Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:08:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cunts And Shitheads Of YouTube

Started by Dr Rock, March 24, 2021, 09:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Steven Crowder- unfunny bigot
Stefan Moolynex - evil white supremacist psycho
Dave Rubin - Pitiful grifter that's fooling nobody at this point
Sargon - obv
Paul Joseph Watson - absolute scum

Gulftastic

'I'll take 'Thread titles that can be sung to the tune of 'Don't Jump Off The Roof, Dad' for 600, please Alex.'

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Gulftastic on March 24, 2021, 09:38:42 AM
'I'll take 'Thread titles that can be sung to the tune of 'Don't Jump Off The Roof, Dad' for 600, please Alex.'

See also " Nymphs and Shepherds" by Henry Purcell.

The Ombudsman

Should Joe Rogan be on the list. I can't make my mind up. Some of his interviews are good, others are really bad.

idunnosomename

Hey guys whats up how's it going don't forget to like subscribe and hit that bell

Retinend

Dave Rubin is the most insidious - still claiming to be a disaffected liberal after four years of Trump; even voting for Trump in 2020.

Retinend

Quote from: The Ombudsman on March 24, 2021, 10:59:27 AM
Should Joe Rogan be on the list. I can't make my mind up. Some of his interviews are good, others are really bad.

It's certainly not simple - I'm not decided. If you want to see Carl Benjamin (aka Sargon) shown up for what he is, all you have to do is watch Rogan's quietly scathing treatment of him.

Fambo Number Mive

Neomod

I've no idea who any of these people are but I would like everyone to join in and sing the thread title to the tune of Yes We Have No Bananas.

https://youtu.be/MvhIOyvmutE?t=41

JesusAndYourBush

People who steal content & edit the video so a part of it repeats (and is therefore longer) and reupload it.  It means the longer version seems the better choice, except it's been re-encoded a couple more times and looks worse than the original.  I see it being done with really niche stuff that's never going to get enough views to make monetisation worthwhile, so the bots don't seem to be working too well.

People who shrink the video into a corner of the screen in order to fool the algorithm.  Ditto people who shift the pitch down in order to fool the algorithm.  If you have to fuck the video up that much then it's not worth seeing.

People who post a blank video with something in the comments telling you to click a link to some other site to see the actual video.

(Obviously won't have happened as much lately, but...) People who post links to live gigs with a countdown to a few days time when the stream will be starting, so it looks like a bands entire tour will be streaming - except it won't because these links are a con.

People (bots?) who compile really weird playlists of things that you'd be hard-pressed to link even if you were an Only Connect question setter.  Again it must be for monetisation but I can't imagine anyone who'd be daft enough not to dismiss one of these shit playlists immediately.

The Bumlord

Any of the thousands of men doing 'video essays' or 'critiques' in that weird Kermit voice.

derek stitt

Paul Joseph Watson has a voice that wants punching.

JaDanketies

Dr Rock

Pint-sized pissface Benito Shapiro. And he can take his toxic femininity pushing sister 'Classically Abby' with him.

Fr.Bigley

Ksi and other such cunts. Why do kids lap this moronic shite up?

Butchers Blind

Anyone who refers to themselves as an influencer. Die slowly.

RicoMNKN

Quote from: The Ombudsman on March 24, 2021, 10:59:27 AM

I tend to think the accusations that he is part of the alt-right are a little unfair.  I suspect he's attempting to cover similar territory to Jon Ronson and Louis Theroux, but he's not as good at it and has attracted some awful fans as a result. 

I have been able to enjoy some of his interviews - the podcast is way too long and needs an editor, but it is not wall-to-wall extremists, and whilst he's a bit of a dick and an awful stand-up, I don't think he's particularly nasty unlike Paul Joseph Watson et al.

He's in the Ricky Gervais box.

An tSaoi

Quote from: RicoMNKN on March 24, 2021, 12:52:08 PM
I tend to think the accusations that he is part of the alt-right are a little unfair.

Yeah, it's not a left-wing/right-wing thing. You can explain all of Joe Rogan's positions based on the fact he's a dunce.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

All the 15 minute kitchen hacks/cooking for kids/crafts for kids videos uploaded by content farms. Ann Reardon of How To Cook That has made videos debunking some of these and pointing out how they make it harder for proper cooking channels to thrive.

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on March 24, 2021, 01:04:52 PM
All the 15 minute kitchen hacks/cooking for kids/crafts for kids videos uploaded by content farms. Ann Reardon of How To Cook That has made videos debunking some of these and pointing out how they make it harder for proper cooking channels to thrive.

