Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:55:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New My Bloody Valentine?

Started by holyzombiejesus, March 29, 2021, 07:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

listened to everything already including m b v for the first time in years (didn't like it on release).

the extended plays all in one collection is brilliant value and i reckon if you were going to punt on one, i'd say that.

isn't anything and loveless remain really good albums that i don't quite love.

m b v remains a curate's egg though better than i remembered.

apparently it is all sold out now! kevin you've done it again.

wosl

Sounds like there's a rabid scrabble going on to get hold of the deluxe vinyls.  Presumably the CD versions aren't going to be any different from the ones that were released back when 'm b v' came out?

holyzombiejesus

It's a bit bad how they have to pimp up the mbv reissue by adding "a set of 5 card "artwork" prints (264mm x 264mm) in re-sealable plastic sleeve".

Loveless definitely seems to be outselling Isn't Anything. Seen the analogue version of the latter in a few places but no sign of Loveless since about lunchtime.

buntyman

Juno records seems to still have them all in stock if anyone's on the hunt (https://www.juno.co.uk/products/my-bloody-valentine-loveless-deluxe/821851-01/). Was hoping that there would be something new announced but maybe in a few months after they've milked the reissues for all they're worth.

Spiteface

They're essentially the same as the reissues from a few years ago, though, right? No other "bonus" stuff?

Really cannot be arsed with vinyl. Mainly because I don't have a turntable, but I've never seen the point.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: buntyman on March 31, 2021, 09:34:47 PM
Juno records seems to still have them all in stock if anyone's on the hunt (https://www.juno.co.uk/products/my-bloody-valentine-loveless-deluxe/821851-01/). Was hoping that there would be something new announced but maybe in a few months after they've milked the reissues for all they're worth.

cheers, just got a copy of Loveless, once the postage is factored in it's cheaper than the official site anyway so thanks for that!

don't get charged til they ship, so I may just preorder the other two. fuck I'm going to hate myself in May. can always cancel it when I wake up panicking tomorrow

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Pauline Walnuts

Master, sir, I heard Badmin talking about Glitches. I've been wondering, what are midichlorians Is Glitch king??

VelourSpirit

I can't believe it's already been nearly three years since the last time Shields was promising new stuff! Glad it's still meant to be two albums.
I'd love him to just record these properly:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdRQu-SnstP/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdRFO3Bl3bf/

lankyguy95

I've played Lose My Breath at least ten times in the last day. I think that song might beat out anything on Loveless. So good.

Spiteface

I can't think of anywhere else to put this, so here you go. A soundboard recording of My Bloody Valentine from 1989:

https://youtu.be/jfNki8XTw5U

Goldentony

just read that the bass on the famous one was recorded on one of those headless 80s Sly & Robbie basses, is that right?

Hundhoon

My Bloody Valentine, Vancouver, June 1992, is one of the best bootlegs I have ever heard.
I never got into Loveless but it was this  bootleg that made me check out Isnt Anything and that really got me into them. Loveless sounds really over produced,  the songs sound immeasurably better in a live setting, here, more ackin to Isnt Anything. The volume is unreal..I dont think it would actually be allowed now.

Epic Bisto

Quote from: Spiteface on April 01, 2021, 01:53:12 PM
I can't think of anywhere else to put this, so here you go. A soundboard recording of My Bloody Valentine from 1989:

PHWOARRR!!!  The sound quality is excellent and they kick the set off with a killer version of my fave MBV tune.  Thanks for sharing that.

Tokyo van Ramming

Quote from: Spiteface on April 01, 2021, 01:53:12 PM

Thanks for this! I never really got on with the records. Annoyed to realise now that of course a live show would be the best way to hear them! Unless you were actually there probably.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Hey just a heads up to anyone who pre-ordered any of the reissues from Juno Records, in case you didn't get the email (I didn't) all the preorders have been cancelled as they couldn't get the stock apparently. I only found out when I went to double check just how much I was going to get charged when they shipped and found i won't be getting them at all haha

Not too bummed personally since there'll be more pressed and for now this has saved me 85 quid which looks fucking shocking on paper for 3 albums!!

holyzombiejesus

Really liked this story from the Isn't Anything listening party tonight...

QuoteColm

One early evening we were in the studio in Wales and Kevin was working on a guitar sound ... playing quite loud and using the tremolo arm making sounds a bit like a cow mooing...

as he was playing it the sound got bigger and seemed to surround us ... then we realised that the cows in the field next to us were coming to honour their guru... we could hear them starting to surround the studio...

Kevin kept going and they were starting to go mental.. engineer Dave Anderson came running over to save us thinking we didn't know what was going on .... not sure how many cows ... 20-30 ... it was getting a bit scary though

I never engage with those parties but I just read the MBV one back and it's pretty good. The MBV twitter feed also has a nice (very short) video of Loveless being pressed.

Waking Life

I've 'listened' to quite a few of Tim's Twitter listening parties on catch-up and they are effective as a focused listen, as well as getting a lot of interesting trivia (depending who they get from the band). A lot of the albums I'm not interested in, but there have been so many that the catalogue is now pretty deep.

Didn't know about MBV (is it just Colm?) so will catch up at some point.

Spiteface

Quote from: Waking Life on May 16, 2021, 09:33:21 AM
I've 'listened' to quite a few of Tim's Twitter listening parties on catch-up and they are effective as a focused listen, as well as getting a lot of interesting trivia (depending who they get from the band). A lot of the albums I'm not interested in, but there have been so many that the catalogue is now pretty deep.

Didn't know about MBV (is it just Colm?) so will catch up at some point.

Kevin and Bilinda were also taking part. It was really good to read all the stuff they were posting, and a few photos from the era.

I hope this leads to the same for Loveless.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Spiteface on May 16, 2021, 11:30:14 AM
Kevin and Bilinda were also taking part. It was really good to read all the stuff they were posting, and a few photos from the era.

I hope this leads to the same for Loveless.

tonight apparently for the 30th anniversary.

pricey Loveless prints up now, i like the cover but not sure I'd spend that sort of money.

and am I a cheapskate/grubby little poor person for saying they can fuck right off selling this for £144??

Retinend

it literally just looks like a stained shirt

Rich Uncle Skeleton

ha exactly...could put on a shirt and walk through a garage and save some money

Chicory

Pedant Twitter has been shitting its pants all morning about how the album was released on 11/11/91, not 04/11.

imitationleather

Surely anyone interested in and able to afford that shirt is going to be far too old and rotund to pull the look off. They will just look like they've fallen on hard times and now live in some bushes.

GoblinAhFuckScary

anyone buying that will look impossibly lame

the science eel

Quote from: Chicory on November 04, 2021, 12:04:51 PM
Pedant Twitter has been shitting its pants all morning about how the album was released on 11/11/91, not 04/11.

oh CHICORY! love the avatar

I remember very well Mark Radcliffe playing 'Slacker Shanty'! and I still LUV it

The Mollusk

Loveless is so rainbow rhythms but literally every bit of insane overhype and piddle like that fucking shirt up there is so not rainbow rhythms.