Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:45:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I wonder if anyone in the UK has never heard of covid

Started by Replies From View, March 27, 2021, 01:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Trying to imagine whether it is possible for anyone living within the UK to have never heard of the covids.  Socially isolated, no internet / news updates, only visiting food shops where there's no rule signage on the door or staff mentioning it.  What do you reckon?

BlodwynPig

Perhaps there are some hermitian farmers in the far north.

El Unicornio, mang

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lockdown-partygoers-tell-police-theyre-23340423

QuoteThe tweet said: "Officers attended address in Basingstoke following several reports of a party at an address, and breaching lockdown guidelines," the social media page said.

"The occupants were spoken to and claimed to be unaware of the global pandemic, as they never watch the news!"

Fambo Number Mive

Even if they had all their food delivered for the party, they must have noticed the delivery person wearing a mask. They had to be talking bollocks.

El Unicornio, mang

Definitely talking bollocks, even taking into account people who are seriously cut off from everything that's happening in the world. "Hey those face masks are really fashionable these days, everyone's wearing them!"

Dex Sawash

idunnosomename

babies, senile people, people in comas, dead people, very stupid people, Graham Linehan

Pranet

Maybe a victim of people trafficking, held in an underground cannabis factory or in an outbuilding on a remote farm. There's a cheery thought.

Bazooka

Quote from: Pranet on March 27, 2021, 03:39:22 PM
Maybe a victim of people trafficking, held in an underground cannabis factory or in an outbuilding on a remote farm. There's a cheery thought.

If you go on the Missing Persons UK website I'm pretty certain the majority of individuals on there are in that line of work.

PaulTMA

C_Larence

There was a story recently about a young man who was coming out of a coma and didn't know about the pandemic. The story was framed as if he'd been in it since pre-covid and that he had to have it explained to him, but in actuality he'd been hit by a car months into the pandemic and probably couldn't remember anything at all, let alone coronavirus (which iirc he'd contracted 3 separate times).

Hope this answers your question

vanilla.coffee

There's an elderly lady walks the streets and alleyways of my village. Wanders about at all hours day or night. Same old red coat, dirty - musty old lady. She does not speak to anyone and cuts a sad lonely figure. I'm told she's not the fastest greyhound out of the traps.
Lives alone in a house that stands out from the rest in that there's no double glazing, front garden overgrown and clearly a hoarder from the trash up the side of the property and what can be seen through the front window.
Buys her daily groceries from the corner shop and never wears a mask. 
So I wonder if she knows about the Covids? Possible not I dunno.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The Pearly Kings are dimly aware something is going on but still at 'some ol' nonsense claptrap or other'.

Icehaven

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on March 27, 2021, 02:39:59 PM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lockdown-partygoers-tell-police-theyre-23340423

The tweet said: "Officers attended address in Basingstoke following several reports of a party at an address, and breaching lockdown guidelines," the social media page said.

Quote"The occupants were spoken to and claimed to be unaware of the global pandemic, as they never watch the news!"

That's the kind of facetiousness that'll guarantee you having the book thrown at you even harder, plod aren't exactly known for tolerating pisstakers at the best of times. You can just picture them planning it, "It's OK because what you do is, if the police come round you just tell them you've never heard of Covid or any restrictions, then they can't do anything because they can't prove that you have. My friend's brother's mate did it and it totally worked."

timebug

I had been self isolating for a fornight during first lockdown,when my mate Colin rang me. He is well known among our friends for not watching the news or keeping up with things. He asked me if  I had heard of this disease thing that may be some kind of threat...'
Not joking. He lives his life that way.

George Oscar Bluth II

Yeah I'll second the "people being held in remote farm outbuildings by gangs to tend cannabis farms" shout, Graham Linehan of course, but apart from that it's hard to imagine isn't it. Everyone has to go to the shops at some point.