASING OFF. I was down the park the other day, it was full of families. There was a massive queue outside a pub in Fallowfield. People sitting outside cafes. Shops and gyms and pools opening up, pubs welcoming people back in. I'm going to visit my parents when it's my birthday next week. One of my friends has booked a birthday meal out with her husband. It does not make any sense to bang on about the evils of lockdown when it's being lifted.

Chedney Honks

I've never heard the reasoning from one of these cunts as to why Oz, Taiwan, NZ, Vietnam, Singapore, Iceland, China etc haven't got Billy's iron grip around their throat.

Or why the countries with the shittest measures throughout the whole thing have the highest totals and rates of death.

The idea that the UK has been fucking heavy handed and authoritarian would be hilarious, if it weren't for the 125k corpses and the total clusterfuck in planning, communicating and implementing our vent tier measures.

How the fuck can anyone look back at the UK's response and think Bill Gates, that? Master plan, that. They want us locked up and afraid, eh, lad.

They dithered like fuck at every opportunity and literally paid cunts to eat out resulting in a fuck load more deaths. They literally dumped Covid patients in care homes. They literally delayed restrictions at every single opportunity and caused thousands more deaths.

Puppetmasters, mate. Big Brother. Got us in their pocket.

chveik

and it's the same idiots that will do fuck all against any real fascist menace

Captain Poodle Basher

Quote from: buttgammon on April 09, 2021, 09:07:23 PM
They've been back here, including some stickers that called the vaccine 'blackmail' (I didn't actually understand them). Some of them were stuck on bins, so at least I didn't have far to walk.

I shared a bus journey here in Cork with a pair of conspiracy types earlier. I could see them talking to one another at the bus stop, but when they got on the bus they pretended they didn't know one another until we'd gone a couple of stops before the pair got up from their seats and rushed to the back of the bus and started with the conspiracies.

Apparently, all these Covid variants are just being made up by the media and the government is going along with it so that retail and pubs won't be able to reopen. I was tempted to ask why the government was willing to forego all that tax revenue not to mention the savings in social welfare payments but engaging with bus nutters wasn't on my list of things to do today.

They looked like conspiraloons out of central casting, poor personal hygiene and poorly thought out ideas.

Fambo Number Mive

Apparently there have been anti-vaccine protests outside some vaccine centres.

The Culture Bunker

This White Rose stuff is new to me as I haven't noticed it round my part of Manchester (Didsbury) but then I doubt I would have noticed - will have to keep an eye out.

I remember a few years ago when on the bus to work going through Rusholme and seeing these posters stuck up on the all the stops and various walls - can't remember the exact language but it was very dodgy anti-immigrant racist shit deliberately put up in an area with a lot of Asian people. I sadly know from experience of being in pubs that there's an element of this stuff bubbling away throughout the city.

Kankurette

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on April 20, 2021, 05:30:30 PM
This White Rose stuff is new to me as I haven't noticed it round my part of Manchester (Didsbury) but then I doubt I would have noticed - will have to keep an eye out.

I remember a few years ago when on the bus to work going through Rusholme and seeing these posters stuck up on the all the stops and various walls - can't remember the exact language but it was very dodgy anti-immigrant racist shit deliberately put up in an area with a lot of Asian people. I sadly know from experience of being in pubs that there's an element of this stuff bubbling away throughout the city.
I've seen similar in my area and they're called the Manchester Collective. Nasty pieces of work. I took photos and reported them to a couple of activist groups. Did the ones you saw have bees on them? The Manchester Collective made a point of using bees because of people getting the bee tattoo after the bombing, they were sneering about virtue signalling. They claimed to be some kind of working class solidarity group but they're fash. James Goddard is behind them and he's a fairly big name far right activist.

Fambo, are they trying to stop people getting jabs?

Fambo Number Mive

I'm not sure, it was mentioned at the press conference by Dr Nikita Kanani, medical director of primary care for NHS England, but she didnt go into any more details.