Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:08:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Disney Announces Obi-Wan Kenobi Star Wars Series

Started by St_Eddie, April 02, 2021, 12:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

As per IndieWire...

QuoteThe story begins 10 years after the splatterific events of 'Star Wars: Revenge of the Shit' where Kenobi (he's got the keno-how) faced his greatest defeat: the downfall and corruption of his annoying, whiny apprentice, Anakin Skinwanker, turned evil Sith Lord, Darth Icky.

Ewan McGregor is set to portray Obi-Wan Kenobi and will presumably somehow magically age into Alec Guinness within the 10 years between this series and A New Hope. Hayden Christensen, who slept-walked through his role as an Emo Mope in the prequel trilogy, will also reprise his role. God help us all.

Disney announced a slew of other cast members in late March: Charles Ingram, Joel Edgelord, Bonnie and Clyde, Rupert the Fiend, Michael Jackson, Kodos & Kang, Simone Kessell Run, and Benny the Rat, who will all appear in the series.

Though Disney has yet to announce a release date for the series, production is set to begin in April. Star Wars fans have plenty to complain about in the meantime, except for Eric Butts, who will love it and cry tears of joy at the sight of so much as a piece of belly button lint, just providing that it's branded as official Star Wars merchandise.

EOLAN

Why does it have to ten years. Why not 1000 years. Thought it was a galaxy far far away so their orbits and mortality rates could well be vastly different. Don't restrict the imagination to earthly timelines.

evilcommiedictator

10 years? Haven't we seen enough of Uncle Fucking Owen and Aunt Bitch Beru?
Make it 2 years and use any other place than Tattooine, jfc

Butchers Blind

I hope they do it as a farce with Obi getting into all sorts of ludicrously improbable situations that end in him losing his trousers. Every episode.

bgmnts

I wanna see Luke and Biggs in Beggars Canyon stumbling upon a space grot mag.

dissolute ocelot

As long as it has cute aliens. Is The Last Jedi so cancelled that porgs are no longer part of the Star Wars universe?

Replies From View

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.  Who will even remember this very minor character from Star wars.

Anakin/Darth better not meet Obi Wan in this. Would kind of spoil their New Hope scene.

Sounds like it will be the masked Darth Vader we recognise, but with Hayden Christensen's voice only, as we can't see his face. Would I watch that?

"NOOOOOOOOOO!"

druss

Quote from: thecuriousorange on April 03, 2021, 02:24:36 AM
Anakin/Darth better not meet Obi Wan in this. Would kind of spoil their New Hope scene.
Revenge of the Sith spoiled that years ago.

surreal

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on April 02, 2021, 07:39:35 AM
10 years? Haven't we seen enough of Uncle Fucking Owen and Aunt Bitch Beru?
Make it 2 years and use any other place than Tattooine, jfc

Also means that Luke will be 10, meaning that we are sure to see a low-quality whiny pre-teen hilariously bumping in the the crazy old wizard and needing rescue from various things, but obviously showing incredible force aptitude.  Would have been better set immediately after when they would be searching for Obi-Wan more intently

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on April 02, 2021, 10:24:05 PM
Really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.  Who will even remember this very minor character from Star wars.

Ponda Baba died for your sins and don't you forget it!

Quote from: surreal on April 03, 2021, 10:21:58 AM
Also means that Luke will be 10, meaning that we are sure to see a low-quality whiny pre-teen hilariously bumping in the the crazy old wizard and needing rescue from various things, but obviously showing incredible force aptitude.  Would have been better set immediately after when they would be searching for Obi-Wan more intently

It's interesting to note that Hayden Christensen is reprising his role for this series, despite the fact that at this point in the timeline Darth Vader is a thing.  Is it going to be Hayden Christensen stumbling around in a Vader suit, like he did in Revenge of the Sith and shouting "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"?

JamesTC

I'm assuming there will be flashbacks to before Revenge of the Sith.

Replies From View

Custard

Is James Earl Grey still doing the voice? Surely they won't have numpty from the prequels doing it?

samadriel

I thought they got James Earl Jones to do the Nooooooo?

An tSaoi

Yes, uncredited, as he was in the original versions of the original films.

Replies From View

No point in making this is there now that the green cross code man has died

Dex Sawash