Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:12:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How do you post so much, mate?

Started by Indomitable Spirit, March 31, 2021, 08:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phes

pride myself a being a bland and unremarkable poster. A necessary palate cleanser that serves to further accentuate the more remarkable posts.

your turn, don't fuck this up

Retinend

Quote from: phes on April 01, 2021, 10:18:04 AM
pride myself a being a bland and unremarkable poster. A necessary palate cleanser that serves to further accentuate the more remarkable posts.

your turn, don't fuck this up

I'll take the compliment-bait: you're actually one of the best posters 🤗🤗🤗

Jockice

Quote from: Captain Z on March 31, 2021, 09:04:03 PM
That doesn't explain how you manage to encounter on average two celebrities per day.

They stalk me.

thugler

I write poorly written posts without much time spent on them. Also I read the site while working currently as I am able to balance fucking about online and getting work done fairly easily.

Indomitable Spirit

All great insight here - deffo think I've just not been blessed with the "poster's mindset" and can't be arsed to put in the man hours to get any good at it. Too easily distracted, not clever enough, no confidence in my own opinions - you're never going to be one of the big boys with that sort of mentality.

Definitely think the "post whatever bollocks you like, no one actually cares" style some of the more seasoned heads have advocated is the way forward for me - as evidenced by this very post.

Tony Tony Tony

I try not to post long responses in case they make my computer too heavy.

Glebe

I've got too much spare time in lockdown an am hugely thankful to have CaB to spew me mad thoughts onto, but yeah, there's times when I get tired and depressed and arsed, mate.

Stonefish

Ferris

I'm effortlessly funny and charismatic, and CaB is crying out to hear about my tribulations with sump pumps or the type of top soil I intend to put down in the back yard.

Once I understood that, I was able to really go for it.

Also I have a very addictive personality (and a cell phone), and tapping away my thoughts on here on a break between diapers and student shit is better than day trading or getting back on amphetamines.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Your students shit themselves?
Also, diapers is a ghastly Americanism and you should feel bad for saying it.

Ferris

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on April 06, 2021, 04:09:28 AM
Your students shit themselves?
Also, diapers is a ghastly Americanism and you should feel bad for saying it.

I am a grad student and I regularly shit myself.

Annoyingly, the North American words for a lot of baby things are now stuck in my head as the default because that is where I come across them. Didn't have much use for "nappies" (diapers) and "cots" (cribs) as a teenager in the midlands, but since having a child in Canada I'm constantly striving to find superior snow suits or an all-weather stroller.

Such is life.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 06, 2021, 01:54:04 AM
Also I have a very addictive personality (and a cell phone), and tapping away my thoughts on here on a break between diapers and student shit is better than day trading or getting back on amphetamines.

Do you really write all your stuff on your cellphone? I've heard a lot of Cabbers say they do I can't fathom it but then I have a hard enough time writing on the laptop.

Ferris

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on April 06, 2021, 01:39:58 PM
Do you really write all your stuff on your cellphone? I've heard a lot of Cabbers say they do I can't fathom it but then I have a hard enough time writing on the laptop.

I have a really strict internal rule that the laptop is For Work; no games, no aimless browsing the internet, nada. I've never logged onto CaB via my laptop or PC - I am trying very hard to keep the subconscious realization that laptop internet (For Work Only) is the same internet as the fun internet on my phone that I muck about on.

If my lizard brain figures that out then I'll never do any work ever again.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 06, 2021, 01:45:16 PM
I have a really strict internal rule that the laptop is For Work; no games, no aimless browsing the internet, nada. I've never logged onto CaB via my laptop or PC - I am trying very hard to keep the subconscious realization that laptop internet (For Work Only) is the same internet as the fun internet on my phone that I muck about on.

If my lizard brain figures that out then I'll never do any work ever again.

It's a good rule; I used to do this but I'm now using the laptop I work on; I'm usually quite busy so it doesn't cause these issues but it used too when I was a bit more prolific in my postings (though I've not been too bad recently).

Ferris

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on April 06, 2021, 01:49:59 PM
It's a good rule; I used to do this but I'm now using the laptop I work on; I'm usually quite busy so it doesn't cause these issues but it used too when I was a bit more prolific in my postings (though I've not been too bad recently).

Being busy has not historically stopped me - I ran a made up Ricky Gervais choose your own adventure/RPG[nb]and I think it was quite good? Though I was too exhausted to really determine that[/nb] on HS Art when I was working 70+ hour weeks a few years back.

This way though I can look at my phone, then stick it on a charger in the other room and I'm left with only work to fill my time. Another invaluable productivity hack for my obsessive brain during lockdown.

Ferris

NB: I am now putting my phone on a charger in the next room because I have 600 words to write and 2 loads of laundry to get through and the kitchen is a mess and I want to make a curry for tea... etc

Chedney Honks

Not typed a post on anything other than phone or tablet in a good ten years.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

I just generally post shit photoshops and gifs.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on April 06, 2021, 05:36:51 PM
I just generally post shit photoshops and gifs.

That's fair enough. You have chosen to express yourself via the medium of art, rather than the medium of words.

ProvanFan