Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:57:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is the McVities Gold bar a minor confection?

Started by Bernice, March 28, 2021, 05:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poobum

Haven't had a Time Out in years, apparently they still make them, great fun dismantling the layers.

Always annoys me how dispersed Starbars are, they should be ubiquitous. Also sad that the matcha kit-kat didn't become a permanent fixture, seems it's gone the same way as the mint twix.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on April 04, 2021, 02:29:59 AM
In films when a cowboy type goes into a saloon and says "Give me a bourbon" I imagine the barman getting a pack of biscuits from off the shelf behind the bar and offering the cowboy one, and his reply is "Leave the packet!"

Ha - I have a similar imagined thing of someone going into a pub and asking for a pint of Tetley's, and being given a delicious steaming pint of tea. A Tetley's with a bourbon chaser would be a lovely tea and biscuits.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Replies From View on April 04, 2021, 07:25:06 AM
- Our biscuit tin at home had all the usual Clubs, Trios and Penguins in it.

I'm sorry your majesty I didn't know one needed to be wearing a top hat in order to read this thread.

Replies From View

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on April 04, 2021, 02:20:40 PM
I'm sorry your majesty I didn't know one needed to be wearing a top hat in order to read this thread.

Are tins a posh thing now?  It was a rusty thing that we had around and used because buying a load of Tupperware (like millennials use) would have cost money.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Replies From View on April 04, 2021, 03:31:18 PM
Are tins a posh thing now?  It was a rusty thing that we had around and used because buying a load of Tupperware (like millennials use) would have cost money.

Having name make wrapped biscuits in the tin like they were just any old bollocks was def To The Manor Born in my memory.

Replies From View

You wouldn't want to have unwrapped biscuits in that rusty tin mate, trust me.

Having them all in one place was better than having wrappers all sliding around and being a dick.  Where are the Trios?  Easy - check the biscuit tin.  Where's the Bitter Lemons?  Biscuit tin mate.

Biscuit tin.  Done.

This was you:  AAAARRRRGGGH FUCKIN HELL SOME TOSSER HAS MOVED THE CLUB FRUITS WHERE COULD THEY HAVE EVER GONE

and then you find them one day years later all melted with the Duplo because you weren't allowed small bricks.

Video Game Fan 2000

why would you take them old the multipack in the first place

"oh I'll just have a biscuit no wait these clearly chocolate bars and I have to unwrap them"

Video Game Fan 2000

viscounts i can understand but trios? That's not real

why not mars bars and a box of black magic while you're fucking at it Jeffrey Archer

easter eggs? biscuit tin

Sebastian Cobb

Round one of my mates they kept their chocolate bars in the fridge salad drawer, full to the brim it was. Sounds luxurious but it's really a bit common isn't it?

Video Game Fan 2000

Fancy a biscuit, Tom and Barbara? *offering after eights*

markburgle

This thread has inspired me to give the Caramac another chance, if I can find one. They were always one of the few chocolate bars I actively disliked, always seemed to have a slightly chalky/gritty texture to them. And the comparison between them and the Gold bar coating is bang out of order, a slander upon the latter if you ask me.

But that is kid me talking cos I haven't had one for a good 20 years. I'll see if greater life experience and wisdom exposes that viewpoint as folly, or reinforces it

mothman

Tag: Replies' Malcolm In The Middle spec script finally sees light of day

Replies From View

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on April 04, 2021, 06:38:33 PM
why would you take them old the multipack in the first place

"oh I'll just have a biscuit no wait these clearly chocolate bars and I have to unwrap them"

Because there is a tin for them to go in or you can fill up extra shelf space with a superfluous lopsided polythene sheath that slides around everywhere, bringing stress and grief

No doubt in your household you had loads of penguin multipacks slipping down the backs of bookcases and things, where they had to remain forever seated against the wall.  Not in ours!  We had an old cylindrical tin with a firm lid!

Video Game Fan 2000

Oddly enough, our biscuit barrel had rich teas, coconut rings, bourbons and malted milks with a couple of offmark viscounts at the bottom.

Unlike yours which was apparently filled with unwrapped trios and clubs, loose revels, smashed easter eggs and turkish delight

Video Game Fan 2000

Video Game Fan 2000

Went on for ages after high noon because their stubby little wings couldn't reach their holsters.

Kankurette

My brother gave me a box of chocolate bars. They're in the fridge. I should get a biscuit tin.

Brian Freeze

I wrote a letter complaining about the poor quality of jokes on Penguins and got two 20p vouchers for my troubles.

I genuinely was around 28 at the time.

Not eaten the fuckers since.

Replies From View

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on April 05, 2021, 06:33:24 PM
Oddly enough, our biscuit barrel had rich teas, coconut rings, bourbons and malted milks with a couple of offmark viscounts at the bottom.

Unlike yours which was apparently filled with unwrapped trios and clubs, loose revels, smashed easter eggs and turkish delight

It was rusty to fuck, mate.  Why would you want to have all your unwrapped rich teas and coconut rings against all that rust?

Also they come in multipack wrappers - why not just leave them in those and let them slide around everywhere to QUOTE YOUR OWN ARGUMENT FROM EARLIER

Replies From View

Quote from: Brian Freeze on April 05, 2021, 07:42:28 PM
I wrote a letter complaining about the poor quality of jokes on Penguins and got two 20p vouchers for my troubles.

I genuinely was around 28 at the time.

Not eaten the fuckers since.

Penguins are just bourbons aren't they, except with all chocolate on them.  Every Penguin is an act of reverse engineering; most fascinating too.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Replies From View on April 05, 2021, 07:48:11 PM
It was rusty to fuck, mate.  Why would you want to have all your unwrapped rich teas and coconut rings against all that rust?

Also they come in multipack wrappers - why not just leave them in those and let them slide around everywhere to QUOTE YOUR OWN ARGUMENT FROM EARLIER

Where are you buying individually wrapped rich tea biscuits, harrods? there won't be a planet left

Butchers Blind

Not the biscuit tin. Always pink wafers in the bottom that never get eaten.

Replies From View

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on April 05, 2021, 08:35:07 PM
Where are you buying individually wrapped rich tea biscuits, harrods? there won't be a planet left

there aren't rich tea biscuits in my biscuit tin are there

you're the one who wants them scraping around in some rust

Video Game Fan 2000

wasnt any room for biscuits after you lunatics filled it with unwrapped wagon wheels

steve98

Why did they name Penguins after the penguin when they have nothing at all in common?

markburgle

Quote from: steve98 on April 05, 2021, 11:07:37 PM
Why did they name Penguins after the penguin when they have nothing at all in common?

That's nothing, try bludgeoning someone to death with a Club.

Replies From View

Whenever there's a snack gap,
Spoiler alert
your dad
[close]
!!!

Those were the days, right

Video Game Fan 2000

If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuits, [you are a homosexual or you have a learning disability]!