Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:02:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mansun appreciation thread

Started by Kankurette, March 31, 2021, 11:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulTMA

reckon he's still got loads of "bangers" up his sleeve tbh

peanutbutter

ah, hadn't checked on this thread in a while... Always gave off the impression he was quite far on the spectrum to me, his myspace used to give off seriously odd vibes  I could never pin down. Def seems like the type where if it's anything metoo-y it'll be far more about how much of a colossal prick he was after his advances were turned down than the advances themselves and he's proving himself to be totally incapable of even realising this is an issue (hence descent into derangement here).
Not sure he's an act where his own personal conduct is gonna impact whether I listen to mansun or not (not that I do loads nowadays), it was popular music but its always had a firm outsider art or naive art vibe to it for me... like, it's trying to be pop rock with some experimental elements but the inherent weirdness of those attempts at experimentation are jarring in a way that can make them sound absolutely amazing but also in a way that never totally congeals.

He's not really big enough for a Laura Snapes article though, is he? Like, she was fairly central in the Mark Kozelek stuff iirc, relative to that size of name Draper seems more like someone who'd only be part of a bigger article. There def was some iffy stuff involving a tour a few years ago that I can imagine led to some investigating but it's not that hard to imagine him convincing himself there's an article coming to tear him down.

Quote from: peanutbutter on August 01, 2021, 01:36:48 AM
He's not really big enough for a Laura Snapes article though, is he? Like, she was fairly central in the Mark Kozelek stuff iirc, relative to that size of name Draper seems more like someone who'd only be part of a bigger article.

I suppose it depends who his accuser is. Though, like others, I've started to wonder if there's an accuser at all and if it's all paranoia.

Much solidarity with those on the end of his harassment. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they'll be reading this thread.