Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:59:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Northern Independence Party

Started by king_tubby, March 29, 2021, 09:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

I guess they lost their deposit then

Buelligan

Yeah, they needed to get 5% of votes to keep it.  £500 gone.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Buelligan on April 27, 2021, 09:11:07 PM
My feeling (and I may well have felt it wrong) was this is a gentle, almost imperceptible, therapeutic phlebotomy, designed to draw blood softly from both Labour and UKIP. 

IMO, people who are going to vote NIP for reasons already know why, they don't need stirring up, they're plenty angry enough already and they know exactly why.  But there are people, who maybe voted Labour or UKIP last time that definitely don't need alarming or challenging, they could run the wrong way, they need to be gently peeled up and stuck down somewhere better, somewhere where their votes can do something that improves life for them.  That's what that was about.  That's what I felt. 

Know what else UKIP had? Billions and billions of pounds from powerful, influential people in politics and the media. Putting a stupid hat on was a cause of that insouciance, not a winning strategy.

peanutbutter

Yeah, UKIP's money meant it could easily weather doing shite for an extended period, easy to remain motivated when it's just a massive grift for most involved. I think there's some value in a kind of northern alignment, and it has some potential, but we're looking at years of councils going Tory to get a quick (but ever decreasing) cash injection until that approach becomes exhausted.

pancreas

Pick yourself up, dust yourself down, get back in the saddle. Consider trying to pull yourself together.

Difficult to run a people-powered campaign in a pandemic. I should have driven down to Hartlepool to help. Whatever. It was a practice run.

Buelligan

Exactly this ^. 

Quote from: Paul Calf on May 07, 2021, 12:03:15 PM
Know what else UKIP had? Billions and billions of pounds from powerful, influential people in politics and the media. Putting a stupid hat on was a cause of that insouciance, not a winning strategy.

Quote from: Buelligan on May 07, 2021, 10:38:05 AM
Like I said, UKIP polled 0.2% in their first GE and that was with a great deal more money and a registered party.

No one said it would be easy.

chveik

Quote from: Bernice on May 07, 2021, 09:07:36 AM
Can't believe Hartlepudlians aren't more into Twitter shitposts.

that is something to take into account, twitter engagement never really reflects reality

The Lurker

Only two more votes than convicted sex offender Chris Killick also

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chveik on May 07, 2021, 03:17:26 PM
that is something to take into account, twitter engagement never really reflects reality

That way dull headed complicity lies.

Not very progressive minded to aspire to the bottom rung

Blue Jam

Kankurette

UKIP also ran nationwide, not just in the northeast.

Buelligan

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 08, 2021, 04:09:40 PM
jeez

You have a problem with me clearly.  Why not either engage, deal with it or ignore me?

Do you want to clear the air Blue Jam?  If not, please stop.  Thank you.

Blue Jam

Not really Buellers, don't worry about it. You might want to start being a bit nicer to everyone else though. Shoulders in particular.

Buelligan

Pretty dishonest, that.  This is personal.  You've been sniping at me for ages.  I've been ignoring it.  Can't ignore it forever.  Talk about it or stop it.

Blue Jam

There's no point in talking to you about anything though.

Buelligan

If there's no point in talking to me, ignore me.  Sticking pins in me is a dumb thing to do if you don't want to talk to me.

Blue Jam

Buelligan

I do, mostly.  When you have a bitch at me, I mostly ignore you.  I'm addressing it now because you might want to stop.  I want you to stop. 

Blue Jam

Buelligan

Don't be a cunt about this Blue Jam.  I've asked you nicely, no need to edit stuff to spin some kind of nastiness.  If you want a fight, just say so.

Blue Jam

BlodwynPig

My two favourite posters. Settle. It's alright to be scratchy and itchy sometimes.

pancreas

Ah the voice of calm wafts in. We are in safe hands.

BlodwynPig

pigamus

I was shocked at how few votes she got to be honest. She didn't deserve to be humiliated like that. I hope they bounce back.

monkfromhavana

Honestly, both of you. This kind of aggression is the reason that so few men are joining the forum.

king_tubby

Phil's just announced he's suing a celebrity for calling him an antisemite.

GET 'EM