Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:32:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Genghis Tron - Dream Weapon

Started by niat, March 26, 2021, 04:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

niat

After a hiatus of over 10 years, Genghis Tron are back, with a very different sound to the extreme metal/electronic mash-up of old.

New album Dream Weapon is out today and it's fucking great! Their new direction ramps up the synths, introduces a new singer and a real, live drummer and it's an addictive, hypnotic sound.

Pyrocene is my current favourite track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkV78wST1og

lankyguy95

Yeah this is well good. It's all the things you say. Really dynamic, trippy, kind of unhuman. A real escape, sonically.

boki

Really good stuff. Like how there's a bit of a motorik influence coming in there and they haven't totally jettisoned the heaviness.

Gamma Ray

Yeah, all I can do is echo the above posts. Never heard of these guys before but this long player is immediate and will also I think be getting a lot of repeat play. Thanks for the heads up.

Shaky

boki

Quote from: Gamma Ray on March 26, 2021, 11:26:57 PM
Never heard of these guys before but this long player is immediate and will also I think be getting a lot of repeat play.

Their older stuff was a lot noisier and more mathcore-leaning, but they've always had a prominent synth element.