Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:07:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

LOKI

Started by Butchers Blind, April 05, 2021, 08:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: colacentral on June 13, 2021, 09:36:51 AM
there's always the possibility that they actually make Loki become Kang somehow

Doubtful as Jonathan Majors already cast, unless Loki is somehow racially fluid aswell. Come to think of it, one of the Time keepers and their statue bears a striking resemblance to said actor.

Dr Rock

'We Time-Keepers have seen the multiverse war, now that we have made the Sacred Timeline, it must never happen again'
'Wise words. We need some kind of organisation to keep check of any breaks in the Sacred Timeline, to capture and detain these... variants'
'Yes make a great army of mighty warriors, we can make them as powerful as Captain Marvel, or a Titan, or yet more powerful'
'Hmm. I was thinking of basing them on Earth humans...'
'Earth humans? Out of all the possibilities in the universe... the multiverse? Puny earth humans?'
'We could give them some little weapons'

Lord Mandrake

Yes, it's not gone unnoticed that out of the various species we've already encountered the TVA seems to be exclusively human, not necessarily from earth. I'm confident the writers have their reasons, budget is not an issue on these projects.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on June 13, 2021, 05:28:43 PM
Doubtful as Jonathan Majors already cast, unless Loki is somehow racially fluid aswell.
He can make himself look like anyone be wants. I'm not sure why skin tone should be a limiting factor.

Lord Mandrake

That's true, forgot his shape shifting abilities, still, I think Kang is too big a charachter to be amalgamated like that.

Glebe

Thought this was okay, I can forgive the exposition and slightly jumbled nature of it given that it's the first episode and all. After the more 'real-world' Falcon and the Winter Soldier, it's nice to have a bit of Wandavision-style wackiness, with Miss Minutes and all that. Yeah, Gilliam's Brazil a definite influence, as you could tell by the trailers. The TVA are right clumsy fuckers for such a supposedly-powerful organisation, aren't they?!

Dr Rock

Episode 2 'available' now.

At one point he revealed he has a power that I reckoned could've meant Thanos didn't kill him, but maybe not.

Lord Mandrake

Spoiler alert
Owen Wlison is going to ride off into the sunset on a Jet-Ski, guaranteed.
[close]

Spoiler alert
Lady Loki exploding the timelines probably heralds the first teaser for Spider-man NWH within the next week or after next week's episode.
[close]

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 16, 2021, 11:09:41 AM
Episode 2 'available' now.

At one point he revealed he has a power that I reckoned could've meant Thanos didn't kill him, but maybe not.

Was it that he's a frequent asphyxi-wanker?

touchingcloth

The set and costume design in the Pompeii scenes were laughable. Sub-Horrible Histories.

letsgobrian

One of the dubbing credits possibly spoils
Spoiler alert
The Variant's true identity. They list "The Variant" as "Sylvie". Which would be Sylvie Lushton, the second Enchantress. In the comics, she was created on a whim by Loki as a human who thinks they are an Asgardian. The outfit here though is inspired by God of Stories version of Loki from the Agent of Asgard comics. Steve Englehart and Keith Pollard get a special thanks amongst the comics creators listed, which means something in this episode came from their Fantastic Four run, but I have no idea what.
[close]

colacentral

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 16, 2021, 11:51:46 PM
The set and costume design in the Pompeii scenes were laughable. Sub-Horrible Histories.

If you look closely, you can see Picard in the background playing his flute.

Dr Rock

Something I don't understand. The TVA show Loki all these different Lokis, one is like a troll, it seems they are from different timelines or alternate dimensions in the multiverse. But there's only one Sacred Timeline now, no multiverse. So where are they coming from? Timelines that were destroyed but these Lokis escaped? They are not all versions of Loki from this one timeline are they? So what's the deal with that?

Lord Mandrake

Like, multiverses are always there and therefore so are multiple timelines. So, whatever they say or beleive, they are only pruning branches that generate from their specific timeline? Maybe all those other Lokis are bullshit, both the TVA and Loki are pawns in someone else's game.

If Loki didn't take the tesseract, Iron man and cap don't go back to the 70's and get another plus more pym particles which would mean cap wouldn't have been able to go back again and replace the stones... it's fuckin messy.

Dr Rock

I think the TVA are probably bullshitting, but Loki could've said 'I thought there was only one timeline, where are all these alternate mes coming from?'

Lord Mandrake

They'd just truncheon him.

Dr Rock

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 17, 2021, 11:00:08 AM
I think the TVA are probably bullshitting, but Loki could've said 'I thought there was only one timeline, where are all these alternate mes coming from?'

Time travel is a piece of shit plot device. It always raises ten times as many questions as it can hope to answer, and I think that's the main thing that's going to make me struggle to enjoy this series as much as the other two Marvel ones.

Lord Mandrake

The Endgame writers left a big bloody mess for their final hurrah and now they're getting writers like Waldron to try and untangle it but it's like a dreamcatcher that's been on spin cycle.

Dr Rock

Also some people survived Pompeii

Lord Mandrake

The meta ending will just be Kevin Feige personally truncheoning the entire MCU fan base.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 17, 2021, 11:14:31 AM
Also some people survived Pompeii

Pliny the Younger famously so.

I wonder if they'll have an episode where Bad Loki has hidden himself on the 105th floor of the south tower of the World Trade Centre.

colacentral

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on June 17, 2021, 11:13:52 AM
The Endgame writers left a big bloody mess for their final hurrah and now they're getting writers like Waldron to try and untangle it but it's like a dreamcatcher that's been on spin cycle.

I think the Endgame time travel made enough vague sense to work, but they fucked it with the Captain America bit at the end which totally contradicted it.

A simple solution would have been to say that their wrist devices stored the co-ordinates for each different timeline they'd been to (like fast travel in a game), then said Cap nipped back into the main one as an old man.

Loki stuff doesn't make sense, particularly in the example he gave. If he pushed Hulk off the bridge, then Hulk doesn't survive and go into space etc. Pretty bollocks really.

Whatever though, I can just go along with it.

Lord Mandrake

Captain America has absolutely fucked time.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on June 17, 2021, 01:04:45 PM
Captain America has absolutely fucked timeAgent Carter.

FTFY

Lord Mandrake

He got off with his neice too. He also beat himself up and cruelly mentioned Bucky being alive without doing anything about it, ignored Isiah Bradley? Caused an existential crisis in Falcon man and just buggered off to who knows where.. A total time idiot.

Butchers Blind

Now that's a series Marvel should make - Captain America: Time Idiot.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on June 17, 2021, 03:28:12 PM
He got off with his neice too. He also beat himself up and cruelly mentioned Bucky being alive without doing anything about it, ignored Isiah Bradley? Caused an existential crisis in Falcon man and just buggered off to who knows where.. A total time idiot.

The ending of Endgame implies quite heavily that Steve and Bucky had discussed the go back and live in the past plan. I can't imagine Bucky wouldn't have said "you know when you go back to the past forever - you're going to rescue old Buck from decades of psychological and physical torture, right?" or have wandered over to have a chat with old Steve once Sam was done collecting the shield. It'd have been a great ending if we saw Bucky walking off frame towards Steve, and then heard a yelped "WHAT THE SHIT, STEVE?" maybe with that scene of Steve and Peggy dancing intercut with one of Bucky absolutely battering the fuck out of a pensioner.

Lord Mandrake

Haha..

Speaking of Buck and Falc. The actors seem to have pissed allover the well meaning social commentary of that show by having a massive case of the notgays (love the gays but definitely notgay) and Seb Stan defending his girlfriends use of blackface and personally liking very racist youtube videos.

touchingcloth