Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:46:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tom Hanks's son stars in US remake of Nathan Barley

Started by Icehaven, April 01, 2021, 01:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/mar/31/tom-hanks-son-chet-criticized-racist-font-white-boy-summer

The font furore is a bit beyond me, I genuinely had no idea any particular fonts were associated with white supremacy but fair enough, and I can see what they mean about the Fraktur fonts and Nazism, however it's the whole package that is Hanks' son that delights me;

QuoteHanks, who raps under the moniker Chet Haze and has acted in the TV shows Shameless and Empire, came up with the term "White Boy Summer" on Friday – a play on the Megan Thee Stallion song from 2019 Hot Girl Summer.

"I just got this feeling man that this summer ... it's about to be a white boy summer," he said. "Take it how you want, I'm not talking about Trump, Nascar-type white. I'm talking about me, (rappers) Jon B. Jack Harlow-type white boys, you know what I mean? Let me know if you guys can vibe with that, and get ready. 'Cause I am.'"

In a video posted a few days later, he clarified: "You know what's not White Boy Summer ... is having any ill will or prejudice towards anybody from a different background, race, walk of life than you."

On Tuesday Hanks announced he was also launching a range of Black Queen Summer merchandise, using the same font. "I want to see some white boys and some black queens wearing each other's shirts," he said in a video introducing them.

Hanks, who previously went viral in January of 2020 for using a Jamaican accent at the Golden Globes when his father won the Cecil B DeMille Award, is launching an online acting class The Actors Advantage on Monday.

(That online acting class will presumably be him rapping "The Actor's Advantage is to have a famous actor father" for two hours.) But it seems everything he does is terrible, doesn't it? I mean there's deliberately courting controversy for publicity, and there's choosing to launch a clothing line called White Boy Summer at one of the most racially sensitive times in recent history. No wonder Hanks Snr. has fucked off to Australia.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I wasn't even aware that Tom Hanks had another son apart from Colin. Seems like this one is the idiot son that he's a bit embarrassed about. He even looks stupid.

frajer

Tom Hanks could not be reached for comment but was overheard to say "fuck's sake" under his breath.

jobotic

Classic idiot born into enormous wealth trying to find something to occupy his time, knowing that no matter how much of a shit failure it all is he'll be just fine.

Fair play for trying to row it back at least. Too many cunts would have turned this into a nice, easy grift.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

"Chet" actually sounds like a word Nathan Barley would use to describe something as being good.

Blumf

From the S**, so not linking:
QuoteIf you want to take part in Chet's White Boy Summer, there are some rules you need to follow.

You aren't allowed to wear plaid shirts because, as Chet told his followers, "you can't be looking like a picnic table out here".

Instead you must wear black or white t-shirts - preferably White Boy Summer merch.

He also canceled out Sperry Top-Siders and boat shoes are a no, but Vans and Jordans are allowed.

Men are also advised to stop calling women "smoke shows" as a compliment.

Lastly, he requested that anyone who owns salmon-colored clothes to "burn it, burn that s**t, don't ever wear that again."

I think I break the picnic table rule, what a shame.

Totally on board with the top-siders/boat shoes rule, those things are an ugly mess!

jobotic

So what the fuck word am i supposed to use to compliment women if I can't call them "smoke shows"?

I'm going back to "you're one hell of a broad, hot lips".

Captain Z

Chet Haze does sound exactly like the name of a NASCAR driver.

frajer

Hi I'm Chet Haze and if you want to take part in White Boy Summer, wear White Boy Summer merch you dumb picnic table!

seepage

'phone convo overheard at work a while back:

John will do it. <Big data IT speak: blah blah blah blah>
You know him, he wears check shirts all the time.  <IT speak: blah blah blah blah>
yes, he does look like a lumberjack. <IT speak: blah blah blah blah>
yes, he does sleep all night and works all day.
etc

Kelvin

Bernice

I want to call him a massive tit but, to be fair to the lad, the phrase 'white boy summer' has worked itself right into my noggin and there's no chance I won't be using it all (white boy) summer.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on April 01, 2021, 01:37:23 PM
I wasn't even aware that Tom Hanks had another son apart from Colin. Seems like this one is the idiot son that he's a bit embarrassed about. He even looks stupid.

Colin grew up with Bosom Buddies Tom Hanks, Chet grew up with 2 time Academy Award winning National Treasure™ Tom Hanks. Really explains the discrepancy of cuntishness.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Yes, it is quite authentic sounding. Maybe he should be cast in the upcoming Snow biopic, "A Licky Bum Bum Down".

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

White Boy Summer has officially begun:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=9VUhQZvWIXM

I like the bit where he bangs his head on the arse.

steve98

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on April 16, 2021, 06:18:48 AM

12 seconds I gave it. He can fuck right off with that shit

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Steve, you lack grit and resolve, and there will be no White Boy Summer for you.

steve98

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on April 16, 2021, 06:52:20 AM
Steve, you lack grit and resolve, and there will be no White Boy Summer for you.

Don't you worry about this white boy's summer: I'm goin' where the sun shines brightly, (and the chicks are groovy!)

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on April 16, 2021, 06:18:48 AM

If he was really racist, would he have paid several black and Latino sex workers to rub their arses in his face? I think not. Checkmate libs.

Chedney Honks

Given that cultural delineation is simply a white middle class pursuit, I have no issue with the patois or 'appropriation' which simply obfuscates the class divide, but I don't understand why he has to spray the arses with Lynx.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on April 01, 2021, 02:13:56 PM
Fair play for trying to row it back at least. Too many cunts would have turned this into a nice, easy grift.

Baby hitler tried to row it back, but they wouldn't listen

steve98

Quote from: Chedney Honks on April 16, 2021, 07:12:52 AM
Given that cultural delineation is simply a white middle class pursuit, I have no issue with the patois or 'appropriation' which simply obfuscates the class divide, but I don't understand why he has to spray the arses with Lynx.

Dunno....... Why does he have to slap them like they were bongos, human bongos? Surely that's racist? Rat a tat ta, rat a tat ta, bongoin' away on their "big black asses."
His dad Tom's (America's dad) gonna look at that and think - For fuck's sake, what is this shit?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on April 16, 2021, 07:09:12 AM
If he was really racist, would he have paid several black and Latino sex workers to rub their arses in his face? I think not. Checkmate libs.

Fucking litterer though.