Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:16:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lil' Clotta confirmed

Started by Chedney Honks, April 07, 2021, 04:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

Extremely rare link but AZ is tanking like Oxbridge cunts on a leaky punt.

flotemysost

You've seen FONDANT LUNG... now here's TREACLE VEIN

Most types of the Pill probably carry a considerably greater level of risk AFAIK. Long haul flights are a common risk factor as well obvs. Not saying that people shouldn't take notice of these reports at all (I've got a family history of treacle vein myself) but yeah all the headlines are making me despair a little.

bgmnts

Floating along the nice lakefront,
Accosted by an Oxbridge cunt,
His tone was patronising and blunt,
So I laughed as he sank in his leaky punt.

Pinball

How many stupid people worldwide will now not get vaccinated and then die of Covid?

AZ produced this vaccine as a not for profit venture. Given the damage it has done to the company, I wonder if they now wish they hadn't bothered?

poo

Probability of a 40-49 year old becoming seriously ill from AZ is about 1%

Probability of a 40-49 year old being admitted to ICU with C19 is about 5%

I'll take the clotta, but no denying this isn't a thing

BlodwynPig

Quote from: poo on April 08, 2021, 09:17:01 AM

Does that 5% include exposure risk or is it if you are infected only?

shiftwork2

Quote from: poo on April 08, 2021, 09:17:01 AM

Both probabilities seem rather high, have you got a source?

JaDanketies

QuoteBased on the figures announced today by the UK medicines regulator, if 10 million imaginary people were given the AZ vaccine you might expect to see 40 of these clots - with about 10 clots having fatal consequences.

That's roughly the same risk as being murdered in the next month or - if you get in a car and drive for 250 miles - the risk of you dying in a road accident on that journey.

Roughly 40 men and 100 women in our imaginary group of 10 million might expect to have one of these clots in any given year without vaccination, with more seen in younger people.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-56665396

I didn't do maths after high school but I believe this puts the risk at 0.004% of hospitalisation for AZ?

If the same number got COVID:

QuoteGiven the same number of infected 40-year-olds, 16 might be expected to die. And the number of expected fatalities would be even lower for people in their 20s and 30s.

So for younger age groups the choice over whether to have the AZ vaccine is not as clear cut, especially when there are so many uncertainties in all these figures.

But death isn't the only issue. About a quarter of people who end up in intensive care with Covid have some form of clot resulting from the virus.

And long Covid is more likely to affect 30-year-olds than 70-year-olds. On average, just over 2,000 of our group would still be dealing with Covid symptoms three months later, and more than half of them would be limited in their daily activities by those symptoms.

I did think that the Bill Gates microchips in the vaccines might pose some clot risk.

phes

probably a bit early to be comparing risks as there are ~140,000 yellow cards in for suspected UK adverse reactions to COVID vaccines of which ~700 are deaths. Around 2/3 of these will be AZ and most of the remainder P.

JaDanketies

Quote from: phes on April 08, 2021, 09:40:45 AM
probably a bit early to be comparing risks as there are ~140,000 yellow cards in for suspected UK adverse reactions to COVID vaccines of which ~700 are deaths. Around 2/3 of these will be AZ and most of the remainder P.

Quote"The nature of Yellow Card reporting means that reported events are not always proven side effects. Some events may have happened anyway, regardless of vaccination.

"This is particularly the case when millions of people are vaccinated, and especially when most vaccines are being given to the most elderly people and people who have underlying illness."

The MHRA's summary of this data states that analysis of individual reports of deaths "does not suggest the vaccine played a role" and the majority of fatal reports were in "elderly people or people with underlying illness".

https://fullfact.org/online/460-vaccine-deaths-yellow-card/ - natch full fact are funded by big tech who want us to get microchipped

phes

Yes, that's why they're suspected. Suspected by the injured party and accepted on account of the temporal proximity and plausibility. I'm just saying that those current death stats will inevitably be lower than they are

idunnosomename

Might get hit by a bus going to the vaccination centre. Not worth it. Too busy to go out. My genitals aren't going to masturbate themselves. Sadly.

bgmnts

Mother is off to get Clotta, her actualy choice, so hoping she leaves me the television in her will.

Pinball

All this talk is giving me a headache. Indeed, I feel quite nauseous.

bgmnts

Quote from: Pinball on April 08, 2021, 04:30:27 PM
All this talk is giving me a headache.

Here, take two of these:

Chedney Honks

I have an ache in my leg that seems to be moving up towards my thorax.

Coincidence?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Someone probably punched you in the balls.

chveik