Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:45:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

SHIPJAM

Started by Rizla, March 24, 2021, 02:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Norse

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 25, 2021, 01:32:09 PM
can you explain how a two hundred thousand tonne container ship is supposed to do a dotted line

Carefully managed oil spills.

steve98

And we're expected to believe that these same Egyptians, in the old days, could haul massive 100 Ton blocks of granite using only human elbow grease, but yet they can't shift this boat with all the technology under the sun? Puh leez.

gilbertharding

Reading about the Great Bitter Lake 'Yellow Fleet' of 1967-1975 and thinking they've got it easy today. At least any ships stuck behind the Ever Giving can reverse out and go round the Horn.

Chollis

can't they just blow it out of the water

idunnosomename

Sounds like a job for Felix and his Amazing Underpants!

shiftwork2

The longer this goes on the funnier it gets.

shipwanker!!!!

Captain Z

I reckon the captain will go into de Nile after this.

idunnosomename

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 25, 2021, 03:46:01 PM
The longer this goes on the funnier it gets.

shipwanker!!!!
it'll be solved the minute I turn around and go round the cape of good hope, I betcha

steve98

Get these fellas - The ship-breakers of Bangladesh - in, they'll soon get the bastard shifted.

seepage

I really want some Shippam's fish paste now.

Actually, would greasing both ends with that work?

idunnosomename

this will like when they get a cat out of a manhole and it just goes down another one, except with the Panama Canal

Aaron500

They should send another ship through, see if it dislodges it.

Dex Sawash

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

ITS A SHIP BUSINESS

zomgmouse

paruses

Yet another white elephant in the making once people realise they can go on the South Atlantic and southern Indian oceans FOR FREE! Motorbikes might still use it I suppose.

Head Gardener

buzby

They should just invite all the magnet fishers in the world over to stick their 100kg neodynium magnets onto the ship and pull it free. It would make a make change for them from pulling out wheelclamps, payphone cashboxes, scaffolding poles, old bikes and shopping trolleys.

Paul Calf

Quote from: paruses on March 26, 2021, 08:07:29 AM
Yet another white elephant in the making once people realise they can go on the South Atlantic and southern Indian oceans FOR FREE! Motorbikes might still use it I suppose.

It's free until you're anywhere near the Gulf of Aden, at which point the East African pirate ships will request that their special toll be paid.

idunnosomename

Has this been sorted yet? Have they thought of blowing it up with a big bomb?

Paul Calf

Nah. It could take weeks, and considering that it's holding up about 10 billion dollars in trade every day it's stuck, the bomb option is probably on the table.

Blumf

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 26, 2021, 11:40:53 AM
Has this been sorted yet? Have they thought of blowing it up with a big bomb?

It's the only language these things understand.

Well, either that, or hitting it on the bow with a rolled up newspaper whilst firmly saying "No".

paruses

I ordered a headphone cable few days ago. Bet it's on that ship. Maybe someone on there could have a look and dig it out.

mothman

https://youtu.be/V6CLumsir34

Sure let's blow it up. Then you get the above, only instead of whale blubber it's raining containers. And paruses' earphones.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Love it. They're going around the actual Cape of Good Hope. Party like it be 1799

GoblinAhFuckScary

wait oh no oh fuck

bgmnts

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on March 26, 2021, 01:18:32 PM
Love it. They're going around the actual Cape of Good Hope. Party like it be 1799

god DAMN YOUR HIDE!

Head Gardener

steveh

Wasn't aware from the stories I've read on it that to use the canal you have to pay for and hand over control to the canal's own pilots who are not renowned for their abilities: https://twitter.com/Nature_Grrrl/status/1375168720495075338.

Rizla

Quote from: paruses on March 26, 2021, 12:43:41 PM
I ordered a headphone cable few days ago. Bet it's on that ship. Maybe someone on there could have a look and dig it out.
You could be on to something, I just got an email telling me the chi-fi music player I ordered weeks ago isn't going to arrive at all now. Probably threw it overboard to get the ship less heavy, bastards.