Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:21:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Q: Into the Storm (HBO doc)

Started by kngen, March 22, 2021, 02:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kngen

First two parts up online. Interesting to see some of the major players in the whole thing in the flesh rather than as just abstract usernames. The fella that owns 8Chan has a very peculiar presence, but is probably not Q. But the real eye-opener is some of the Q adherents who, away from the frothing hatred of a MAGA rally or shouting into an iPhone camera, just seem like normal (I mean, American christian 'normal') white suburban bores. Even when they meet up in DC for some conference or other, the tone of their fucking bonkers conversations - 'I hear that there are restaurants here where you go down into the basement and they're serving up bits of children for Saudi princes' - is so downkey and matter of fact, they could be talking about accidentally trying hummus for the first time.

Worth a watch, even if you know the lore inside out.

Replies From View

Quote'I hear that there are restaurants here where you go down into the basement and they're serving up bits of children for Saudi princes' - is so downkey and matter of fact, they could be talking about accidentally trying hummus for the first time.

Is it true that Spike Milligan delivers that line in blackface?

thugler

I enjoyed this, but I knew a lot going in. For my partner who doesn't know much about this it was pretty incomprehensible and hard to parse.

Keebleman

Quote from: Replies From View on April 01, 2021, 09:46:46 AM
Is it true that Spike Milligan delivers that line in blackface?

I just hope they have found some old interviews with Tom Hibbert.

Dex Sawash

Started out a little slow since I was already familiar with most of the QAnon background, but loving this the further it goes along. The episode with
Spoiler alert
Frederick Brennan escaping the Philippines
[close]
was the most exciting thing I've seen on TV in ages.

studpuppet

Enjoying this - I've developed a soft spot for Jim Watkins and his Norm Macdonald-style delivery and pixyish knowing looks at the camera. Maybe he's on CaB and started off that fountain pens thread a little while back.

Slightly off-topic, but one other thing this doc taught me: that the slightly off-kilter 'Illinois Nazis' characters in The Blues Brothers were a real thing that I knew nothing about - when you see the footage of them you know that Henry Gibson and the other actors had copied some of their mannerisms.

kngen

Quote from: studpuppet on April 16, 2021, 02:20:47 PM
Slightly off-topic, but one other thing this doc taught me: that the slightly off-kilter 'Illinois Nazis' characters in The Blues Brothers were a real thing that I knew nothing about - when you see the footage of them you know that Henry Gibson and the other actors had copied some of their mannerisms.

I'm not for a second suggesting the world needs a George Lincoln Rockwell biopic, but if there was one to be made, Kevin Eldon would be your man.

studpuppet

Quote from: kngen on April 16, 2021, 03:34:41 PM
I'm not for a second suggesting the world needs a George Lincoln Rockwell biopic, but if there was one to be made, Kevin Eldon would be your man.

Leggy Mountbatten minus the hat:

kngen

Dex Sawash

Have watched 2 eps now, the subjects are alarmingly not insane so far. Except the California lady, she's nuts.

Mobius

I finished it the other night and really enjoyed it.

kngen

Quote from: Mobius on April 23, 2021, 06:49:32 AM
I finished it the other night and really enjoyed it.

Been fascinating to read threads about it on the Great Awakening Q board as it was being broadcast. They all seemed to thing it was great publicity for them[nb]Just .... how?[/nb]
Spoiler alert
(up until that smug little otaku cunt inadvertently outed himself)
[close]
. Now it's a deep state psyops, Q is still out there, the storm is coming etc etc, even though there hasn't been a Q drop since
Spoiler alert
the Watkinses said 'There won't be any more Q drops. The games a bogey. Go home.'
[close]

I shouldn't be surprised that a cult that requires complete suspension of critical faculties in the face of all indisputable evidence continues to suspend their critical faculties in the face of all indisputable evidence, but somehow I am.