I like her, but despite dozens of videos under the title "How to cook that Ann Reardon", she has still not baked herself

El Unicornio, mang

Any kind of deceptive clickbait. For example the title of the video is "is the PS5 the worst console ever?" with a thumbnail of the person looking angrily at a PS5, then the video is just 15 minutes of them saying "no, it's actually pretty good". It gets them lots of views, also gets them lots of downvotes and negative comments.

Or trailers for upcoming films that are actually just clips from previous films stitched together by someone.

Ornlu

Cody 'Dreamworks Eyebrow' Johnson. Arguably not a shithead, but a deathly-unfunny, outrage-spittle cunt.

Kankurette

The Nostalgia Critic. I hate his incessant fucking screeching - it causes me physical pain, I mean it - the unfunny skits, and the fact that he'll go out of the way to pick on really stupid things. Like, Quest for Camelot. "WHY WON'T THEY EXPLAIN? WHY WON'T THEY EXPLAIN?" Because it's a fucking fantasy movie for kids set in a magical version of Britain, Doug. It has talking dragons and magic knights and chicken/axe hybrids because it's fantasy. It's low-hanging fruit.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on March 24, 2021, 12:47:06 PM
Ksi and other such cunts. Why do kids lap this moronic shite up?
They're quite good fun, and seem harmless enough. There are many worse examples of people doing the same sort of thing as them.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Kankurette on March 24, 2021, 01:22:02 PM
The Nostalgia Critic. I hate his incessant fucking screeching - it causes me physical pain, I mean it - the unfunny skits, and the fact that he'll go out of the way to pick on really stupid things. Like, Quest for Camelot. "WHY WON'T THEY EXPLAIN? WHY WON'T THEY EXPLAIN?" Because it's a fucking fantasy movie for kids set in a magical version of Britain, Doug. It has talking dragons and magic knights and chicken/axe hybrids because it's fantasy. It's low-hanging fruit.
I fucking hate all those web 1.0 people, they all appear to have learned to present and edit from the same person and they all look and sound shite.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Kankurette on March 24, 2021, 01:22:02 PMThe Nostalgia Critic. I hate his incessant fucking screeching - it causes me physical pain, I mean it - the unfunny skits, and the fact that he'll go out of the way to pick on really stupid things. Like, Quest for Camelot. "WHY WON'T THEY EXPLAIN? WHY WON'T THEY EXPLAIN?" Because it's a fucking fantasy movie for kids set in a magical version of Britain, Doug. It has talking dragons and magic knights and chicken/axe hybrids because it's fantasy. It's low-hanging fruit.

I hate when Youtube reviewers feel the need to do skits. Unfunny, drawn out, amateurish skits. I wish they'd realise something can still be funny without drawing attention away from the main content and certainly without dressing up in shite costumes and throwing 90's quality VFX around. I blame[nb]bamlem[/nb] AVGN.

Also, why can't half of these Youtuber people get through a sentence without having to edit, with fucking jump-cuts after every other word?
"This. Is a video. About a game called. Call of. Duty."

Bazooka

Anyone that says they are going to give an opinion on something, whatever it may be, but the video is 20 minutes or so,they have no understanding of how to be concise, and they fill it with complete gas by saying;

"So in this video I'm going to give my opinion on (topic).This is my opinion, not the opinion of my mum,dad,sister,friends,community, insurance broker, cousin, therapist.My opinion is just that, it's my opinion. An opinion is when you give a thought on something in relation to relatable concepts and not necessarily based on fact or knowledge. I have spent a long time thinking about how I came to this conclusion and I think it's only fair I explain why. "

Yadada bloody Yada. They go on through this tedious verbal sludge, you click though the time bar at multiple moments and still never hear what they have to say on said topic and just give up. Just fucking tell us if the new Fast and Furious film is shit.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Tutorials for Photoshop and the like which drag on and on, when all I want to know is which menu a certain option is under.

I like a lot of those video essay types... but... that halting cadence... a lot of them use... is really annoying. They sound like Captain Kirk being patronising.

Mr_Simnock

People who edit what they are talking about too much, the image always jumping every 5 seconds to try and make their ramblings a bit more coherent. These are the people who Bazooka hates above but with the diff having decided to chop down 30 mins of waffle to 5 mins.

An tSaoi

Someone who takes a sip from a mug within 10 seconds of the start of the video. Take your fucking sip before you start filming you pricks.