Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:03:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Comrades of the Rings

Started by Blumf, April 05, 2021, 06:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

A made for TV version of LotR, The Fellowship of the Ring, produced in the late Soviet Union (~1991) has turned up on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vquKyNdgH3s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLevCLNnLmg

Unfortunately, no English subs yet. Also, production values aren't exactly going to challenge the Jackson version, but I know there's Tolkien fans out there, so for completeness.

Dive in here (randomly selected), and see if you can guess what part of the story it is, and who the characters are.

BlodwynPig

Actually a theatre production made into a TV version

bakabaka

I tried watching this a couple of days ago but it's too painful. Though I did like the way all the big CGI scenes were done by having a narrator in a smoking jacket tell you what happened with an oddly ironic smirk on his face.

Oh, and the title is 'The Travellers'.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Blumf on April 05, 2021, 06:49:44 PM

Dive in here (randomly selected), and see if you can guess what part of the story it is, and who the characters are.

Falconhoof?

mothman

Quote from: Dex Sawash on April 05, 2021, 08:23:17 PM
Falconhoof?

One of the great sequences of sketches you wish there'd have been more of, while suspecting that about as much had been done with it as could have been.

bakabaka

Pink Gregory

They couldn't get an actual ring for the shots of the ring?

Blumf

Quote from: Pink Gregory on April 07, 2021, 07:34:41 AM
They couldn't get an actual ring for the shots of the ring?

I love the sans-serif font they used for the inscription.

timebug

There is also the Finnish TV version 'Hobitit' which is all up on YouTube. The complete story....except...it follows Frodo and Sam so all the big battle scenes are missing! Good fun if you can stand the cheesiness of it all though.