Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:39:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy Livestreams 2021

Started by dr_christian_troy, March 24, 2021, 11:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr_christian_troy

So in the world we're currently living in, I'm falling into a relatively consistent schedule of watching regular (usually weekly) live stream shows, and usually comedy. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or if there are any regular streams you watch to keep you afloat?

My schedule is currently:

Tuesdays
- Eddie Pepitone live on Instagram (last night his guests were Andy Kindler and James Adomian - Marc Maron came by later and both he and Scharpling were lurking in the chat too, as did Alice Wetterlund)
- Mary Houlihan's Painting Party (via Planet Scum on Twitch)
- VCR Party Live with Found Footage Festival
- How Ya Been? with Bret DeMott (via Jon Mackey's Twitch)

Wednesdays
- The Awooga Comedy Hour on Instagram (via Griffin Newman)

Saturdays
- Shaturday Morning Cartoons with Found Footage Festival

Sunday
- The George Lucas Talk Show (via Planet Scum on Twitch)

Any recommendations of regular live streams (advising all of the above are free by the way) would be most welcome.

In theory, if we get enough recommendations I'll collate a definitive calendar for everyone. If there happens to be associated threads about particular recommended streams I'll link them too.

Malcy

The Stand are back doing live streams. Think it's on Mondays.

Tony Yeboah

XS Malarkey on Twitch on Tuesdays (looks like there's plenty going on that day)

dr_christian_troy

I know Limmy has his own thread here, but here's a link to his Twitch where he's on almost daily.

Friend Zone is Paul Scheer's Twitch channel, which includes David Wain's Piano Bar show on Tuesdays, a show with Paul and Rob Huebel on Thursdays, and the film review show Unspooled on Fridays.

dr_christian_troy

Nick Wiger from the Doughboys podcast has started to stream on Twitch on Saturday evenings (UK time), often playing Stardew Valley (which is a delightful game if you haven't played it already). He's confirmed co-host Mike Mitchell will be streaming next Saturday, and producer of the show Yusong has his own stream, where he pops on to play Nancy Drew from time to time.

Doughboys
Yusong

...While these are predominantly gaming streams, all involved are interactive with the audience and for anyone interested you do occasionally get some insight into the behind the scenes of the Los Angeles comedy circuit / podcasting world.

In addition, on the Doughboys stream, they will be hosting a 25 hour charity event on May 1st, which will almost certainly include a cavalcade of various comedians, fast food outlets and some comfort game play along the way too.

In other news, Planet Scum is an absolute joy.

So anyone who is familiar with The Chris Gethard Show (and if you're not, watch all of it here), the character villain is Vacation Jason, played by Riley Soloner.

Now over a decade ago when the show was touring after being performed live at the UCB in New York and when it was evolving on Public Access from 2011, they filmed a road trip called American Gethard (I think?) and from all accounts and footage I've seen, it makes for a very interesting insight into comedy evolution of a time and a place. Last night on the stream, they focused on the evolution of Riley's Vacation Jason character and showed some footage from the road trip, both auditioning in front of Gethard and co in a lounge (he was originally just a regular at the live show and then ended up travelling with them), to then being asked to encore on a live show in Texas, which lasted for 40 minutes and is a joyous sight to behold. At this point Riley was in his early 20s and to watch the stream last night where he and producers Jersey Dave and J D Amato watch and reflect over 10 years later, it made me ache to be in a live comedy environment again. They do a retrospective piece every Saturday evening, always worth a watch.

Riley Soloner: Texas Is An Island