Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:38:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

monke vs lizar

Started by madhair60, March 31, 2021, 01:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on April 04, 2021, 10:05:11 AM
Really wanted to like Shin Godzilla but felt the enormous majority of the movie was tiresome bureaucratic faff.

I can understand that, definitely. I'm sure you're aware that the bureaucracy stuff is satirical criticism of the government's response to the tsunami and Fukushima, but it doesn't necessarily become funny even once you get that. It's more despairing, I felt, which fits/creates the tone of the film. I love the various mutated versions, feels like he's a real nuclear cancer.

The other one I'd really recommend (beyond the original, which is the best by a long way) is Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack aka GMK. It's a direct follow-up to the original and completely ignores the rest of the series. Written and directed by the guy who did the very well-regarded Heisei Gamera trilogy, which basically got him this gig. It's got a darker millennial vibe, the lead actress is likeable and the human stuff is quite engaging. It also takes great delight in killing the annoying characters.

Best of all, once it kicks off, it properly kicks off.

TOTAL FUCKDOWN

madhair60

enormously enjoyed this. it's utter pelch but lots of good monke action.

the only good thing about the old godzilla movies is laughing at how shonk they are. you can't be a film buff or a cineaste or whatever it is and also think godzilla is genuinely good, sorry.

Chedney Honks

How depressing it must be to be you.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Yeah I got that it was Fukushima satire along with with the obvious spectre of American imperialism present. It definitely felt like it succeeded in being incomprehensible if that was what it was aiming for. As I said, another watch is due.

Appreciate the zilla recs I think I will watch them x

Chedney Honks

No worries, dude. I definitely prefer the bleaker Godzilla films.

bgmnts

Old Godzilla films are great.

Butchers Blind

This was utter shite. Made no sense and as someone else mentioned, they used nearly every cliche from our thread.

Butchers Blind

Goldentony

have you never been telepathic with a giant ape

Quote from: Chedney Honks on April 04, 2021, 11:11:15 AMHow depressing it must be to be you.

Quote from: Chedney Honks on April 04, 2021, 11:50:48 AMI definitely prefer the bleaker Godzilla films.

Beyond parody.

Anyway, get back under the pile on, you!
Turning this into a legit Johnny Goodlizard thread, scouting for new recruits and everything. The absolute gall of the man.

Goldentony

cannot get my head around the human scenes, am I remembering it wrong or could you seriously just fuck Stranger Things and co from the entire film

Spiteface

Most humans are superfluous in Godzilla films. If you're watching them for the human plot you're doing it wrong and don't deserve to be watching Godzilla films.

But I suspect Mille Bobby Brown is the latest "Let's make (x) a thing" project. She wasn't quite as useless/annoying as her fat friend though.

What happened to Charles Dance's character from the last one? If they were gonna throw a third monster in the mix, I'd have put money on it being something to do with the severed Ghidorah head from that post-credits scene.

Destroyah for the next one?

Goldentony

i'm a fan of the boring bureaucratic arguing in all the old Godzilla and related stuff, it's just that lot genuinely had no proper interaction with what was going on til they acdentally fucked yer man mechanicalgodzilla

madhair60

Quote from: Chedney Honks on April 04, 2021, 11:11:15 AM
How depressing it must be to be you.

it is. i'm very depressed. i think of killing myself quite regularly

Chedney Honks

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on April 04, 2021, 05:11:44 PM
Beyond parody.

I don't believe madhair60 really holds that opinion, or is someone to ever 'gatekeep' what people can enjoy. He is one of the least snobbish people on here.

chveik

any monke and/or lizar cocks going in and out?

bgmnts

Quote from: madhair60 on April 04, 2021, 07:24:56 PM
it is. i'm very depressed. i think of killing myself quite regularly

As someone who does suicide ideate quite frequently, this is quite funny.

Goldentony

at no point does anone say kong vs godzilla in this either

Quote from: Chedney Honks on April 04, 2021, 07:37:13 PM
I don't believe madhair60 really holds that opinion, or is someone to ever 'gatekeep' what people can enjoy. He is one of the least snobbish people on here.

Yes, dear.
He's poking you in the ribs because you don't really cope well with more direct displays of affection.

edit: Are you alright? Have I said something daft? Aw man, it makes me sad when you get all weird and serious with me like that. You're lovely, godzilla is lovely. One of the lads.

Sorry, I think I try and join in with jokes sometimes and I'm not very good at it. Sorry, man.

Chedney Honks

The short answer is please take my word that you've got nothing to apologise for. I am sorry if I seem serious but nothing to do with your post. I don't really want to go into it for various reasons. Let's get back to the good ol' G.

RRROOOOAAAAARRRRRR!!!

I thought I was gonna have to go to bed feeling like that.
Bloody hell!
Thank you so much for replying.
Genuinely hope you're alright, sorry for being clingy.

Chedney Honks

I know my tone is ambiguous at times but it was really nothing to do with you or anything you posted. Hope we can all sleep soundly! I am conking out now in fact. Grafting at 6 tomorrow so gonna listen to the Jurassic Park audiobook and dream of getting legged by a Godzilla.

beanheadmcginty

Does the noise Godzilla makes and that noise Lenny Henry used to make exist in the same cinematic universe? Trying to get my canon straightened up here guys.

Goldentony

Jet Jaguar should be in the next one, if they can make a Mechagodzilla and Spiderman 3 him they can make a Jet Jaguar

Quote from: Chedney Honks on April 04, 2021, 10:23:28 PMI know my tone is ambiguous at times but it was really nothing to do with you or anything you posted.

Thanks man. I can't cope! I never know whether I'm good boy or not! "is he trying to say I'm like that? I don't think I'm like that. Maybe I am like that. Maybe I'm a man of means, by no means, king of the chodes!"

Don't think much of this "honke vs clumph" so far, to be honest.
Just a couple of old melts clinching for an hour in an asda carpark.

edit: Ooooh, look! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y4BFKZLRUU
Do you like these lads, honks?

Spiteface

Quote from: Goldentony on April 04, 2021, 11:16:29 PM
Jet Jaguar should be in the next one, if they can make a Mechagodzilla and Spiderman 3 him they can make a Jet Jaguar

Jet Jaguar is a shit Ultraman knockoff.

Goldentony

who is this cunt giving me shit twice here now , i'll fuck ultraman

Chedney Honks

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on April 04, 2021, 11:43:16 PM
Do you like these lads, honks?

I've heard of them but that's the first thing I've seen of them. As I say, no interest in the Western action movie take on Godzilla, really, nor the Japanese goofy friend of kids version, either.