Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:05:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tom Hanks's son stars in US remake of Nathan Barley

Started by Icehaven, April 01, 2021, 01:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve98

Only good thing that might come from that crap is some kindda White Boy Starmer pastiche

New Page. I've amusingly substituted Starmer for "Summer"

Paul Calf

Bernice

Dunno what to make of this. On the one hand it's a (knowing?) distillation of rich white boy privilege so pure and perfect that it genuinely makes me laugh. On the other hand, everything else.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on April 16, 2021, 06:18:48 AM
White Boy Summer has officially begun:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=9VUhQZvWIXM

I like the bit where he bangs his head on the arse.
Not sure how sexy that bit was meant to be, but it made me think of Benny Hill's head-slapping

Dex Sawash

phantom_power

I love the elongated "rrrrrrrrrrrrrr" he does at the end of the second patois clip. Keeps making me laugh just thinking about it. I might end every sentence like that now, rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

lipsink

Is he just trolling his progressive dad?

Hanks Snr watching the video:

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: icehaven on April 01, 2021, 01:02:33 PM
The font furore is a bit beyond me, I genuinely had no idea any particular fonts were associated with white supremacy but fair enough, and I can see what they mean about the Fraktur fonts and Nazism, however it's the whole package that is Hanks' son that delights me;
The Nazis actually banned Fraktur/Blackletter because they thought it was a bit Jewish, something lost on neonazis who borrowed it from heavy metal album covers. I'm not saying Hanks is less of an asshole, and the fact that Fraktur is associated with gangsta rap makes a rich white guy appropriating it almost as bad as if it was Nazi. But it's also the font of the New York Times masthead which means it is also suitable for dickhead white dudes who aren't quite racist. No need to change your pub sign just yet.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Much as he is obviously a dick, it was kind of hard to get angry at him just cause it was very funny, the concept of Tom Hanks having an embarrassing fratboy son. Just googled him now though and there's stuff about allegations of domestic abuse and that, so I don't find him funny any more