Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:52:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

YouTuber plagiarises Nathan For You

Started by Petey Pate, April 06, 2021, 01:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petey Pate

So this British YouTube prankster Niko Omilana has gone viral with a video with a premise that's a total rip off of the Dumb Starbucks episode of Nathan For You, except far less clever and funny.  I have to say it gave me a new appreciation for the comedy of Nathan Fielder, who is leagues above such witless prank humour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0eT9evmL0A

johnlogan

Didn't watch all of it, but that's pretty fucking blatant.

sevendaughters

Bit of an endless rabbit hole, man plagiarised plagiarism stunt. Obviously not as clever and doesn't really hurt Fielder. I dislike the self aggrandisement and desperation to be loved more than the rip off.

Fr.Bigley

Vapid. Unoriginal. Tedious. This really is the zeitgeist now. Can't wait to get Alzheimer's and forget YouTube was ever a thing. 

Ant Farm Keyboard

How do we know it's not just a deliberate attempt at plagiarizing Nathan for You in order to help a totally different local business?

rude soil

Noticed this when he made the fake McDonald's. This one looks like he is just using it as a premise for drive-through pranks.

sevendaughters

he literally quotes the parody law bit in the first 20 sec