Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,549,374
  • Total Topics: 106,172
  • Online Today: 659
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:30:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Egg Wallace with some primetime Holocaust lols

Started by touchingcloth, April 07, 2021, 11:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

"That duck looks lavly. Why you doing duck?"

"It's Sophie's favourite..."

"And Sophie is ...your wife?"

"Fiancée. We were supposed to get married last year but COVID happened, so I just thought I'd make her favourite."

"Ah. Sophie's choice."

https://twitter.com/Popkid71/status/1372292139086938113?s=20

bgmnts

Did they deliberately lower the audio of "it was"? I swear I hear "it was Sophie's choice" but it was isnt as audible.

If so thats very weird because obviously the sentence "it was Sophie's choice" is quite innocuous isnt it? But the little smirk after shows it not to be so. But I have no idea how the editing works.

idunnosomename

more the fault of the editor for going with it and following it with a shot of him gurning like like the great rubber egg he is

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Greg doesn't really know what Sophie's Choice refers to, it's like when football commentators have to say something off the cuff about ancient Greece or philosophy when Greece are playing.

Also haha Egg wallace mate, classic. Cheers

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

It's probably just a case of Egg, who isn't a particularly bright man, seizing upon an opportunity to jokingly reference a famous film he hasn't seen. "Sophie's choice! That's a thing, isn't it?!"

The production team presumably haven't seen it either; they kept it in because it sounds like a bit of classic Egg banter. He said something meaningless and laughed, so that'll do.

But if he cracks wise about Schindler's List in the next episode, then we could be on to something.

EDIT: What Shoulders said.

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 07, 2021, 11:22:28 PM
Also haha Egg wallace mate, classic. Cheers

It's an incredibly obvious and childish nickname for a man called Gregg who has a head shaped like an egg, and that's why I find it amusing.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 07, 2021, 11:31:11 PM
It's an incredibly obvious and childish nickname for a man called Gregg who has a head shaped like an egg, and that's why I find it amusing.

Ah, that was me laughing in ironic but gentle love and fondness at/for Egg himself

touchingcloth

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 07, 2021, 11:18:05 PM
more the fault of the editor for going with it and following it with a shot of him gurning like like the great rubber egg he is

That's what I like about. It came out of Egg's mouth, but it needed to go unnoticed by the direggtor, camera opeggrator, eggitors (online and offline, probably a separate ingeggstion person), and then signed off on by at least one person in a senior maneggment position. It boggles the egg.

Goldentony

mad head hasnt he, proper imagine him wlking round the gaff starkers except slip ons asking for GRUB

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 07, 2021, 11:39:11 PM
Ah, that was me laughing in ironic but gentle love and fondness at/for Egg himself

Gotcha. For a moment there I was perturbed by the notion that you didn't find his nickname amusing.

Gregg Wallace, as I say, is a harmless buffoon. There's just no way he would deliberately reference a film about the Holocaust for shits and giggles. Someone on the production team should've picked up on it, but they're obviously just as clueless as he is.

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 07, 2021, 11:43:04 PM
That's what I like about. It came out of Egg's mouth, but it needed to go unnoticed by the direggtor, camera opeggrator, eggitors (online and offline, probably a separate ingeggstion person), and then signed off on by at least one person in a senior maneggment position. It boggles the egg.

Imagine having Gregg all over your face.

DrGreggles

It's never funny when anyone named 'Greg' gets called 'Egg'.

It's essentially a form of racism.

Greggxactly. Apologies to any members of the Greg(g) community who may have been offended by these greggrecious comments.

touchingcloth

"Mate, your eyebrows and forehead are all scrunched up like an old towel! What's going on there?"

"I'm just trying to focus on my cooking, give it my best shot."

"Oi see. And you're sort of mincing about the place and saying "ooh, hello" a lot - what's all that about?"

"I just have quite an affected and extravagant manner really. I'm going to have to stop chatting now and hurry to get my baps out. Pardon!"

"Ah. Concentration, camp."

Butchers Blind

checkoutgirl

Wild Geese eggs.
Dirty Dozen eggs.
Egg Over The River Kwai.
A Fridge (full of eggs) Too Far.
Full Metal Jacket potato with eggs.
Apocalypse Cow (eggs).
First Blood pudding, bacon, beans, spam and eggs.
Sophie's Choice (eggs over easy or sunny side up) with beans, spam and eggs.

chveik

As I recall, Sophie was done up for helping communists rather than for being Jewish, so nothing to see here.  Egg Wallace un-canceled.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 07, 2021, 11:43:04 PM

" eggles the mind", Shirley?

Zetetic

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on April 07, 2021, 11:58:51 PM
Gregg Wallace, as I say, is a harmless buffoon. There's just no way he would deliberately reference a film about the Holocaust for shits and giggles.
It would be comforting to believe this is true, but he's issued a statement via his agent confirming that it was a deliberate and specific reference to having to decide which of your children you would send to a certain death.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Goldentony on April 07, 2021, 11:50:44 PM
mad head hasnt he, proper imagine him wlking round the gaff starkers except slip ons asking for GRUB

Probably time for a recap of an old popbitch story:

QuoteWhenever Gregg Wallace or John Torode find themselves feeling thirsty on the set of MasterChef, they will put on a baby voice and ask the nearest runner to get them a "fuzzy waawaa".

"Fuzzy waawaa is not, as you might imagine, just fizzy water said in an eerie way. It is very specifically (and all studio runners must understand this) a glass of sparkling water served with exactly two cubes of ice, one slice of lemon and one slice of lime.

It is only ever referred to as "fuzzy waawaa".

Jerzy Bondov

Reposting my drawing of Gregg. I sent it to him on Twitter but he didn't respond.

Retinend

idunnosomename

The Mollusk

Love it Jerzy.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who see Wallace for the fucking demon he really is. I tried watching the new series of Masterchef on iPlayer the other night but the early episodes are now hard-encoded with sign language and the voiceover for sight-impaired who describe every unspoken action during every bit of silence. Eventually I just started adding my own voiceover to describe what was happening.

<Ross is preparing some veg>
Telly voicover: "Ross has cut himself."
Me: "GREG SMELLS THE BLOOD FROM ACROSS THE ROOM. HIS EYES GO BLACK LIKE A SHARK."

<Dominique is eliminated>
Me: "GREG'S ENTIRE FACE TRANSFORMS INTO A GIANT HOWLING ANUS. HE EMITS A PIERCING SCREECH WHICH OBLITERATES DOMINIQUE ON THE SPOT."