Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:21:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Haircuts in lockdown

Started by Dusty Substance, March 30, 2021, 02:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Midas on April 13, 2021, 02:02:20 AM
I've been getting a lot of unforgiving smirks from strangers in the last few days. Someone remarked recently that my hair was so long 'it could have things living in it'. Cannot wait to get the shame SNIPP'd and BUZZ'd away...

I probably get them but I don't notice because my hair is perpetually blinding me.

DrGreggles

Shaved my fat head today, safe in the knowledge that there was a barber open if I fucked it up.
Went for a number 4 on top.

Was going to go for number 2 all over, but I didn't want to be covered in poo...

idunnosomename

if i grow my hair a bit longer i can wipe my arse with it, so going with that

Ferris

Re-did my 5mm up the sides, left to grow out on top.

It is starting to grow on me (not literally[nb]although yeah literally[/nb]) but I will likely buzz the lot off it and when the pandemic ever ends.

Blue Jam

My hairdressers is open again but the resident French bulldoggo is not there. I guess she just loves ear scritches too much to be trusted to socially distance.

Think I'll keep cutting my hair myself for now, I've become too used to not paying £50 a pop.

mothman

We were supposed to be having haircuts tonight (mobile hairdresser). But then my wife booked the girls to have some photos done, so we've put it off another week. I think I can last that long...

Attila

My hair is down to my backside now, but the last few inches it just gets thin and ratty. Usually I'll go to have it trimmed every 6-8 weeks or so, but I'm not keen to go back just yet now to spend £20 for a trim that takes less than 5 minutes and just produces a handful of wisps on the floor.

It looks like crap though when it gets stringy on the ends like this, though (nope, I don't trust Mr Attila to trim it).

I've asked him to let his hair grow out; it's been super short since I've known him, but there's photographic evidence of when he wore it half-way down his back in the old days. He refuses, and keeps buzzing it off with clippers. It looks like a lawn after a child has deliberately done a crap job mowing it to get out of doing it ever again.

GoblinAhFuckScary

anyone else happiest with their hair since lockdown? i've been letting it grow longer and longer, keeping the fringe straight and doing some basic choppy layering when needed and it looks fab. would totally become a hairdresser if i didn't get rsi

shiftwork2

I am actually quite liking my intervention barnet.  The emergency scissors did totally miss the hair that usually covers my temples which will blow into my eyes with an unfavourable wind, but apart from that it's solid and sound.  Barbers tomorrow anyway.

Chedney Honks

Mad fucking thing when I went to the barber's, almost all the customers were taking their mask off when they sat down. I was gobsmacked but nobody could tell because I had my mask on. What in fuck was that about? They've were all 50+ white men for context apart from me. So disrespectful to the barber, in my opinion. He should have slit their throats with a straight razor, I don't get it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Dusty Substance

Had to cancel my Wednesday appointment so have to spend another few days walking round looking like an Art Garfunkel Pennywise.

Blue Jam

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on April 16, 2021, 04:12:56 PM
anyone else happiest with their hair since lockdown? i've been letting it grow longer and longer, keeping the fringe straight and doing some basic choppy layering when needed and it looks fab. would totally become a hairdresser if i didn't get rsi

Good for you! I've found that my hair used to grow into a really rounded and bulbous shape about six weeks after a cut, but that hasn't been happening since I've been cutting it myself. It does get a bit wispy at the ends after a while but it's mostly keeping it's shape. Think it might be because I'm cutting it fairly bluntly rather than adding layers like a hairdresser would, because that's all I know how to do. Was going to give it a trim now but got the hair straighteners out and decided nah, it still looks fine.

The one big difference I've noticed is that I'm not cutting the ends in a straight line, instead the ends go round in a U-shape even though I swear it looks straight when I'm cutting it. It's now looking a lot like the haircut on the right here when it used to look more like the one on the left:

That's fine too, it looks deliberate and I guess a curve hides bad cutting more than an attempt to cut a straight line would. My hair is also really bastard thick so maybe cutting it straight across rather than tapering the length was what was causing the bulbosity. Whatever, now it's business at the front, party in the back.

Norton Canes

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on April 16, 2021, 04:12:56 PM
anyone else happiest with their hair since lockdown?

Yeah. I've got an appointment tomorrow that I made about three weeks ago but in that time my hair's gone from in-between mess to all Byronic and swoopsome. I've even started wearing a hair band. Not sure the stylist can do anything except ruin it to be honest.

peanutbutter

cant be arsed going to a barber when it's months before I'll be meeting any new people. buzzed the fuck outta the sides and scissored the  top really close, looks like absolute shit but it'll balance out in a month and not look like total shit again until late june

Considering the only mirror I had was 20cm x 20cm and one of my hands is partially usable it was honestly a fairly decent job, just drastically worse than my previous lockdown efforts

Blue Jam

Quote from: Norton Canes on April 18, 2021, 09:45:45 PM
Yeah. I've got an appointment tomorrow that I made about three weeks ago but in that time my hair's gone from in-between mess to all Byronic and swoopsome. I've even started wearing a hair band. Not sure the stylist can do anything except ruin it to be honest.

Rockin' the Andy Goldstein From Eurosport look?

Snooker coverage is a good source of inspiration, aye.

Norton Canes

Yes. It is a bit lot like that actually. There's a wake-up call. What was I thinking? 

mothman

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I have still not bothered to do mine and as a result have turned into UK comedy legend Simon Munnery

Ferris

Just did mine and the nippers today, we both have the same asymmetric mid '00s indie boy haircut because that's the only one I can do. We look like the crowd watching Los Campesinos at Reading circa 2008.

Egyptian Feast

I was going to get mine trimmed today but decided not to bother in the end. It's shoulder length and messy now, but past the point where it looks like a mullet, thank fuck.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I finally got mine chopped last week, after about 8 months. It was the longest it's been in about 15 years. While I did quite enjoy looking like some Shoegaze pinup, the repeated sensation of a wild fringe hair tickling my nose was driving me utterly barmy. I suppose I could have kept it in check with hair grips or the like, but I don't have the necessary confidence to get away with something so metrosexual.

hamfist

I've been putting the long hair up in a pineapple then shaving the back and sides with #2 then letting the long bit flop over that. This weekend I also lopped a good 8cm of the pineapple off, leaving me somewhere on a spectrum of Gary Numan to Michael McIntyre. Despite that, I'm not entirely unhappy with it.