Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:31:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

monke vs lizar

Started by madhair60, March 31, 2021, 01:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Blumf

Interminable shite, but worth getting the 4k birthday party celebration pack just for the work they've done on the HD transfer.
There's a hair in the gate during the kabaddi song and dance number and you can actually see the sun glinting off the back of a pubic louse as it crawls up the screen.

Genuinely thought this was by Honks :D

Chedney Honks

I read that, started laughing and thought it was a perfectly pitched piss take. Well played.

I understand you making it explicit for these slow chumps, though.

You're like Donald Trump. You're beyond parody.
That's what I think.

Chedney Honks

Joking apart, I have preordered the UHD Blu-ray.

GoblinAhFuckScary

I want to see this. That last Godzilla was KVLT

Chedney Honks

Watch an actual good Godzilla

Like Godzilla 1984

GoblinAhFuckScary

if i want to see a real godzilla i'll go to the zoo thank you very much

Chedney Honks

That's actually a very good point. Shame you can't do that with monke

GoblinAhFuckScary

wish monke were real :'0

Jerzy Bondov

Monke Skull Island was really good in my opinion

Goldentony

is monke and yer man here out then

Magnum Valentino

Aye I've it on now. Godziller has gone mental and killed 8 lads, I thought Godziller was a goodie

bgmnts

Would you rather have monke as a mate or lizar as a mate?

Think I'd get along better with lizar even if he is a bit moody.

Goldentony

does anyone sing ape man by the kinks in this

GoblinAhFuckScary

if it's monke and yer zilla on bongos it's the fall

Magnum Valentino

Really an amazingly awful film. Should it not be easy to make a film about King Kong and Godzilla?

C_Larence

Compared to the last godzilla movie and skull island i enjoyed it a lot. Godzilla powering up his radiation breath will never stop making me smile.

Butchers Blind

Monke is clearly the better of the lads as he has arms with hands.

Magnum Valentino

King Kong side stepping up a building for a teeny wee bit of extra purchase for a punch kind of sums up my problem with the film's attitude. He shouldn't behave like he's in a Marvel fight scene.

I think any defence of this film is likely to go down the "sure, the human characters aren't very interesting, but we're here for the giant monster scraps" direction, but you can't just not bother with your humans, this film is nearly 2 hours long and far too much of that is spent cringing at the writer's decision to plunder our Film Clichés thread but, instead of fucking them off, populating their entire movie with them.

Monster scraps were good fun. The 'real' baddie (no, not "mankind") is ace.

Is the Hollow Earth idea nicked from Marvel or did Marvel nick the Savage Land from some older myth about a subantarctic jungle?

samadriel

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on April 01, 2021, 08:41:50 AM
Is the Hollow Earth idea nicked from Marvel or did Marvel nick the Savage Land from some older myth about a subantarctic jungle?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_Earth

brat-sampson

Can't deny it, I really enjoyed that. Was sighing a little at the orange-and-tealness of the boat fight but beyond that it was genuinely one of the best-looking things I've put on my telly. Absolute showcase. Monster scraps were great, plot was fucking ludicrous but I never really cared for more than a few seconds at a time. A bunch of what seemed like clear Evangelion nods too, which were fun to spot.

Satisfying.

Also thought it was very amusing that Lance Reddick had a credit in the title crawl but literally one brief scene in the entire movie. Apparently a mix of editing and contracts.

Can't believe they ripped off Robot Jox for the fist-bump ending though.

Chedney Honks

Just watched Godzilla vs King Kong and it was great.

Spiteface

Loved it.

There were loads of little nods to various eras of Godzilla movies, especially the origins of the actual proper villian once it shows up.

Mister Six

Can I watch this if I've only ever seen 1930s monke before?

Also are monke: Skull Islande and lizar: King of Monst genuinely good or are people taking the piss?

Goldentony

Horseshit basically any time a person was on screen, and I refuse to believe the Halo lot with the magic kid and the fucking Ghostbusters lot pouring lager onto Ivan Ooze's command capsule were actually in the same place at the same time for any of the filming. the three of them have absolutely fuck all impact until the kid from Sam Neil dunks the nutters piss all over the aforementioned controls which somehow bollockses a sentient walking nuclear tank remotely, honestly get this entire thing to fuck

C_Larence

Quote from: Mister Six on April 03, 2021, 11:44:58 PM

Also are monke: Skull Islande and lizar: King of Monst genuinely good or are people taking the piss?

Yes. Both those movies you mentioned are dire, but the Gareth Edwards Godzilla was good.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Mister Six on April 03, 2021, 11:44:58 PM

Boring but there are some very good actual Godzilla films.

I'd recommend Shin Godzilla for a modern take on classic Godzilla.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Chedney Honks on April 04, 2021, 08:03:04 AM
Boring but there are some very good actual Godzilla films.

I'd recommend Shin Godzilla for a modern take on classic Godzilla.

Really wanted to like Shin Godzilla but felt the enormous majority of the movie was tiresome bureaucratic faff.

A shame because this mutating body-horror Godzilla is genuinely upsetting I loved them. Did however watch the movie with people I hate so hopefully that was what eroded my patience so much and I can try again some other time.