Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:57:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Good Friday

Started by bgmnts, April 02, 2021, 12:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

How are we all commemorating the hot ripped Jesus getting pinned to wood to save us from us being bad? Orthodox? Protestant? Catholic?

Are any of us indulging in a nice hot crossy bun?

Buelligan

Don't have them here.  Settled for a croissant, which is moon-shaped and sent a little prayer up to Artemis.

bgmnts

Quote from: Buelligan on April 02, 2021, 12:35:06 PM
Don't have them here.  Settled for a croissant, which is moon-shaped and sent a little prayer up to Artemis.

Venerating the goddess of hunting!? Poor form! Disappoint.

JamesTC

Why do Christians call it Good Friday when it is the day their leader was nailed to a tree?

Wouldn't it be better to call it Solemn Friday or Hot Cross Bunday?

Buelligan

Quote from: bgmnts on April 02, 2021, 12:36:35 PM
Venerating the goddess of hunting!? Poor form! Disappoint.

But who or what do we hunt?  Many's the time I've walked home after midnight, across the mountains, under the sharp new moon and thought about joining that wild procession, rioting and leaping through the woods, in search of men in camouflage with rifles.  Maybe to the sound of banjos, maybe a syrinx, who knows?

bakabaka

No hot cross buns here[nb]other than the Aldi chiili and cheese ones, obviously[/nb] as we're making the traditional Easter biscuits that we make every year.

Recipe

Butchers Blind

I'm nailing a hot cross bun to a hot cross nun.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

🎵 Happy Deathday Jesus! 🎵
🎵 Happy Deathday Jesus! 🎵
🎵 Happy Deathday!
🎵

Gulftastic

Quote from: bakabaka on April 02, 2021, 12:54:57 PM
No hot cross buns here[nb]other than the Aldi chiili and cheese ones, obviously[/nb] as we're making the traditional Easter biscuits that we make every year.

RENEW! RENEW!!

seepage

Aldi apple & cinnamon and Aldi brioche hot cross buns - not keen on either.

Ferrari Perlé for later.

imitationleather

Recipe

Spent ages wondering what Red Hand of Ulster cookies had to do with easter before I realised what it actually was.

Buelligan

Well, you've really gone and pissed on those for me now.

I found them quite attractive.  A bit like those silver/pretend silver votive things you see in Catholic churches thanking God for fixing your leg or whatever (always make me contemplate a suitable gift if God's fixes your arsehole, I'm afraid).  I like those anyway and thought these, if expanded to all body parts would make a fun replacement for the host.  Hope I'm not causing offence, it's not intentional.

BlodwynPig

flotemysost

Went for a walk and saw some duckies having a gang bang earlier, which is sort of Easter-y.

Now drinking a nice merlot, which also feels fitting as I know Jesus was partial to a bit of vino. I reckon Legend Judas would have ordered a round of Jager bombs for the table at the Last Supper, though. "'Ere, Pubes Christ, drink ye all of this, ya fackin ponce!"

Chedney Honks

I took the day off because I still feel like pure shit after my vax and played Monster Hunter for about ten hours.

Dyl Spinks

Quote from: Chedney Honks on April 02, 2021, 07:03:07 PM
I took the day off because I still feel like pure shit after my vax and played Monster Hunter for about ten hours.

I nearly just bought Monster Hunter for my youngest daughter about five minutes ago, coincidentally, but settled on one called Ark:Survival or something like that instead, about taming dinosaurs. Your post makes me think i got it wrong, maybe? She loved Jurassic World:Evolution and Maneater (shark game), so was looking for something perhaps in a similar vein. 

wooders1978

My mother very sternly told me off for ringing her to wish her a happy Easter, it is a "very sad day" apparently - whoops

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

But by wishing her a happy Easter, surely you were referring to Easter Sunday, when Our Lord Jesus Christ rose again, which is of course a joyous day? If anything, it's your Mum who needs a good telling off.

Pranet

During the 1966 World Cup, the North Korean football team were put up at a Catholic Seminary. It completely terrified them. What sort of place were they staying in that had sculptures of a torture victim hanging in every room?

Or so I vaguely remember reading once.

EOLAN

Just watched the Long Good Friday

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I treated you lot well, even when you was AAHT OF ORDER.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Dyl Spinks on April 02, 2021, 07:38:39 PM
I nearly just bought Monster Hunter for my youngest daughter about five minutes ago, coincidentally, but settled on one called Ark:Survival or something like that instead, about taming dinosaurs. Your post makes me think i got it wrong, maybe? She loved Jurassic World:Evolution and Maneater (shark game), so was looking for something perhaps in a similar vein.

You probably made a good choice. Monster Hunter is more about hitting the monsters in the head with a hammer and turning their spine into a baseball bat. It's more of a gamer wanker game.

wooders1978

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on April 02, 2021, 08:45:00 PM
But by wishing her a happy Easter, surely you were referring to Easter Sunday, when Our Lord Jesus Christ rose again, which is of course a joyous day? If anything, it's your Mum who needs a good telling off.

I'm to ring her again on Sunday, the correct day for Easter well wishing

Shoulders?-Stomach!

First trip outside 5 square miles near me since December. Went to Langsett Reservoir then out and up over the tops down to Dunford Bridge, before well-maintained, boring but necessary trans-pennine trail back to the start. Clocked up 10ish miles which my body is telling me is a good start.

Busy near the car park and the reservoir but didn't take long before we got shot of the timewasters it was just us for miles in any directions. Sunny, so the clumps of moorland grass were warm and yellow. Lambing has started, a few rabbits and hares starting to explore their spring surroundings.

Didn't think about our Lord Jesus Christ even the once, which is how he'd have wanted it, I reckon.

steve98

He's down in Hell, while you're gamboling with your lambs.

katzenjammer

Recipe

If you ever get bored of them you could try making some traditional Spanish Easter biscuits

idunnosomename

love to think someone with a poorly arse made a wax votive of it and left it at a saint's shrine

markburgle

Quote from: JamesTC on April 02, 2021, 12:40:32 PM
Why do Christians call it Good Friday when it is the day their leader was nailed to a tree?

Wouldn't it be better to call it Solemn Friday or Hot Cross Bunday?

Pretty sure Friday is the day he rolled the stone back and went "ta daaa"