Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:50:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Twats Day April 1st

Started by Butchers Blind, March 31, 2021, 07:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

What type of hilarity are you expecting tomorrow?
Covid proven to cure baldness?

Buelligan

Institutional racism has ended.

Cuellar

Covid actually doesn't exist, someone just read some charts wrong. All restrictions immediately lifted, sorry about that, get stuck in.

Hopefully said by Boris at an official No 10 press conference.

bgmnts

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Could you fetch in the tartan paint from the garage? Cheers.

idunnosomename

April Fools Day cancelled forever

BlodwynPig

STARMER STAYS

Britain is not a racist country.

Black Lives Matter.

dissolute ocelot

Someone's invented vegan black pudding or cheese or haggis or ribs or something.

turnstyle

RSPCA posts on Twitter saying actually, chocolate ISN'T poisonous to dogs.

People up and down Britain rejoice and cram their pooches with mars bars and caramacs.

RSPCA tweets out later 'lol, April fools, chocolate really fucks dogs up, don't feed it to them'.

For the next few weeks the smell of a hundred thousand dead dogs permeates the entirety of the British Isles.

DrGreggles

I'm quite drunk, so I'll prepare a hilarious prank tonight for me to fall for tomorrow morning.
Then I'll call me a cunt.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Paper copies of the Census must now be mailed to PO BOX LEGEND GARY

Icehaven

I'm going to put a massive bear chained to a post in my neighbour's back garden. They'll definitely get it.

BlodwynPig

The Hitlers are very much not a racist family.

shiftwork2

Volkswagen apparently became 'Voltswagen' as part of a press release today disguised as a leaked April fool.

It's just old hat and seems a bit limp since Dave Lee Travis died, the king of April fools japery.  The Guardian will likely produce something bland and rubbish.

Mobius

My workplace recently did a merger with another big employer

today my boss sent an email to say the merger has been cancelled

Big LOLS all around, classic bantz.

shiftwork2

That's really funny as mergers are generally known as a rip roaring barrel of laughs regarding roles and security of employment.

Mobius

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 31, 2021, 11:52:01 PM
That's really funny as mergers are generally known as a rip roaring barrel of laughs regarding roles and security of employment.

We've been told some of us will be losing our jobs and any bonuses are delayed, which is very very funny.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Mobius on March 31, 2021, 11:53:00 PM
We've been told some of us will be losing our jobs and any bonuses are delayed, which is very very funny.

Wonderful Butternut

I'm just going to tell some lies and pretend they're funny.

"There's an elephant outside. Lol April Fool."
"Boris Johnson died. Lol April Fool."
"Elon Musk is donating all his money to charity. Lol April Fool."
"I have HIV. Lole, April Foo-el."
"Ur daughter was in a car crash. lul Aprl Fewl."
"Ali3ns hav landed on 34rth. lp'iol;ks, ngSKL:nh[a'nkl gS>?A D?,sa pw Apirlm Foooooooool."

And so forth.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on March 31, 2021, 08:03:57 PM
Could you fetch in the tartan paint from the garage? Cheers.

A teacher once sent me to get some tartan paint, and it wasn't even April fools day!!

First of all, the teacher sent me off to "the office" (as it was called, where the head teacher and some others in charge of stationery could be found, I guess) to ask to borrow a pritt stick.  So I went and asked and they searched through drawers and cupboards and couldn't find one, and told me to tell the teacher "We haven't got a pritt stick but we have tippex, will that do?" Even I, at 10 years old, knew that they weren't the same, but went back and passed on the message.  You could tell the reply pissed off the teacher, as she also knew that they weren't the same, so she grinned and asked me to go and ask for some tartan paint.  I knew that such a thing didn't exist, but went away anyway to ask, because doing that was more fun than doing whatever we were supposed to be doing in the lesson.  So I asked, and the two women there tossed around a few ideas before telling me to tell the teacher "Sorry, we only have spotted or striped."  I went back and told the teacher, and the answer seemed to satisfy her and I was permitted to sit down and continue with whatever we'd been doing in the lesson.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I think striped paint is technically feasible. You can get stripey toothpaste.

steve98

Quote from: icehaven on March 31, 2021, 08:35:34 PM
I'm going to put a massive bear chained to a post in my neighbour's back garden. They'll definitely get it.

Get what? In what sense have you fooled them? If they shit themselves at the sight of a giant bear in their garden, when, in fact, there IS a giant bear in their garden, then that's just a normal reaction, isn't it?........ yeah?

Butchers Blind

Quote from: steve98 on April 01, 2021, 07:58:39 AM
Get what? In what sense have you fooled them? If they shit themselves at the sight of a giant bear in their garden, when, in fact, there IS a giant bear in their garden, then that's just a normal reaction, isn't it?........ yeah?

Unbeknown to them maybe the chain is made of pasta giving a false sense of security. The bear easily then escapes its shackles and mauls them to death. April Fool.

Icehaven

Quote from: steve98 on April 01, 2021, 07:58:39 AM

I meant get it as in killed by the bear, but it works both ways.

BlodwynPig

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Can anyone post a  link to this year's April Fool's story in The Guardian? I can't be arsed looking for it meself.

Attila

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on April 01, 2021, 08:47:45 AM
Can anyone post a  link to this year's April Fool's story in The Guardian? I can't be arsed looking for it meself.

Surely it's this one, about building canals between the Red Sea and the Nile?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/01/suez-2-ever-given-grounding-prompts-plan-for-canal-along-egypt-israel-border

The 'We built the pyramids, didn't we?' bants line kind of gives it away.

I could be totally wrong -- I keep hoping a lot of the stuff in the news since about 2016 has been a long-game April Fool's joke.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on March 31, 2021, 08:23:09 PM
Someone's invented vegan black pudding or cheese or haggis or ribs or something.

All very believable and probably true.