Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:27:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Masterchef 2021

Started by dr beat, March 25, 2021, 10:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

I liked Romney Marsh when he was at Man City.

Edit: New page, Egg.

Jittlebags

Quote from: icehaven on March 31, 2021, 09:00:58 PM
If that woman mentions coming from Romney Marsh (which looks like a boring fucking field by the way) one more time I'll scream.

I imagine mostly everything she cooks day to day has sea buckthorn and samphire in it, with sea purslane as a garnish. So a combo of sour as fuck with bitter as fuck.

Jittlebags

Actually, now that I've posted that, I've realised who she reminds me of - manerism wise, and it's been bugging me for a few weeks - it's Emma Kennedy.

wooders1978

Bon Bon's the current fad then - nice to have the wolf man crop up, that said I'll deck the cunt if he talks to letitia like that again

Icehaven

"There's nowhere to hide with this dish" seems to be the catchphrase this year too, although I've not watched it for a few years so they might have been saying it for ages.

wooders1978

Quote from: icehaven on April 02, 2021, 09:08:52 AM
"There's nowhere to hide with this dish" seems to be the catchphrase this year too, although I've not watched it for a few years so they might have been saying it for ages.

It's been a bit if a staple alongside raised eyebrows if someone says they are "doing a soufflé" for a while now, alongside little white jugs for the gravy

paruses

Quote from: wooders1978 on April 02, 2021, 02:27:50 PM
It's been a bit if a staple alongside raised eyebrows if someone says they are "doing a soufflé" for a while now, alongside little white jugs for the gravy

Also not seen it for years (surprised it's been so long). Does Monica still say "very delicious"? Always sounded wrong to me like "very unique" but don't think it is.

Fake Edit - that's the Pro one isn't it? I'm which case - I like when things go on fire and John Torode calmly, so calmly, shepherds the contestant to the side and puts the fire out. He seems like a nice man.

colacentral

Tom being a "front of house manager" - didn't he let slip at one point that it was for "a popular chicken restaurant", ie Nando's?

bgmnts

Quote from: colacentral on April 03, 2021, 01:03:54 PM
Tom being a "front of house manager" - didn't he let slip at one point that it was for "a popular chicken restaurant", ie Nando's?

Deffo thought Nandos when he mentioned it offhand yeah.

The Crumb

Fucking hell, just caught up on last night and someone literally made a roast dinner in honour of are Captain Tom.

sevendaughters

Quote from: The Crumb on April 06, 2021, 10:31:06 PM
Fucking hell, just caught up on last night and someone literally made a roast dinner in honour of are Captain Tom.

It looked like 1950 on a plate, the beigest meal possible, beyond the dreams of Findus

Icehaven

Edit: ignore, sorry I thought the final that got bumped last night for dead Phil was up on iplayer but it's not. Boo.

wooders1978

Quote from: icehaven on April 10, 2021, 11:41:31 AM
Edit: ignore, sorry I thought the final that got bumped last night for dead Phil was up on iplayer but it's not. Boo.

Sadly not (why though? Is the bbc making me mourn?) same with great British menu it appears, again, live tv understandable to a point, iPlayer less so..

Jittlebags

Still no transmission time? They've had some right old pap on the telly last few days, must be something they can dump.

Ray Travez

yeah, there was an absolute ton of crap on about some old guy dying; could have shunted an hour of that out of the way

wooders1978

Wednesday at 8pm apparently

wooders1978

Last seasons 3 finalists were light years ahead of this shower

Icehaven

Spoiler alert
I thought it'd be Alexina almost by default as Mike is a bit too traditional and Tom putting Japanese flavours in absolutely everything was a bit one note, but I was wrong.
[close]

Chedney Honks

My least favourite of the three throughout the comp but deserved it for ambition and execution.

sevendaughters

the winner was the best throughout even though i personally wasn't a fan. after the VT of everyone's home life i didn't care much for anyone!

Chedney Honks

I liked the other lad but I find the whole 'nonna' phenomenon makes my balls schlunk back up into my gooch.

sovietrussia

Agreed.  Playing up the whole Italian thing like an Italian equivalent of a Plastic Paddy (Plastic Luigi???).  After his tribute-to-Captain-Tom Sunday dinner in an earlier round he was dead to me.  Despite having nice teeth and looking like a gone-to-seed Tom Daley.

kalowski

I liked Tom. Easily the least arrogant of the three.

thugler

Quote from: kalowski on April 16, 2021, 10:24:43 AM
I liked Tom. Easily the least arrogant of the three.

Yeah, and least posh. The reveal of him working in Nando's massively changed my view of him. When I heard 'restaurant manager' I always feel like it's a cop out and they have already worked in some high end restaurant. But it's just a Newcastle Nandos and his dishes looked most appealing to me, the Oyster starter in particular. Alexina's ultra confidence from the start rubbed me up the wrong way, and other bloke's nonna shit and boring meat and 2 puree dishes was dull.

kalowski

Quote from: thugler on April 16, 2021, 12:27:58 PM
Yeah, and least posh. The reveal of him working in Nando's massively changed my view of him. When I heard 'restaurant manager' I always feel like it's a cop out and they have already worked in some high end restaurant. But it's just a Newcastle Nandos and his dishes looked most appealing to me, the Oyster starter in particular. Alexina's ultra confidence from the start rubbed me up the wrong way, and other bloke's nonna shit and boring meat and 2 puree dishes was dull.
Were my ears deceiving me or did she say, "It's mine to lose"? Cambridge style arrogance there. Oh, she went to Cambridge!

thugler

Quote from: kalowski on April 16, 2021, 12:33:45 PM
Were my ears deceiving me or did she say, "It's mine to lose"? Cambridge style arrogance there. Oh, she went to Cambridge!

Yeah, I'm sure there was a bit in the interview where I'm paraphrasing but she says something like 'I'm extremely confident of winning... well i might as well say it!' Then there was a long pause. I just thought, cunt.

Icehaven

Quote from: kalowski on April 16, 2021, 12:33:45 PM

Yep, which she followed up by saying "...that might sound cocky, but..." with the unspoken implication being "can you blame me?" Yuck.
Her 'fusion' food had the potentially fatal fault of not sounding particular appetising either. It's one thing on Masterchef where you've got a captive audience who have to eat it, and can then talk all about what a pleasant surprise it was that it worked when it didn't sound like it would, but that's not going to win over potential customers reading a menu.