Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:23:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Haircuts in lockdown

Started by Dusty Substance, March 30, 2021, 02:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flotemysost

Been cutting it myself since the first lockdown, currently rocking a shoulder-length bob. My dad said it looks "quite French", which I'm going to assume is a good thing, but I fear I'm mere weeks away from Cardinal Wolsey.

Toying with the idea of bleaching it at home, but I worry I'll be that person who suffers a rare but fatal allergic reaction and then whoever's tasked with identifying the body will be distracted by how shit my hair looks.

Cuellar

I was thinking of dying it some colour or other - cutting it short and doing that. But I'm probably too old for all that now (33).

flotemysost

Nah, I'll be 32 this year and I was planning on going for a pastel shade after stripping out the colour, if I survive that (the bleaching, not turning 32). True, people at work might think I'm having some sort of existential crisis, and they'd be correct, but dying my hair weird colours isn't a symptom of that. Go for it. Surprise everyone on your next Zoom call. Jazz up your mask-clad visage for your fellow shoppers.

In fact the last time I had kOoKy hair (magenta) was just before I turned 30, so in hindsight annoyingly everyone probably thought I was going through a breakdown then as well. I mean I sort of was tbf, ah well.

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Cuellar on March 31, 2021, 07:47:55 PM
I was thinking of dying it some colour or other - cutting it short and doing that. But I'm probably too old for all that now (33).

Do it or you'll only regret it another day. 33 is the new 23!

Midas

Quote from: flotemysost on March 31, 2021, 06:55:32 PM
My dad said it looks "quite French", which I'm going to assume is a good thing

When I was cutting my own hair last year at one point I remember my Dad gave me an idiotic grin and said 'Perhaps we should've named you Jean-Claude instead.'

I've never dyed my hair. Despite it currently looking like a tangled, uneven mess I'm mostly happy with my Chocolate Brown™ head-lawn but occasionally I slip into the abyss when a few wispy strands of grey make their prescence known, serving as a constant reminder of the long sleep yet to come.

Je refuse de vieillir!

Pinball

An tSaoi

Tommy Wiseau dyes his own hair and he looks good, doesn't he?

Egyptian Feast

I decided early on in lockdown to just let it grow and it's currently the longest it's been in 25 years. I'm well past the stage where it looks like a really curly mullet and so ridiculous I usually give up and get it cut short again. My partner confessed she always thought I had it cut too severe and short since she's known me and doesn't want me to get rid of it, so I reckon the aging hippy look is here to stay for a while.

greencalx

Mine got to the "maybe I should dig the clippers out of the cupboard" stage a few weeks ago, but that quickly slipped into the "barbers will be opening again soon" stage so I'm now in that awkward phase of wishing I'd cut it a few weeks ago. Things have come to a head (sorry, I know) as I've been asked to record a video for work by Wednesday that I fear may have a long shelf life and I'd rather not go the whole Will Gompertz.

bgmnts

Getting up at half seven to go out and get my mop cut tomorrow. It's going to be orgasmic and I hope my release doesn't put me on the register.

Blue Jam

shiftwork2

We should have seen a million man buns in March.  Has anyone seen even one?

Naughty barbers!

flotemysost

Quote from: shiftwork2 on April 02, 2021, 08:49:15 PM
We should have seen a million man buns in March.  Has anyone seen even one?

Can only speak for myself, but it's been a good while now since I've seen man buns.

But yes, I have noticed quite a lot of well-groomed looking blokes out and about, but no reason to think they're not a dab hand with trimmers (or live with someone who is).

chveik

i've seen some man buns around. absolute filth

greencalx

This guy popped up on the TV news last night with what I hope is a DIY job.

bgmnts

Feel so much better now! Like a weight has been lifted.

An tSaoi

You should have just buzzed it.

BUZZ
BUZZ
BUZZ
BUZZ

greencalx

Popped along to the local barber this morning, queue of five people out the door. Bizarrely they were charging their normal prices and taking their time over the haircuts. Mine took the usual 10 minutes when I got in. Nice to have the rug scraped off the back of my neck (which is the bit I find hardest to do myself). I can now start filming again!

