Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:05:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Northern Independence Party

Started by king_tubby, March 29, 2021, 09:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Hang on, they're claiming he's anti-semitic because he blocked them on fundamental Human Right that is Twitter?

Fuck these goggle eyed loonies. Hate them

Kankurette

Oh great, now when Jews actually do experience left-wing antisemitism we're just going to be accused of lying again, thanks to these twats. Really not helping.

NIP aren't running in Manchester.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kankurette on April 05, 2021, 08:43:15 AM
Oh great, now when Jews actually do experience left-wing antisemitism we're just going to be accused of lying again, thanks to these twats. Really not helping.

I suspect its "friends of Israel" rather than actual Jewish people stirring this pot?

Buelligan

Yeah, the sad thing is, as Kankurette says, it doesn't really make much difference who starts this vile stuff off, it still promotes aggression, feelings of mistrust and alienation.  It's designed to divide us.  All very negative - and tbh, unless you've watched this lot in action over time, it's really easy to take some of what they do at face value - if you're not aware of the context and history. 

A bit like TERF Wars - I mean, speaking as a feminist and a woman who's suffered male violence, it's easy to get sucked into sympathising with these cunts - safe spaces for vulnerable women, what's not to like? 

This is the horror that is the weaponisation of hate crimes.  IMO, a hate crime in itself.

BlodwynPig

Watch cart narcs to see how it filters down to all aspects of society.

The Dog

Stayed up all night working on this, think I found a subtle flaw:

If my theory is correct, then the NIP must be stopped before it is too late.

Buelligan

I think it's actually worse than you fear

n/s ~ ne,n,nw/se,s,sw + ne,n,nw/se,s,sw∞r or something.  Could mean the end of everything.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on April 05, 2021, 10:23:46 AM
I think it's actually worse than you fear

n/s ~ ne,n,nw/se,s,sw + ne,n,nw/se,s,sw∞r or something.  Could mean the end of everything.

Heads, shoulders, knees and Goves, knees and Goves.

The Dog

Yes, this is all very serious indeed.

Kankurette

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 05, 2021, 09:25:01 AM
I suspect its "friends of Israel" rather than actual Jewish people stirring this pot?
Even if it is, we'll still get blamed.

Before anyone asks, I don't think the NIP is antisemitic, mainly because I haven't seen anything to suggest they might be. I'm more worried about Reform UK, tbh.

Buelligan

I feel your concern, absolutely and I don't think you're completely wrong, these things always have a nasty way of filtering into the culture without being seen for what they are.  But I believe and hope that, because this is not the first time these same individuals have used this same tactic, many more people will see it for what it is (and see those specific people pushing it as acting in bad faith).

Also, I think, there are already intelligent brave people, who are not affiliated to NIP and are Jews, standing up and saying what they see.  Solidarity is a beautiful thing.

https://twitter.com/RivkahBrown/status/1378824620845989891

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kankurette on April 05, 2021, 11:43:18 AM
Even if it is, we'll still get blamed.

Before anyone asks, I don't think the NIP is antisemitic, mainly because I haven't seen anything to suggest they might be. I'm more worried about Reform UK, tbh.

Then it is all our jobs to stamp the false actors of anti-semitism into the dust, metaphorically. The true anti-semites will have to come out into the daylight, then.

Theremin

Probably going to chuck these mad bastards some cash just for one of the bomber jackets:

https://twitter.com/FreeNorthNow/status/1378724668165795844?s=20

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Theremin on April 05, 2021, 02:20:55 PM
Probably going to chuck these mad bastards some cash just for one of the bomber jackets:

https://twitter.com/FreeNorthNow/status/1378724668165795844?s=20

Grabbing me one of them.

Theremin

pigamus

Hope all the cool kids buy their stuff and they become a thing.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pigamus on April 05, 2021, 02:43:52 PM
Hope all the cool kids buy their stuff and they become a thing.

Don't be afraid. Big tent politics has arrived.

Buelligan

Wow, just saw this linked by Shoulders in the Labour thread.

QuoteThe purge of left-wing Labour members continues. Andrea Bradley - the former candidate for Bentley and Darlaston - has been deselected despite being democratically elected by her local branch in September 2019.

Andrea, a Momentum member and supporter of former party leader Jeremy Corbyn received an email from Labours West Midlands Regional Office, telling her a complaint that had been made regarding the original selection had been upheld. A short selection process then took place without the knowledge of the local branch, Constituency Labour Party or Local Campaign Forum. The democratic decision of the branch was then overturned by Region in favour of the incumbent sitting councillor Angela Underhill.

Just a month ago, the official Labour Party website was advertising for volunteers to phonebank for Andrea...

Andrea has told The Prole Star she believes it was done at short notice to prevent her from taking legal action. She also believes that a senior local figure - who she didn't want to name at this stage - was the instigator. Stating "There is more I could say about this but can't say more as I am fearful of further punitive action, which might follow."

Andrea had spent the last 18 months campaigning, which included the distribution of thousands of leaflets and knocking on hundreds of doors. And had even gone part-time at work so she could commit more time.

Andrea believes that the basis of it all was her Momentum membership and that she is a supporter of former leader Jeremy Corbyn.

In a Facebook post which has been widely shared Andrea Wrote "This whole saga shows the complete contempt with which our membership is treated. The total disregard for democracy."

A Facebook user commented "It's things like what's happened to Andrea Bradley that made me leave the Labour Party after 40 years of campaigning. They won't be getting my vote at the next election that's for sure. The Northern Independence Party get my vote."

https://www.prole-star.co.uk/single-post/labour-officials-purge-yet-another-elected-left-candidate

Buelligan

Quote from: Buelligan on March 29, 2021, 01:12:57 PM
How many of those 40K joined in the last month or so, that's the interesting bit.

53K now, so that's 13K more in eight days.  Interesting.

king_tubby

Buelligan

That's gas.  Like this one, another slight that they've embraced, too - maybe because I love whippets and horses.  But I love their good natured self-deprecating humour, they will not be humiliated. 

king_tubby

The Man riding the blue and red horses there, but the whippet runs free.

BlodwynPig

Kankurette

Buelligan

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 06, 2021, 10:28:40 PM
SIP? Rivals or party in arms?

Think they're an homage/joke but I haven't bothered reading too much on their twitting because they didn't come across as more than a stolid parody.  Obvs fine but there's only so much of that you can take (not much) if it's not spiced with wit, before you go off and read something genuinely amusing or interesting.

king_tubby

Boo! The Electoral Commission didn't register them in time.

Hooray! Thelma Walker is on the ballot as a 'Northern Independent'

idunnosomename

lmao

https://twitter.com/FreeNorthNow/status/1380272658235879424

i love a meme when it comes from a great performer doing a genuinely funny gag

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: king_tubby on April 08, 2021, 08:47:56 PM
Boo! The Electoral Commission didn't register them in time.

Hooray! Thelma Walker is on the ballot as a 'Northern Independent'

FFS