Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:10:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bristol #KillTheBill protests

Started by Johnny Yesno, March 24, 2021, 01:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on March 27, 2021, 03:44:03 PM
I'm surprised he has the courage to speak out like that against the police.  Well done, old fellow who does diy for coins.

He'll soon regret it when he takes the stage with his trusty guitar to sing a ditty about HOPE FOR THE POOR SYRIANS at some celeb charity bash and is whisked away amidst a flurry of batons and pepper spray "No protesting, cunt"...."but I'm a liberal!" *SMASH*

Buelligan

Let's hope someone sensible immures him permanently and covers the thing with a nice bit of ready pasted Belgravia San Remo Geometric in a tasteful beige colourway.  See you out, that will.

bgmnts

All a bit depressing this. If there is one thing that Twitter does extremely well, it creates an accurate microcosm of society. As I've said, for every decent person who wants to make things less shit, there are two people who want the opposite.

Grim.

Buelligan

Yeah but quite a few of those are David Baddiel or people with some sort of string of numbers and letters after their names.  And we all know what that means.

JaDanketies

I see that autistic guy who got bashed by the police apparently did an 'okay' hand-sign at some point during the walloping, so it was actually therefore just all fake for the media to make the police look bad. This is what a sizable chunk of people on Twitter actually believe.

And then they get people replying to them saying "yeah good shout, well noticed!" and lots of likes, and it is therefore cemented in their heads that an autistic guy deliberately got beaten up by the police so that he could make the police look like the kind of people who beat up autistic guys.

Buelligan

Maybe lots of people need to think about what a crime is.  Is it doing something, like beating a person who's telling you they're vulnerable and autistic?  If you find out, afterwards that the person you mugged and murdered in an alleyway was, may have been, just an actor, do they let you off because you murdered someone who misrepresented themselves?  I'm thinking no, no, they don't.  Because it's your intention at the time of the act that counts.

Whether that person was or wasn't genuinely vulnerable is not the fucking point.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 27, 2021, 01:48:06 PM
Have you seen the state of anarchists these days. Melts.

I only know two, and they are both lovely.

How are anarchists "melts" nowadays?

Butchers Blind

Don't know why all this #killthebill thing, its been off air for nearly 11 years now.

pigamus

People don't forgive June Ackland for La Roux, that's what it is

Buelligan

Quote from: SpiderChrist on March 27, 2021, 05:35:52 PM

I think he was toying with us.

Michael Walker never gets tired of saying how he used to be some kind of anarchist but he got over it.  Silly boy, one does not get over it, not if one's doing it right.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on March 27, 2021, 04:44:56 PM
Maybe lots of people need to think about what a crime is.  Is it doing something, like beating a person who's telling you they're vulnerable and autistic?  If you find out, afterwards that the person you mugged and murdered in an alleyway was, may have been, just an actor, do they let you off because you murdered someone who misrepresented themselves?  I'm thinking no, no, they don't.  Because it's your intention at the time of the act that counts.

Whether that person was or wasn't genuinely vulnerable is not the fucking point.

Have we descended this far that you need to write this out for people to read?

BlodwynPig

I know two and they are what the young call 'melts'.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on March 27, 2021, 06:05:06 PM
I think he was toying with us.

Michael Walker never gets tired of saying how he used to be some kind of anarchist but he got over it.  Silly boy, one does not get over it, not if one's doing it right.

You got me. Yes, Walker - A melting point just below freezing.

Buelligan

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 27, 2021, 07:01:00 PM
Have we descended this far that you need to write this out for people to read?

It seems so, old pig.

Buelligan

Gosh, thank you, that's exactly what I was hoping to see.  More of this, please!

Pink Gregory

anyone who starts rattling on about 'tankies' can get a bit tiresome.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kankurette on March 27, 2021, 08:00:09 PM
A good boy.

hope he is not punished or sent for 'retraining' by the cops though. I don't think animals should be used by police in such situations. Indogmane.

Buelligan

I agree with that, it's horrible, horses and the lovely dogs.  Dreadful.  As you probably realise, I like horses and dogs hugely more than people as a general rule.  The idea that we pull them into situations like these makes me feel that way even more.  Turn the police into glue is my advice.

Johnny Yesno

Buelligan

They will come for the people who don't show solidarity next, just saying.  Still, busy lives... heheh.

Kankurette

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 27, 2021, 08:26:12 PM
hope he is not punished or sent for 'retraining' by the cops though. I don't think animals should be used by police in such situations. Indogmane.
Me neither, it's cruel. I know they're good for sniffing things out but I don't approve of them being used to attack people. They're trained to bite and not let go. As for horses, they put them in situations where the horses will get spooked and trample people. Horses are beautiful, but potentially dangerous.
Quote from: Buelligan on March 28, 2021, 11:06:46 AM
They will come for the people who don't show solidarity next, just saying.  Still, busy lives... heheh.
Not all of us can protest. It's not because we're lazy bastards who don't care. I physically can't. I'm at the point where I've had to ask for prescription painkillers because my chronic pain has gotten worse. Every morning I wake up and my back and legs hurt like hell. Being on my feet for a long time triggers a flare. Someone on here basically told me 'I know you have panic attacks and screaming meltdowns in crowds, but you need to work on that so you can get out and protest'. I know some disabled people can show up to protests, but not all of us can and that doesn't mean we have it coming.

Sorry, it's a sore point. I had people at uni trying to guilt trip me into going to protests even though I couldn't.

Johnny Yesno

Go ride your high horse through a police line, Buelligan.

Johnny Yesno

So the shield chop (or 'blading') is a thing now: https://twitter.com/NoisyMV/status/1375604094337974274 (video)

Edit: Oh, I believe it's taken from this slightly longer video from 26/Mar/2021: https://twitter.com/AlAviram/status/1375575909957304323

Johnny Yesno

Those poor injured police, though.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/27/protest-human-right-bristol-demonstrations-police-bill-city-dissent?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

QuoteAn NHS worker on duty that night [23/Mar/2021] told the Observer that no officers were treated in the hospital designated for the police, whereas the hospital designated for protesters was inundated with injured people. The worker, who also asked not to be named, said: "Over the course of the night the hospitals that were taking protesters filled and the hospital taking police did not see a single officer."

QuoteWhat is still not known is how many in the crowd were injured. A first aider on duty during the demo told the Observer that he personally treated six protesters, including people with bleeding head wounds, serious bruising and eye injuries. The first aider, who asked not be named, said he was also struck repeatedly with a baton. "I told the policeman I was a first aider but he continued beating me," he said. "I had to go to hospital and I now need weeks of physiotherapy."

Buelligan

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on March 28, 2021, 12:01:11 PM
Go ride your high horse through a police line, Buelligan.

I was actually joking, hence the "heheh".  But I see you're not.  So, sorry I made a joke about you not going to join the demonstration Johnny.  Hope you'll find it in your heart to forgive me someday.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on March 28, 2021, 12:01:59 PM
So the shield chop (or 'blading') is a thing now: https://twitter.com/NoisyMV/status/1375604094337974274 (video)

Edit: Oh, I believe it's taken from this slightly longer video from 26/Mar/2021: https://twitter.com/AlAviram/status/1375575909957304323

A thing that's listed in the book as something they're not supposed to do.

https://twitter.com/CassiPerry4/status/1375757526407507968?s=20

Fambo Number Mive

More police thuggery: https://twitter.com/ApsanaBegumMP/status/1375848743610810368

Good to see some Labour MPs, like Apsana Begum, Claudia Webb and Clive Lewis, speaking out about this.