Dusty Substance

Managed to get booked in for next week! Typically, I've had two people today say that it actually quite suits me at the current length.

Got a bag of unwanted Zodiac Windwarp records to give to my barber.

Sebastian Cobb

I'm not rushing to go somewhere that's quite touchy. Seems like a good way to get the vid.

I made a booboo trying to cut mine myself (it normally turns out alright!) so I bought some clippers and shaved the lot off.
Was secretly hoping that I might look like a mitchell style hardman, or failing that, a fetching lesbian.
I do not.
Only taking my hat off to get showered at the minute.

Chedney Honks

Great work, Clump. I've tried to avoid seeing anyone without a mask for months to hide my own shame, I'll be miss masks to be honest, but I'm now on my way to Phils Barber's (his punctuation) and I'll be looking like clean-cut Clark Cent without the glasses or demeanour.

Norton Canes

Mine's just got long enough to slick back. Or put under a hairband. Decisions, decisions.

Quote from: Chedney Honks on April 12, 2021, 10:02:45 AMI'll be looking like clean-cut Clark Cent without the glasses or demeanour.

and his alter ego, Super Fiddy!
Do you not think you could rock a kiss-curl?

Here, I've never suited a hat in my life.
I do now! I suit them all!

I think I might have just done it too short (number 1) because it's getting better, growing stronger, warmer and wilder, getting better everyday.

Bought this daft slouch beanie when it was freezing, it made me look like toadie so I spat on it and chucked it straight to the back of the cupboard.
Had to fish it out yesterday, blow the spider legs off, kiss it and comfort it and apologise.
All is forgiven. It's riding pride of place on my fuzzy bollock conk and we're rocking the toadie with glasses look.

Quote from: Norton Canes on April 12, 2021, 10:28:29 AM
Mine's just got long enough to slick back. Or put under a hairband. Decisions, decisions.

I wish I left mine long, I could tuck it behind my lugs and just forget it about it, but there's loads of grey in it now and my sister said I looked like an old witch floating around so I had to do something.
The something I did was hack at it until I looked like an aging Emo Philips :(

An tSaoi

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on April 10, 2021, 10:05:50 PM
I made a booboo trying to cut mine myself (it normally turns out alright!) so I bought some clippers and shaved the lot off.

You've taken your first step into a large world. Well done. Get rid of the hat. The hat represents shame and regret. A buzzed bonce represents pride, strength, courage, grit, spunk, jizz and cum. Stand proud. Walk tall. Never back down. Never said never again.

Do you think Neil Armstrong would have got the moon with long hair? Thank again!

And as for Buzz Aldrin, well, the clue's in the name.

Fambo Number Mive

The Chief Turd has had his hair cut

QuoteThe prime minister has wasted no time in getting his sometimes unruly hair under control as hairdressers reopen in England.

Boris Johnson is famous for his shock of blond hair but the wind played havoc with his overgrown locks on a trip to Truro last week.

But, as he emerged from Downing Street earlier his hair looked noticeably shorter.

Downing Street confirmed the prime minister had his hair trimmed this morning before joining MPs in Parliament to pay tribute to the Duke of Edinburgh.

Johnson had previously suggested he would prioritise a visit to the pub over a trip to the hairdressers but he postponed his plans for a pint in the wake of Prince Philip's death on Friday.

Even though I need a haircut, I don't feel confident going to a hairdresser at the moment. Seeing how many people having their hair cut or waiting for a haircut aren't wearing masks has put me off. I'll wait until I've had both doses of the vaccine. It's a shame you can't have your hair cut in the open air.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 12, 2021, 06:26:22 PM
It's a shame you can't have your hair cut in the open air.

Mobile hairdressers will do that if you want.

Quote from: An tSaoi on April 12, 2021, 02:52:25 PMYou've taken your first step into a large world.

Haha. I know, it's only my cowardice holding me back.
I'm working on it.

Midas

I've been getting a lot of unforgiving smirks from strangers in the last few days. Someone remarked recently that my hair was so long 'it could have things living in it'. Cannot wait to get the shame SNIPP'd and BUZZ'd away...

An tSaoi