Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:24:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Le sida volant

Started by Chedney Honks, March 31, 2021, 04:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-56526265

Perennial contrarians fail to engage with reality because they 'just have a feeling'.

Once this gets into the rodent population, they - in particular - will be utterly fucked. I understand from a documentary I watched that they even let rats cook over there.

Allez dans la tombe.

Hopefully Germany will Merk them.

bgmnts

The French were at the forefront during the age of reason and produced some of the best thinkers around.

Now look at them.

Where is all this wilful regression into anti-thought and anti-intellectualism coming from? Why are people purposefully being thick as mince and ignoring facts and science in favour of their own fantasy worlds?

BlodwynPig

Chedney Honks

France close schools for lockdown three. They fucked it.

imitationleather

Is there anything I can read speculating about what will happen when rats can spread COVID? I've been sleeping too well lately and want something to keep me awake all night.

chveik

quite a lot of people in my family (including my parents) are somewhat vax skeptics. they'll probably get the jabs when it's their time (i hope so anyway) but still it's depressing. can't be fucked to argue with them anymore, they've been buying into alternative medecine bollocks for too long. they're mostly nice but if i take some perspective they're fucking thickos.

anyway if you add to that the government's death cult, we're fucked. i guess at least i can say i've been a good boy since the start

MoreauVasz

I am really puzzled by the European opposition to vaccines. This is what it must be like living on the continent and seeing the prevalence of Terfery in the British commentariat

MojoJojo

Quote from: MoreauVasz on April 01, 2021, 09:00:35 AM
I am really puzzled by the European opposition to vaccines. This is what it must be like living on the continent and seeing the prevalence of Terfery in the British commentariat

I think it's actually the UK who are bit unusual here. I think it's linked to Andrew Wakefield, who re-invigorated the anti-vax movement. It started here but we've mostly got over it while other countries are still in with the craze.

Also the NHS plays are part here. The pharma companies in the US are such bastards (see: insulin charges, see Oxycontin, see lots of other stuff I'm sure) that it's understandable that people are a lot more suspicious.

Icehaven

Isn't that Frasier's favourite restaurant?

MoreauVasz

Quote from: MojoJojo on April 01, 2021, 10:14:40 AM
I think it's actually the UK who are bit unusual here. I think it's linked to Andrew Wakefield, who re-invigorated the anti-vax movement. It started here but we've mostly got over it while other countries are still in with the craze.

So it's almost as though being infected by a milder form of anti-vax sentiment early on made our body politic stronger when it came to fighting off the infection.

seepage

Quote from: icehaven on April 01, 2021, 10:37:46 AM
Isn't that Frasier's favourite restaurant?

Doh! I was going to say "No, it's his favourite wine" not realising the restaurant is 'Le Cigare Volant' too.

Video Game Fan 2000

France wobbled on a lot on the position of vax skepticism in the media. A lot of the big news shows vaccillated between "fake news is unacceptable" to "its best to let people hear how ridiculous it all is"  it was always going to be a challenge but no consistent policy really made it a lot worse

also this guy: