Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:51:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Vaccine "passports"

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 02, 2021, 10:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think about vaccine "passports"

Should be required for all leisure venues
17 (30.4%)
Should be optional for all leisure venues
4 (7.1%)
Oppose
35 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Blinder Data

OF COURSE this government supports a passport that grants boomers exclusive pub privileges

it will be in red white and blue with a picture of Boris clutching a pint and exclaiming: "have a frothy one on me, chaps!"

I love this country

BlodwynPig

Most people will have the jab, what's the problem carrying a piece of paper around - or better still having a microchip inserted in the base of the neck with all your details that can be scanned by Wetherspoons when you go for your weekly curry and mild?

George Oscar Bluth II

Alternatively: since most people will have the jab when offered, why do we even need it?

imitationleather

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on April 06, 2021, 04:20:36 PM
Alternatively: since most people will have the jab when offered, why do we even need it?

Exactly.

Fuck off this passport bullshit. It's a way of introducing never-ending controls of us by the backdoor.

Chedney Honks

Guess whos not had the jeb

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on April 06, 2021, 05:58:14 PM
Exactly.

Fuck off this passport bullshit. It's a way of introducing never-ending controls of us by the backdoor.

No. If I get a sense they will do that I'll just bin the passport and kick the bouncer into next year.

Fambo Number Mive

In Keith news Keith has come out against vaccine "passports" being used within the UK.

QuoteStarmer told reporters on a visit to Plymouth: "I think it is inevitable that we will have vaccine passports for international travel. That seems to be the international consensus. But we do not back the government's plans domestically because those plans are not through through. They will lead to discrimination and they change every five minutes."

I don't think we've heard the full plans for when vaccine "passports" will be used within the UK, have we? Keith being against doesn't mean you have to be for it but I thought it was interesting to mention.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quotethose plans are not through through

A+ transcription from whatever site you pasted that from

Fambo Number Mive

Pinball

IMO it's not necessary within the UK once herd immunity is achieved, with the caveat that pub opening etc may need to be delayed a bit longer. So what. Personally I've wiped this year.

It is necessary for international travel only, but I'd suggest a paper only version (of vaccination certificate) is put in your passport, to avoid Big Brother issues (i.e. nothing digital or requiring login to your medical records or tracking). Like we do for visas. Medconfidential wrote a good piece on this, based on their understanding of health data Big Brother shenanigans, which I would commend to the collective:

https://medconfidential.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/vaccination-certificates-details.pdf

BlodwynPig

I endorse your message Pinball.

olliebean

Someone will be trying to make money from this, probably with the full support of the government. A survey I did the other day was asking whether I would be willing to pay for a vaccine passport app. (I made it clear in my comments that for the government not to provide this for free would be discriminatory and unacceptable.)

bakabaka

As a freelance designer I ,for one, welcome our new covid passports.
It's an obvious gift to the freelance community like Eat Out to Spread Out. My 'office' is within 500 metres of three pubs, so being able to produce a passable passport for punters without one at short notice should be a quick and easy earner. And, of course, it will all be cash-in-hand so we won't lose any of it to the taxman. And as it will help their businesses, I can't see why any of the pubs would refuse to let me post a flyer advertising my services in their doorways.[nb]Like the "Can't pass your driving test? Call ***********" stickers you see around here.[/nb]
Who knows, I might even get a few free pints.

Bring it on!

steveh

So (in England at least) the NHS app now incorporates the vaccine passport functionality: https://twitter.com/PrivacyMatters/status/1394615365766877190.

shiftwork2

Has there been an official announcement??  Looks fully functional to me, big fat QR code.

Us decrepit fat cunts are going to have a VIP summertime special!

shiftwork2

There are options to download a PDF copy or to have one emailed to you.

olliebean

Not especially convenient; you have to log in manually (i.e., no Google smartlock or whatever it's called) with email and password every time you open the app.

shiftwork2

Works with fingerprint on my iPhone, not enabled by default.

olliebean

My phone is a hoary old thing which knows nothing of these "fingerprints" of which you speak.

mothman

Set it up the other day. I think it asked if I would allow facial recognition.

Drygate

Cool. Is it going to be linked to some kind of facial recognition tech so the cameras at the pub can save you the hassle of having to get your phone out?

Fambo Number Mive

Really wish Tony Blair was banned from speaking to the media on any.subject ever again. Or at least that he could only speak after drinking a pint of hot sauce.

Pinball

Yes I wish that ID card prick would fuck off.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

George Oscar Bluth II

Can only conclude he's actually against vaccine passports and knows that the way to turn people against them is for him to come out in favour

Midas

Tony Blair,
Tory in Lab.
Tony Blair,
Try oil nab.

Libya torn,
Bony trail,

Tony Blair,
Try no bail.

:)

olliebean

A bizarre look of crazed enthusiasm on his face as he talked about them on Marr, somewhat reminiscent of Liz Truss going on about cheese.

Pinball

He does have a wild eye about him. Like a rabid dog.