Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:00:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Government launches 'Bums on Buses' campaign.

Started by Glebe, April 02, 2021, 12:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

The government has launched the 'Bums on Buses' campaign to help get people back on public transport.

"It's been a tough time during lockdown, but we want as many people as possible back out and using public transport as soon as possible," smiled Transport Minister Kier Starmer today. "And we've had a little help from a familiar face in our doings!"

Indeed, as actor John Challis, who you may know as criminal car dealer 'Aubrey Boycie' from the comedy show Only the Fools and Horses is fronting the campaign!

"I'm the face of the bums!" laughs 86 year-old John when I talk to him via a Zoom this afternoon. "Although I shouldn't say that as it suggests sitting on faces. Sorry. In any case, let's get those bums on buses!"

Thanks John, and remember... get out there and get y'bum on buses!

BlodwynPig

i couldn't give two quarters of a bollock what the government wants me to do. the government can shove its taint up its arse

bgmnts

Just injected my buttocks full of homemade explosives.

Mr Banlon

I live 7 miles south of Harrow. It's quicker for me to get a train to Paddington, a Bakerloo to Baker St and then a Big Met back to Harrow than it is to get the one 140 bus to Harrow.

Glebe

Quote from: Mr Banlon on April 02, 2021, 04:30:41 PMI live 7 miles south of Harrow. It's quicker for me to get a train to Paddington, a Bakerloo to Baker St and then a Big Met back to Harrow than it is to get the one 140 bus to Harrow.

We've all got to do our share Mr Banlon. Come on... get those bums on buses!

Glebe

The campaign has ended, in case anyone was wondering.