Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:40:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL CAB!

Started by turnstyle, March 29, 2021, 09:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry Badger

Quote from: Jockice on April 02, 2021, 11:02:43 AM
Special kudos to whoever did the 'stairways, here we come' one.

It's 'Some Stairs Are Steeper Than Others' for me, Clive.

Ferris

Quote from: Jockice on April 02, 2021, 11:02:43 AM
Fantastic. Special kudos to whoever did the 'Stairways, Here We Come' one.

Stretch Out and Wait (For Rescue)

bakabaka

My favourites were the annuals that were done a couple of times to raise funds for hosting CaB.

First one (Xmas 2011) https://www.dropbox.com/s/9p598lxa4p89g7u/CaB-eAnnual.pdf?dl=0

Second one (Xmas 2012) https://www.dropbox.com/s/23g4rkk4l16xssb/CaBannual2.pdf?dl=0
[both just under 150Mb]

Though the best parts were in the thread about the second one after it was released.
They were sent out late one night and a few members decided to read them on tablets/laptops on their commute in to work the next morning, blissfully unaware that you can embed audio files into a pdf...

Dex Sawash

Retinend

Quote from: bakabaka on April 02, 2021, 11:45:50 AM
My favourites were the annuals that were done a couple of times to raise funds for hosting CaB.

First one (Xmas 2011) https://www.dropbox.com/s/9p598lxa4p89g7u/CaB-eAnnual.pdf?dl=0

Second one (Xmas 2012) https://www.dropbox.com/s/23g4rkk4l16xssb/CaBannual2.pdf?dl=0
[both just under 150Mb]

Though the best parts were in the thread about the second one after it was released.
They were sent out late one night and a few members decided to read them on tablets/laptops on their commute in to work the next morning, blissfully unaware that you can embed audio files into a pdf...

I have one which has Gervais as a pig on the front cover. What about that one?

bgmnts

I've only been here a couple of years but yeah the one where a lad drunkenly sent a girl he fancied a picture of his shoes, nagsworth's demonic wall drawing and there was a Wimblewrong post with the Queen that actually shocked me and made me laugh until I was on the verge of death.

bakabaka

Quote from: Retinend on April 02, 2021, 12:38:44 PM
I have one which has Gervais as a pig on the front cover. What about that one?
That was the first one. I don't remember why the cover didn't end up as part of the pdf version.

Retinend

haha that's it - so many memes have come and gone. I recognize sexy belly dancing lady, but who is the policeman? too pixelated. The redheaded boy with the doobie is supposed to be Neil, right?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The policeman's Arthur Bostrom, I think.

Replies From View

There was a post on CaB years ago by someone saying that for one of his birthdays he got a giant parcel from some friends; he was excited all day about opening and inside it was a kebab that they'd sent him and had gone rotten during delivery.

Tried to find it using a Google search but it's not coming up.  It's possible that the mental image was stronger in my mind than the post itself, but there you are.

daf

Dex Sawash

I'm certain The Jacket Potato Story would belong in this thread.

JamesTC

Quote from: Replies From View on April 05, 2021, 06:47:01 PM
There was a post on CaB years ago by someone saying that for one of his birthdays he got a giant parcel from some friends; he was excited all day about opening and inside it was a kebab that they'd sent him and had gone rotten during delivery.

Tried to find it using a Google search but it's not coming up.  It's possible that the mental image was stronger in my mind than the post itself, but there you are.

Found it:
Quote from: momatt on December 14, 2011, 03:02:07 PM
You've reminded me about a fantastic birthday present I once got!

A few years ago, in the morning rush getting ready for work, I noticed a birthday parcel waiting on the doorstep.  It must have been there for a couple of days as it was hidden under a few other things.  I hurriedly stuffed in my bag so I could look at it properly at work.  I was fairly big and looked quite exciting.

I of course forgot all about it until I received a phonecall at midday from an over-excited friend, wondering if I'd opened his gift yet.  I subsequently opened the beautifully wrapped parcel to discover a large portion of rancid chips with a large sweaty doner kebab with extra chilli sauce.
It smelt (and looked) like deep-fried roadkill that has been buried for a few weeks and unearthed by a dog.
I immediately called back the friend, called him a dick and hung up.

Apparently two of my friends had been on a big night out that I couldn't make, and when getting themselves some late-night drunken sustenance thought they'd get me some too.
Then to post it a few hundred miles.  The dicks.

So it's simultaneously the most disgusting and the sweetest present I've ever got.

Replies From View

Dex Sawash

What is origin of 'was good as Ollie in the thick of it'
(I am familiar with The Thick Of It and Ollie)

Replies From View

Another randomly remembered post from the past:

Boris Johnson ends up tangling himself up in one of the Barclay Boris bikes in such a way that it can't be removed without killing him, then he travels on one of the new Routemasters, but gets stuck on the staircase because of the bike, and he is told that he can't be removed from the staircase without it killing him.  And the staircase smells weird.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Dex Sawash on April 05, 2021, 08:28:51 PM
What is origin of 'was good as Ollie in the thick of it'
(I am familiar with The Thick Of It and Ollie)

Dredging my memory, it was from a thread that was critical of something Chris Addison had said or done. The only spin-off I can recall was from a thread about the skater Tony Hawk- "I liked him doing an Olly" or something.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Dex Sawash on April 05, 2021, 07:05:32 PM
I'm certain The Jacket Potato Story would belong in this thread.

An absolute corker; just left you wanting more