Author Topic: Richard Herring's RHLSTP  (Read 6907 times)

McFlymo

• Pre-"Post Reply" Anxiety
Re: Richard Herring's RHLSTP
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2021, 04:17:50 PM »
Andrew "Dole"

New Page: Benefit scrounging cunts.

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2021, 04:18:46 PM »
Paxman's clearly a massive cunt

Echo Valley 2-6809

• Part of no circle
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2021, 06:25:18 PM »
I suspect from this and a couple of print interviews I've read that Paxman is probably seriously depressed, trapped in the protective carapace of the seen-it-all-before curmudgeon, a bit like Gilbert Harding[1] was.
 1. not the CaB poster

gilbertharding

• Lipsmackin' thirstquenchin' acetastin' motivatin'
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2021, 07:56:00 PM »
I suspect from this and a couple of print interviews I've read that Paxman is probably seriously depressed, trapped in the protective carapace of the seen-it-all-before curmudgeon, a bit like Gilbert Harding[1] was.
 1. not the CaB poster

:-p

Mister Six

• Golden Member
  • Ridiculously teacakes
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2021, 08:43:30 PM »
How long has Paxman looked like that?! In my head he just looks like his 1990s self, although admittedly that was 30 years ago. Still, he's unrecognisable. Is it just the shit angle and lighting, or did he look like this before lockdown?

PaulTMA

• nu avatar and personal text evry coupla weeks
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2021, 01:17:15 AM »
Heavy Forbes McAllister vibes these days

Replies From View

• Rubbing linseed oil into the school cormorant.
  • Golden Member
  • Gargoyles have milk bags.
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2021, 05:33:12 PM »
For how long has Jeremy Paxman had congealed nosebleed under his right nostril?

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2021, 12:19:37 PM »
Well Richard enjoyed it anyway

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2021, 09:29:54 AM »
Got quite excited to see the "new" one of these is with Bob Mortimer, then I realised Herring is just reposting old ones.

Magnum Valentino

• Formerly magval
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2021, 09:42:40 AM »
Got quite excited to see the "new" one of these is with Bob Mortimer, then I realised Herring is just reposting old ones.

Ah that's a shame.

Great episode though, one of the best single podcasts ever. I think about the way Bob pronounces napalm as 'napp-alm' all the time.

Wet Blanket

• I am the Colour Blind Dog-Thief
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2021, 11:28:31 AM »
I’m hoping that the release of Bob’s autobiography later this year will see him back on the podcast circuit.

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2021, 04:56:24 PM »
Ah that's a shame.

Great episode though, one of the best single podcasts ever. I think about the way Bob pronounces napalm as 'napp-alm' all the time.

Yes - always snigger when I see fig rolls in the supermarket because of this.

And the Chris Rhea / Ulrika reveal is glorious.

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2021, 10:44:26 AM »

Relistening to this at work this morning and it remains absolutely glorious.

However I'd completely forgotten about Rich's ongoing gag in that era of about how "9/11 was a great day, for the terrorists" and can now very much remember why I took a break from RHLSTP.

PaulTMA

• nu avatar and personal text evry coupla weeks
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2021, 11:54:23 AM »
Slightly off-topic, but does anyone remember what episode the disgusting pea story was told in AIOTM?  Have an urge to experience it again.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

• a hopeless vanity... a stupefyingly futile conceit
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2021, 11:38:53 PM »
The latest episode with Nigel Planer is great. Lots of lovely Comic Strip and Young Ones chat. Planer is more than happy to talk about all of that stuff, presumably because he's gone on to have a very successful career doing other things. And he's obviously proud of everything they achieved in those days.

Then again, you wouldn't really expect the self-aware actor and writer who co-created arch-luvvie Nicholas Craig to be precious about that sort of thing: "The hippie was just one of the many, many characters I have inhabited over the years. A piece of juvenalia." He's not that sort of chap.

« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2021, 12:30:51 AM »
Slightly off-topic, but does anyone remember what episode the disgusting pea story was told in AIOTM?  Have an urge to experience it again.

There's somethings you cant unhear, got no idea I'm  afraid 

Echo Valley 2-6809

• Part of no circle
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2021, 12:45:31 AM »
Then again, you wouldn't really expect the self-aware actor and writer who co-created arch-luvvie Nicholas Craig to be precious about that sort of thing

Craig is my favourite character of his - fortunately loads of it uploaded to youtube (by Paul Putner, among others).

Main creator Christopher Douglas (Ed Reardon, Dave Podmore) in case anyone else doesn't know.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

• a hopeless vanity... a stupefyingly futile conceit
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2021, 01:13:19 AM »
An amazing character. And yes, apologies, I should've mentioned Christopher Douglas. Remiss of me, but I just meant that Planer clearly has no truck with pretentious actors, hence why he's happy to talk about everything he's done - the stuff that worked and the stuff that didn't.

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2021, 09:57:55 AM »
An amazing character. And yes, apologies, I should've mentioned Christopher Douglas. Remiss of me, but I just meant that Planer clearly has no truck with pretentious actors, hence why he's happy to talk about everything he's done - the stuff that worked and the stuff that didn't.

My Sister and I met him at the cast party for Bonjour LeClasse back in the early nineties and he was a little pretentious then, my sister asked him a nerdy question about The Young Ones and he was very dismissive and snotty to her. That was thirty years ago though, and he may have been just have an off night of course.

Tags: