What do you think about vaccine "passports"

Should be required for all leisure venues
15 (31.3%)
Should be optional for all leisure venues
4 (8.3%)
Oppose
29 (60.4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Vaccine "passports"  (Read 1993 times)

Blinder Data

• Use your library
Re: Vaccine "passports"
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2021, 07:25:24 PM »
OF COURSE this government supports a passport that grants boomers exclusive pub privileges

it will be in red white and blue with a picture of Boris clutching a pint and exclaiming: "have a frothy one on me, chaps!"

I love this country

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2021, 07:55:15 PM »
Most people will have the jab, what's the problem carrying a piece of paper around - or better still having a microchip inserted in the base of the neck with all your details that can be scanned by Wetherspoons when you go for your weekly curry and mild?

George Oscar Bluth II

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2021, 04:20:36 PM »
Alternatively: since most people will have the jab when offered, why do we even need it?

imitationleather

• "The French... are famous... for their kissing"
    • http://last.fm/user/ImiLeathr
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2021, 05:58:14 PM »
Alternatively: since most people will have the jab when offered, why do we even need it?

Exactly.

Fuck off this passport bullshit. It's a way of introducing never-ending controls of us by the backdoor.

Chedney Honks

• When life gives u no hair, ball spin
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2021, 06:46:11 PM »
Guess whos not had the jeb

BlodwynPig

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2021, 06:48:51 PM »
Exactly.

Fuck off this passport bullshit. It's a way of introducing never-ending controls of us by the backdoor.

No. If I get a sense they will do that I'll just bin the passport and kick the bouncer into next year.

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
  • MAKE ROOM FOR THE MUSHROOMS
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2021, 02:29:50 PM »
In Keith news Keith has come out against vaccine "passports" being used within the UK.

Starmer told reporters on a visit to Plymouth: "I think it is inevitable that we will have vaccine passports for international travel. That seems to be the international consensus. But we do not back the government's plans domestically because those plans are not through through. They will lead to discrimination and they change every five minutes."

I don't think we've heard the full plans for when vaccine "passports" will be used within the UK, have we? Keith being against doesn't mean you have to be for it but I thought it was interesting to mention.

George Oscar Bluth II

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2021, 04:40:39 PM »
those plans are not through through

A+ transcription from whatever site you pasted that from

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
  • MAKE ROOM FOR THE MUSHROOMS
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2021, 06:18:26 PM »
I think it was BBC News.

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2021, 12:00:46 AM »
IMO it's not necessary within the UK once herd immunity is achieved, with the caveat that pub opening etc may need to be delayed a bit longer. So what. Personally I've wiped this year.

It is necessary for international travel only, but I'd suggest a paper only version (of vaccination certificate) is put in your passport, to avoid Big Brother issues (i.e. nothing digital or requiring login to your medical records or tracking). Like we do for visas. Medconfidential wrote a good piece on this, based on their understanding of health data Big Brother shenanigans, which I would commend to the collective:

https://medconfidential.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/vaccination-certificates-details.pdf

BlodwynPig

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2021, 08:14:57 AM »
I endorse your message Pinball.

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2021, 10:33:31 AM »
Someone will be trying to make money from this, probably with the full support of the government. A survey I did the other day was asking whether I would be willing to pay for a vaccine passport app. (I made it clear in my comments that for the government not to provide this for free would be discriminatory and unacceptable.)

bakabaka

• Have we got over our differences yet? (ho/hum)
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2021, 11:03:38 AM »
As a freelance designer I ,for one, welcome our new covid passports.
It's an obvious gift to the freelance community like Eat Out to Spread Out. My 'office' is within 500 metres of three pubs, so being able to produce a passable passport for punters without one at short notice should be a quick and easy earner. And, of course, it will all be cash-in-hand so we won't lose any of it to the taxman. And as it will help their businesses, I can't see why any of the pubs would refuse to let me post a flyer advertising my services in their doorways.[1]
Who knows, I might even get a few free pints.

Bring it on!
 1. Like the "Can't pass your driving test? Call ***********" stickers you see around here.

Tags: