Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:03:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The longest and most lucrative coast on past glories

Started by Nice Relaxing Poo, March 22, 2021, 04:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on March 24, 2021, 03:13:34 PM
Morrissey.

He's quite reticent to openly coast on those laurels. He seems insistent on pretending his best work is ahead of him.

If by some disaster you found yourself at one of his gigs now, you'd probably find a setlist devoted mostly to dirge from his latest paper-thin effort, a few B-sides from the '90s, and maybe two or three of the more obscure Smiths tracks, performed with apparently deliberate ugliness.[nb]I was going to say that the relatively recent 2004 would've been a fine time to see him, with several enjoyable new songs on the go, but then I remembered that it's currently the year 2021. 17 years have elapsed since You Are the Quarry - which itself came 17 years after the break-up of The Smiths.[/nb] 

lankyguy95

I liked a few tracks from his latest one. Honestly.

Manic Street Preachers, or anyone who tours playing a "classic" album in full, cos it was released a multiple of 10 years ago.

sutin

Quote from: thecuriousorange on March 31, 2021, 03:41:01 PM
Manic Street Preachers, or anyone who tours playing a "classic" album in full, cos it released a multiple of 10 years ago.

I don't think any band that's released new material consistently should count in this thread!

Spiteface

I do think the Manics took the piss doing THREE of those tours, though.

The Holy Bible tour was awesome (the album part being performed entirely as a three-piece, which was a treat), but it meant they never toured Futurology. The success of that album being the thing that made the band do the Bible tour, which is a weird logic.

pupshaw

I'm going to go with The Bat out of Hell. He's tried to keep working I suppose, but can't believe anybody wants to hear
anything not on that first album which was called Meatloaf or something I think...

Goldentony

I want to hear Surf's Up from Bad Attitude/Bad For Good but not now, not right now, not with this Meatloaf we have these days now