Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:42:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Currys PC World PS5 VIP Pass

Started by Colin Sanction, March 27, 2021, 08:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
https://engage.currys.co.uk/quiz/881628_2345/10017-PS5-VIP-Pass-RYI-Form.html

Sign up and get entered into a raffle to reserve a PS5. If you are drawn out, you get 72 hours to reply to the email with a given code.

I signed up when it was announced, a couple of weeks later I got a "Better luck next time" email but on Thursday i got a "We've managed to reserve a PS5 for you". The follow up states Currys PC World will endeavour to call you within 7 working days with details of your local store to purchase a PS5.

Anyone else signed up for this? Have you been successful? How long did it take for them to be in touch?

druss

Sounds legit, maybe they put the endeavour thing there in case it takes them a few days longer. Looks like you have one though, congrats!

After months fruitlessly checking stock every morning I decided to spend a couple of quid on an app that gives stock alerts as soon as they're in stock because if you don't get to a site selling them within the first minute (or in some cases the first few seconds) then you've no chance at most places. Got an alert from Argos in the middle of the night and managed to bag one a few weeks ago. If you're spending 450 quid then an extra couple of quid on an app is worth it (this is more for anyone else trying to get one as sounds like you're sorted now).

Edit: Just realised "sounds legit" is usually said when something doesn't sound legit, but it really does sound legit.

oustropique

Beyond paying for an app to get lucky in the short term, registering your interest on Currys or literally any site you've heard of seems to be the way to go if you have the patience. I registered interest on a bunch of sites before Christmas and one came through the other week (literally around the same time Curry's sent a 'better luck next time' e-mail.) They just sent me bundle checkout links that weren't publicised on the main page. That's more 'first come first served' than a raffle, so if you're willing to wait, you'll definitely get one.

Quick update. Got an email from Curry's earlier advising what bundles were available and what time was best to call. The choices were somewhat limited -

Digital PS5 with 12 Month PS Plus & £20 Playstation wallet - £429
Original PS5 with 12 Month PS Plus & £20 Playstation wallet - £519

Within a couple of hours of the first email, I've paid and it should be here in the next day or two.

Chedney Honks

Brilliant deal if you you didn't have a PS4. The PS+ Collection (twenty games) on the PS5 is better than the entire Game Pass library. If you did, and already played them all, still congrats on getting one!

druss

Congrats!

Also I've only just found out about this playstation pass collection after reading your post, Chedney. Is there a time limit on this? Seems too good to be true (although I have a few of the games, naturally).

Timothy

Claim them and you own them and can download them as long as you have an active PS PLUS subscription.

Pinball

So when are PS5 and Xbox series X going to be available? I've given up checking on them now TBH.

madhair60

Quote from: Chedney Honks on March 29, 2021, 07:52:05 PM
The PS+ Collection (twenty games) on the PS5 is better than the entire Game Pass library.

yeah definitely if you like AAA

All delivered.

I can't praise Currys enough, the service has been immaculate.

madhair60

snagged one on Amazon this morning. Demon's Souls coming. Genuinely can't wait to throw my PS4 onto a shitty landfill

Tokyo van Ramming

Quote from: madhair60 on March 30, 2021, 10:18:10 AM
Genuinely can't wait to throw my PS4 onto a shitty landfill

If you put it outside, plug it in and take its case off it'll pull apart your home if you load up Overcooked 2 or something.

Pinball

Quote from: madhair60 on March 30, 2021, 10:18:10 AM
snagged one on Amazon this morning. Demon's Souls coming. Genuinely can't wait to throw my PS4 onto a shitty landfill
How? I never get an update from them.

madhair60

Quote from: Pinball on March 31, 2021, 12:25:19 AM
How? I never get an update from them.

Followed some stock checkers on twitter and got lucky. Put it on your wishlist and add it to the basket from there when it becomes available then check out as fast as possible