Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:50:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

First anniversary of Boris Johnson's momentous address to the nation

Started by Thomas, March 23, 2021, 09:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas

If you've got kids, gather them round and tell them the tale.

Drygate

I preferred the one where he bragged about shaking hands.

Although a close second is the the one where he said the UK was going to take advantage of covid by taking off our Clark Kent classes and becoming Superman and not only avoiding covid but also capitalising economically due to other countries not being British enough to give covid a good seeing to.

Or maybe that second one didn't happen but I feel like it did...

Captain Z

All I remember is that he'd just missed five Cobra meetings in a row.

idunnosomename

Support Boris 100%. Incredible leader. Best piecetime leader we've ever had. May be one day will surpass Churchill. He just knows how to lead and is proud to British. Just want to have a pint with him when this is all over and say cheers mate. And I'd take my cock and put it between his fat clammy thighs then spunk all over his fat tits, dip my balls in my cum and wipe it all over his face. Then turn him over and put my finger up his bum. Love my family, gunners, no wokes.

Uncle TechTip

Four text messages from work with a long spiel that culminated in a request for us to "take a moment to reflect" on the past year. Like that isn't what I've done every single day during this disaster. And reflect on what? How I've not been anywhere for a year, how I've gone gradually sick of my family? The fuck. A minute's silence for that time we did nothing.

Also we should share these reflections with our manager at next one to one. The fuck for.

Rose West suggests a minutes silence to remember the lasses buried under her patio.

Butchers Blind

It will be a moment none of us will forget. At 8:30pm, Johnson will appear on our screens in his £2.6m briefing room, and in true R Budd Dwyer style, pull a gun on himself and empty his brains over the twin flags of our nation. The people stand on their doorsteps and clap for one whole minute.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Butchers Blind on March 23, 2021, 12:44:52 PM
At 8:30pm, Johnson will appear on our screens in his £2.6m briefing room, and in true R Budd Dwyer style, pull a gun on himself and empty his brains over the twin flags of our nation

That's the only 'round' I want to hear

shiftwork2

Quote from: Thomas on March 23, 2021, 09:33:02 AM

Nick Robinson there, with the historic momentous news just that little bit before you.  Good guy though, as he's letting you in on the secret historic momentous event that he's been briefed about before you.  All future historic momentous news will be vetted by Nick and, if he's feeling generous, he will pass it on to you.  You should definitely tell your children and grandchildren about Nick Robinson as well as other important figures.

Butchers Blind

A real 'where were you' moment like when Brian Harvey from E17 ran himself over.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on March 23, 2021, 11:20:55 AM
Four text messages from work with a long spiel that culminated in a request for us to "take a moment to reflect" on the past year. Like that isn't what I've done every single day during this disaster. And reflect on what? How I've not been anywhere for a year, how I've gone gradually sick of my family? The fuck. A minute's silence for that time we did nothing.

Also we should share these reflections with our manager at next one to one. The fuck for.

That's appaling. Is.your manager Micharl Scott or something?

Fambo Number Mive

Interesting BBC article that is actually somewhat critical of Johnson for a change:

QuoteFor example, the time when a Labour MP asked for advice at the end of June for his constituency, which was home to a popular beach and he was worried about huge numbers heading for the sea. "Show some guts," the prime minister told him...

By the middle of September, "the data was already screaming out", one insider says. On the 17th, I was told by one source: "If you do nothing now, by the end of October you will get something worse than the first wave."

The possibility of a short "circuit breaker" lockdown was already being discussed in Downing Street that week. Prof Whitty, the UK's chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance, and Mr Cummings and others were arguing hard for action to be taken - but the prime minister was unpersuaded.

Others wanted to push again - one current official recalls a "concerted effort" - and on Sunday 20th, the No 10 team gathered a range of scientists. But the prime minister remained reluctant.

Another current official describes his attitude as, "if there is a way not to act, why do it?".

Over the next 36 hours, I have been told, a small group inside Downing Street repeatedly tried to change Mr Johnson's mind - but by then, he was operating in a very different atmosphere.

"A swampiness had risen because of ideological pressure on this government at every turn to do less - and to do it more slowly," a senior figure says. And it is understood Mr Johnson had privately assured groups of MPs there would be no more restrictions...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56361599

Quite a way down the front page though.

lipsink

Can't wait till it's the 1 year anniversary of 'Cummings in the Rose Garden'. Surely, the most batshit insane lying done by anyone in politics. And then Gove appearing on media the next day to say that he too often drives to check his eyesight. And the fucking cunts got away with it.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Thomas on March 23, 2021, 09:33:02 AM

If you've got kids, gather them round and tell them the tale.

Hang on, was that tweet sent from the future or last year

idunnosomename

cummings antics of course must've directly lead to extra deaths in people thinking "huh why should I bother if Barnard Castle". hard, if not impossible to quantify such things, but must be thousands.

imitationleather

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 23, 2021, 07:16:55 PM
cummings antics of course must've directly lead to extra deaths in people thinking "huh why should I bother if Barnard Castle". hard, if not impossible to quantify such things, but must be thousands.

One imagines that the moral weight of that thought must be so heavy that suicide may seem like the only answer for him.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on March 23, 2021, 07:31:36 PM
QuoteWhen he went to Bangface, I thought to myself, he'll regret that surely

One imagines that the moral weight of that thought must be so heavy that suicide may seem like the only answer for him.

idunnosomename

Quote from: imitationleather on March 23, 2021, 07:31:36 PM
he probably cant nut anymore unless he's thinking about it